The Education Forum

Black Op radio enterviews Mark Lane.

Terry Adams

As most know, Mr. Lane was the attorney for the newspaper in the E. Howard Hunt trial in Florida, where the jury found that the CIA was involved in the assassination of JFK. He says that Gerry Hemming told him that he was a shooter in Dealey Plaza. The enterview is fascinating. Anxious to hear your responses.

Terry

As most know, Mr. Lane was the attorney for the newspaper in the E. Howard Hunt trial in Florida, where the jury found that the CIA was involved in the assassination of JFK. He says that Gerry Hemming told him that he was a shooter in Dealey Plaza. The enterview is fascinating. Anxious to hear your responses.

Terry

Great interview Terry. Lane has been something of a legend to me: Plausible Denial and Rush to Judgement are two of the better books-esp given how early they were written, he worked with Jim Garrison who was one of the bravest men in American history, Lane was attorney for the only court case that ever found that the CIA murdered President Kennedy. This is the first time I've actually heard him speak. I'm really pleased that he doesn't seem to have lost his edge. He speaks with passion and he's an encyclopedia of JFK info.

They have a good summary of the interview at: http://www.blackopradio.com/inc_archives2006.html.

This is interesting:

"Detailed discussion of NSAM #273 (the reversal of #263); the draft of #273 had EIGHT

copies out on 11/21, the day before the assassination, a stunning behind-the-back

reversal of Kennedy's intentions to withdraw "all U.S. personnel" from Vietnam,

evidence that people in the loop already knew Kennedy would be killed"

Anyone know more about those those drafts?

And I love this:

"Lane concludes that destruction of US honor througout the world is the biggest problem today;

Lane is working on a piece of legislation which would require everyone from the cabinet level up

to be taxed 100% on their personal gains from war profiteering"

Can't imagine it happening, but wouldn't it change the world dramatically if it did? Suddenly, no more war. Poof. But the price of gas would go up to 8 million dollars a barrel to compensate.

Terry

Great interview Terry. Lane has been something of a legend to me: Plausible Denial and Rush to Judgement are two of the better books-esp given how early they were written, he worked with Jim Garrison who was one of the bravest men in American history, Lane was attorney for the only court case that ever found that the CIA murdered President Kennedy. This is the first time I've actually heard him speak. I'm really pleased that he doesn't seem to have lost his edge. He speaks with passion and he's an encyclopedia of JFK info.

They have a good summary of the interview at: http://www.blackopradio.com/inc_archives2006.html.

This is interesting:

""Detailed discussion of NSAM #273 (the reversal of #263); the draft of #273 had EIGHT

copies out on 11/21, the day before the assassination, a stunning behind-the-back

And I love this:

"Lane concludes that destruction of US honor througout the world is the biggest problem today;

Lane is working on a piece of legislation which would require everyone from the cabinet level up

Can't imagine it happening, but wouldn't it change the world dramatically if it did? Suddenly, no more war. Poof. But the price of gas would go up to 8 million dollars a barrel to compensate.

I met Mark Lane around 1976 when he was in LaJolla, CA at a book signing and promotional talk for "Plausable Denial." Out of happenstance I arrived early and ate at a local cafe. Mark Lane sat next to me at the burger counter. I recognised heim, stuck up a conversation and handed him a recent newspaper article on Chauncy Holt since Chauncy lived a few miles inland in LaMesa and the article in the San Diego Union was all about Chauncy's ties to the Kennedy assasination. Chauncy claimed to be one one the three tramps who walked with his "toes out" as did the last of the three tramps.

I don't know if Mark Lane ever followed up and interviewed Chauncy Holt. I know at the time Chauncy wanted someone to help him write a book. But I do have my autographed copy of "Plausable Denial" with a "Thank your for the Newspaper Article" from Mark Lane.

That was my two-minutes of fame.

-- Bill Grote

The important point to grasp about people like Bush and Cheney is that they are not really conservatives. A major factor in conservative philosophy is the belief in a reduction in government spending. Bush, like Reagan before him, has greatly increased government spending during his period in power. When Bush took over in 2000, the long-term fiscal liability of the federal government was $20 trillion. It now stands at $43 trillion. Bush has increased government spending at a faster rate than any Congress since the 1930s (Roosevelt’s New Deal).

Reagan and Bush had no option but to increase government spending in certain parts of the economy. This is the way governments pay back their financial supporters. Large corporations do not give donations, they make investments. Who made money from the Vietnam War? LBJ’s long-term financial backers: Halliburton, General Dynamics, Bell Corporation.

The same is true of the Iraq War. The contracts for rebuilding Iraq was organized by a company called New Bridge Strategies. This company was owned by Barbour, Griffith & Rogers. The majority shareholder in this company is Haley Barbour, the Republican governor of Mississippi. His partners, Lanny Griffith and Ed Rogers, are two lawyers who formerly worked in the George H. W. Bush administration. Barbour is also in charge of raising money for Republican Senate campaigns.

Barbour is a long-term supporter of George Bush. He arranged for a small group of companies, Bechtel ($1 billon), Halliburton ($2.3 billion) and International American Products ($527 million), to get most of the contracts for the reconstruction of Iraq schools, airports, roads, bridges, hospitals and power plants. It is no coincidence that these three companies are all major political donors to the Republican Party.

This is the reality of American capitalism. You can’t let the deaths of US military or Iraqi civilians to get in the way of profits.

The important point to grasp about people like Bush and Cheney is that they are not really conservatives. A major factor in conservative philosophy is the belief in a reduction in government spending. Bush, like Reagan before him, has greatly increased government spending during his period in power. When Bush took over in 2000, the long-term fiscal liability of the federal government was $20 trillion. It now stands at $43 trillion. Bush has increased government spending at a faster rate than any Congress since the 1930s (Roosevelt’s New Deal).

Reagan and Bush had no option but to increase government spending in certain parts of the economy. This is the way governments pay back their financial supporters. Large corporations do not give donations, they make investments. Who made money from the Vietnam War? LBJ’s long-term financial backers: Halliburton, General Dynamics, Bell Corporation.

The same is true of the Iraq War. The contracts for rebuilding Iraq was organized by a company called New Bridge Strategies. This company was owned by Barbour, Griffith & Rogers. The majority shareholder in this company is Haley Barbour, the Republican governor of Mississippi. His partners, Lanny Griffith and Ed Rogers, are two lawyers who formerly worked in the George H. W. Bush administration. Barbour is also in charge of raising money for Republican Senate campaigns.

Barbour is a long-term supporter of George Bush. He arranged for a small group of companies, Bechtel ($1 billon), Halliburton ($2.3 billion) and International American Products ($527 million), to get most of the contracts for the reconstruction of Iraq schools, airports, roads, bridges, hospitals and power plants. It is no coincidence that these three companies are all major political donors to the Republican Party.

This is the reality of American capitalism. You can’t let the deaths of US military or Iraqi civilians to get in the way of profits.

Yes. I'm starting to think of President Kennedy as an early casuality of the Vietnam war. His name should be on the Vietnam war memorial in DC, along with "NSAM #263." By the time he became our president the power elite knew that the most profitable industry was war. Get paid to build bombs to destroy a town, then get paid to rebuild it. Sweet.

Brown and Root give LBJ money to murder his way into the White House, then he cranks up the Vietnam war and hires Brown and Root to build stuff in Vietnam. Decades later Brown and Root, now called Halliburton, gives money to Bush steal his way into the whitehouse, then he invades an oil rich PNAC country and hires Halliburton to build stuff. Ah, tradition.

I understand the distinction you're making John. The true conservatives I know are just as horrified with this regime as the progressives are. As much as I disagree with true conservatives, at least they had a sincere philosophy that I can understand on an dispassionate level. Whereas the "neo-cons" (who shouldn't be called neo-cons since it's a misnomer) are fascists. It's definitely too nice to merely call them hypocrites, tho' that's accurate as well.

"American capitalism" - right; the scenario you describe makes it obvious that Jack Abramoff's strategy is typical of politicians in American capitalism. I used to think of lobbying as legalized bribery. It's more like money laundering. Between Abramoff and Delay it was just a big ol' laundering scheme. If people want certain legislation they pay for it and the bribes are hidden (in the case of Abramoff not very well). And that's how the US political system works. And that's why Communism has been the boogeyman for so long; not because of any ideological disagreement but because corporate profit is the only thing that matters. Not people not life not art or ideas, just corporate profit. Once the Commie boogyman was gone they had to scramble to come up with another justification for war, and Terrorism became the new boogeyman. And it's an even better one, it's open ended; can't be won or lost. Yeah, perpetual war for perpetual profit.

Now Barbour, Griffith & Rogers - that's all totally new to me. Thank you for the info. I need to research that. Hm, in Farenheit 911 Michael Moore showed a convention of war profiteers dividing up the pie. I wonder if that was a Barbour, Griffith & Rogers event.

Oh, and on the subject of gov't spending, I do think that the power elite is having their Bush puppet crank it up to give the banks more interest money (thanks to the unconstitutional federal reserve system that President Kennedy was trying to eliminate along with the Vietnam war), and of course to funnel money to their corporate backers (where they own stock), and eventually to bankrupt the US so they can achieve their goal of globalization, the new world order, which brings us back to PNAC.

Terry

This is interesting:

""Detailed discussion of NSAM #273 (the reversal of #263); the draft of #273 had EIGHT

And I love this:

I met Mark Lane around 1976 when he was in LaJolla, CA at a book signing and promotional talk for "Plausable Denial." Out of happenstance I arrived early and ate at a local cafe. Mark Lane sat next to me at the burger counter. I recognised heim, stuck up a conversation and handed him a recent newspaper article on Chauncy Holt since Chauncy lived a few miles inland in LaMesa and the article in the San Diego Union was all about Chauncy's ties to the Kennedy assasination. Chauncy claimed to be one one the three tramps who walked with his "toes out" as did the last of the three tramps.

I don't know if Mark Lane ever followed up and interviewed Chauncy Holt. I know at the time Chauncy wanted someone to help him write a book. But I do have my autographed copy of "Plausable Denial" with a "Thank your for the Newspaper Article" from Mark Lane.

That was my two-minutes of fame.

-- Bill Grote

Wow I'm envious Bill. Really, Mark Lane is a hero. And that's a great autograph, what with the newspaper article mention.

Do you remember much else about your conversation with him?

If I suddenly ran into him I'd think of a million questions, about 24 hours later.

Edited by Myra Bronstein