The Education Forum

Where is Clint's LEG?

This photo has long troubled me. Where is Hill's leg?

Don't all photos trouble you? Hill's leg is inside the car.

There are other questions I will not mention now.

Just explain where the rest of his left leg is.

Jack

What I have done is hardly a perfect drawing, but I feel that it wasted more effort than what this nonsense warrants. Hill is leaning to his left and has his left foot down inside the car ... most likely it is pushing against the inside passenger door panel.

At first, I was disgusted that you would start a new thread over the Newman photo when it has already been discussed in another thread, but maybe it is better this way because it draws attention to your problems in understanding perspective and how it applies to photographs. In other words, you just showed why so many of your interpretations are in error so much of the time.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

Don't all photos trouble you? Hill's leg is inside the car.

Jack

What I have done is hardly a perfect drawing, but I feel that it wasted more effort than what this nonsense warrants. Hill is leaning to his left and has his left foot down inside the car ... most likely it is pushing against the inside passenger door panel.

At first, I was disgusted that you would start a new thread over the Newman photo when it has already been discussed in another thread, but maybe it is better this way because it draws attention to your problems in understanding perspective and how it applies to photographs. In other words, you just showed why so many of your interpretations are in error so much of the time.

Bill Miller

Actually, Bill, Jack's question raises a valid point considering that other monstrous thread. Since you acknowledge that Hill's left leg is on the the right side of the car in the Newman photo, where is it in the Miller photo? I believe you said previoously that Hill had simply pulled his right leg forward between the photos. Iit seems clear his left leg would have to have moved substantially as well. Who's to say he didn't accidentally push Kennedy off the seat while moving his left leg?

Jack

here.

One can see the outline of the door in the interior photo which by inference on the outside locates the seat.

The jacket creases on the left front thigh show the left leg is pointing down. Because his leg is right up against the seat back the top is bulging upwards from the front of the seat back being compressed.

Clints left leg is located by looking at the left grill rear of the seat top. His right hand prior to lifting the leg over Kennedys leg/arm is just seen under his right thigh. All-up, his locates his foot on the seat (where his weight depresses the seat springs) just where his foot print is on the seat.(or rather the outline of it where the blood flows into the depression his weight causes)

Edited by John Dolva

Actually, Bill, Jack's question raises a valid point considering that other monstrous thread. Since you acknowledge that Hill's left leg is on the the right side of the car in the Newman photo, where is it in the Miller photo?

I did a similar drawing for the Miller photo earlier in another thread. It was for an exchange that you and I were having. http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...7226&st=120 - see post 131

I believe you said previoously that Hill had simply pulled his right leg forward between the photos. Iit seems clear his left leg would have to have moved substantially as well.

I believe I had said that Hill simply slide his foot into place while turning right his knee inward

Who's to say he didn't accidentally push Kennedy off the seat while moving his left leg?

I guess anyone can just say anything as many of us are witnessing now, but it was Clint Hill as I recall who corrected an interviewer who mentioned that it was JFK's foot seen in the Miller photo by saying that it was his (Hill's) foot.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

Where/when did 'Clint say it was his foot in the Miller' photograph?

Where/when did 'Clint say it was his foot in the Miller' photograph?

You may wish to email Gary Mack and see if he can find it for you. I recall an interview Hill gave where he corrected someone over that being his foot and not the President's. Besides, Hill said that he hooked his foot over the door panel and no one has paid attention to him so far ... I don't see how one more interview under his belt is going to make any difference.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

Clints left leg is located by looking at the left grill rear of the seat top. His right hand prior to lifting the leg over Kennedys leg/arm is just seen under his right thigh. All-up, his locates his foot on the seat (where his weight depresses the seat springs) just where his foot print is on the seat.(or rather the outline of it where the blood flows into the depression his weight causes)

I have ridden in the replica car several times and Clint Hill could not have had his left leg straight in the Newman photo. I might also add that the WH garage photos show the majority of the blood was in front of Jackie's lap.

What do you figure the chances are that someone stepped on the bloody seat when they lifted JFK out of the limo, which would have nothing to do with Hill's ride to Parkland?

Bill Miller

"I have ridden in the replica car several times

and (therefore)

Clint Hill could not have had his left leg straight in the Newman photo."

Doesn't follow, (non sequiteur?)

"I might also add that the WH garage photos show the majority of the blood was in front of Jackie's lap."

Jackie perched on her right buttock/thigh on the edge causes a trough that leads blood to flow to this place.

This is why a picture of Jackies right rear post assassination is wanted, pref color.

What do you figure the chances are that someone stepped on the bloody seat when they lifted JFK out of the limo, which would have nothing to do with Hill's ride to Parkland?

Entirely possible as long as it's not too bloody.

Edited by John Dolva

His leg is right up against the seatback in front of the left grill.