The Education Forum

"Cuban Exile Plotting"

Steve Thomas

On page 770 of, "The Man Who Knew Too Much", Dick Russell says that there is a State Department Memo dated July 19, 1963 entitled, "Cuban Exile Plotting" at the Kennedy Library. The memo says that a source said that the John Birch Society types were backing "certain Cuban exiles of a militant bent..."

Has anyone seen this memo or have it?

It doesn't show up in a NARA search, or at the Mary Ferrell Foundation website.

Steve Thomas

On page 770 of, "The Man Who Knew Too Much", Dick Russell says that there is a State Department Memo dated July 19, 1963 entitled, "Cuban Exile Plotting" at the Kennedy Library. The memo says that a source said that the John Birch Society types were backing "certain Cuban exiles of a militant bent..."

I have sent you Dick Russell's email address.

It doesn't show up in a NARA search, or at the Mary Ferrell Foundation website.

Steve Thomas

Hi Steve,

which edition of the book do you have? I'm reading it at the moment but my book only has 588 pages, it's the 2003 edition. I can't find the bit you refer to.

Thanks