The Education Forum

Biography: Dave Damon

Dave Damon

I'm a retired businessman. My goal is to find out some information about the bombing of North Vietnam. My father-in-law was LtCol Richard James Hubbard. He flew B-52's during that war. It was my understanding that he the head of bomber operations during the heigth of the war in SE Asia. He was stationed out of Uddapao (sp) Thailand. I had had discussions with him about B-52 loses during the war. He said that there were none, but he could not discuss it. I understand there is a shot down B-52 on display at it's crash site in Hanoi. Is there anyone that can give me any information on this subject?

I'm a retired businessman. My goal is to find out some information about the bombing of North Vietnam. My father-in-law was LtCol Richard James Hubbard. He flew B-52's during that war. It was my understanding that he the head of bomber operations during the heigth of the war in SE Asia. He was stationed out of Uddapao (sp) Thailand. I had had discussions with him about B-52 loses during the war. He said that there were none, but he could not discuss it. I understand there is a shot down B-52 on display at it's crash site in Hanoi. Is there anyone that can give me any information on this subject?

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure if this is what you are after, but check this out.

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/aircrew-12191972.htm

Cheers,

James

Dave,

I'd post your enquery to the alt.war.vietnam (Google) board, many, MANY Vietnam era vets hang out there.

To the best of my knowledge there were many downed B-52's during the Vietnam conflict, particularly when flying raids over North Vietnam, Hanoi specifically

David Healy

USArmy MAAG-Vietnam

1963-64