The Education Forum

Jackie's magic hand

What came to mind of that photo comparison is not Jackie's hand, but rather the question: Where's Connally in Altgens?

Is the Altgens shot here, too cropped to see where JBC went? In Zap 254 he seems to be directly in front of Jackie's hand and partially aligned with Kennedy's body. Didn't the LN team always use the argument that the SBT trajectory lines up "nicely" with everything since the jump seats were closer together in the center of the limo than what the Presidential couple was seated in the back seat. If that's the case, where's JBC?

That argument doesn't seem to hold here, unless the uncropped Altgens reveals something else.....

IMO there's nothing suspicious about Jackie's hand and the way it can be seen in the comparison, perhaps the distance and angles of the photographers does help explain how we can see her hand in the manner we do in both frames.

I'm not suggesting photo manipulation necessarily, I'm suggesting that the alignment of the seating in the limo à la Lone Nut and SBT doesn't seem to hold when looking at the Altgens, which taken roughly at ZAP 250-260????

I have wondered about this for years. Tell me how it is possible.

Jack

That is curious.

Jackie appears to be holding JFK's arm in the altgens pic.

In the Z frame there seems to be space between the hand and the arm.

Then, there is that shadow on JFK's hand. What is casting that shadow?

Jackie's hand seems to lack the shadowing one would expect to find on a reverse view from the N side of Elm.

Kind of hard to have sunshine on both sides of the glove isn't it?

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Robbins

I have wondered about this for years. Tell me how it is possible.

Jack

You wrote, "...how is this possible?"

This is how the 'thumb' is possible, and I believe probable:

If a verticle line were drawn through the thumb knuckle of Jackie's hand (the intersection being 0,0,0,), the line of the thumb would follow (I'm very rusty on maths, but you should get the point) a vector basically x=y=z (Should that be -x=y=z). The direction of the thumb would, at 4 points, around a 360 degree viewing, be pointing in the same direction, although progressively seeing around the white gloved thumb. The frontal Altgen view and the side-on Zapruder view being two of those points. Shove a stick in the ground at the appropriate angle and walk around it.

The other part of her hand, with a little variation, follows the same principal, but if my thumb explanation is denied there seems little point in expanding on it.

ST

Edited by Steven Tomlinson

That is curious.

Jackie appears to be holding JFK's arm in the altgens pic.

In the Z frame there seems to be space between the hand and the arm.

Then, there is that shadow on JFK's hand. What is casting that shadow?

Jackie's hand seems to lack the shadowing one would expect to find on a reverse view from the N side of Elm.

Kind of hard to have sunshine on both sides of the glove isn't it?

Chuck

Jack used Z254 to equate to Altgens 6 when Z255 is the correct frame to use.

post-1084-1151583694_thumb.gif

As you can see, Jackie's hand moved between those two frames. There is nothing seen about Jackie's hands that cannot be duplicated in similar light.

Bill Miller