The Education Forum

The Simplest Explanation

Somehow, I feel that the simplest explanation for the assassination is the best one:

IE, it was the CIA because JFK fell out with them over the Bay of Pigs.

I mean, it's all only SO complicated. A finite number number of people were involved and somebody initiated the thing.

My thoughts are, at the moment, that the Mafia were moving closer to the Kennedy's and killed Marilyn Monroe as a warning.

This speeded the whole thing up and the CIA finished it off before Bobby, who had less protection, or some other member of the government got hit.

That's the way I feel at the moment. The simplest explanation is the best one.

I like your approach to the case, Carl.

There is an even simpler albeit similar explanation: a powerful faction within the American

ruling elite killed Kennedy in order to facilitate an invasion of Cuba.

I think a lot of people came to that conclusion years ago, especially after the 2001

publication of James Bamford's BODY OF SECRETS and its revelations of Operation

Northwoods.

Reading Larry Hancock's awesome SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TALKED brings it all back home.

Who were the pre-eminent American coup masters in 1963? Ed Lansdale, David Phillips and

David Morales, all CIA or CIA connected.

They weren't reacting to the Bay of Pigs so much as pro-actively pursuing the same goal.

The assassination was organized around a POLICY that transcended institutional or group

identifications. To throw around these group names "the CIA did it," "the Mob did it," "the

FBI did it," "Texas oil men did it" is the old three-blind-men-and-elephant routine, imo.

We'll never know the names of the shooters, but the names and motivations of those

who pulled off JFK's public execution have, in all likelihood, been revealed.

I think it could have been as simple as a single conversation between two (or possibly a few more) wealthy and powerful people. The rest gets entangled because of that vast wealth and power and obscures the view.

Ask yourself a very simple question. Who was the most powerful man in the country in 1963? Would he have had reason to want John Kennedy dead?

The power that killed JFK was absolute. It didn’t hope to get away with this crime. It didn’t think it could. It knew.

Who does/did the CIA, the U.S. military, Allen Dulles, John McCloy, Maxwell Taylor really work for?

If this power had hold of the presidency, and had for a long time, would it let go?

Terry Mauro, what do you think?

I think it could have been as simple as a single conversation between two (or possibly a few more) wealthy and powerful people. The rest gets entangled because of that vast wealth and power and obscures the view.

Ask yourself a very simple question. Who was the most powerful man in the country in 1963? Would he have had reason to want John Kennedy dead?

The power that killed JFK was absolute. It didn’t hope to get away with this crime. It didn’t think it could. It knew.

Who does/did the CIA, the U.S. military, Allen Dulles, John McCloy, Maxwell Taylor really work for?

If this power had hold of the presidency, and had for a long time, would it let go?

Terry Mauro, what do you think?

Great thread Carl. Yeah, the CIA was pissed, and so were alot of other people towards JFK. Mafia [beacuse of Bobby], Hoover [age retirement], CIA [bay of Pigs], Texas power oil elite [oil depletion allowance], LBJ [many reasons-mainly getting booted by JFK, and upcoming Baker scandal, plus same reasons the Texas oil men had], Pissed off Cubans [bay of Pigs, etc]. Everybody posting here is correct on one thing...... it took power and lots of $$$$. I personally like Mr. Sprauges title, "The Power Control Group". This group consisted of quite a few of this countrys most powerful and most wealthy people. They included higher ranking politicians [including LBJ], Texas "Big Oil Money" [Hunt, Murchison, and others] Hoover, and the CIA, plus probably some of the countrys leading media mogals. They all had an ax to grind, and knew what had to be done for all of their sakes. Cliff, personally i dont think it was primarally intended to start a third world war with Cuba, because if it was their main intention, they could have easily have done that by setting Oswald up to have shown that Cuba and Oswalds ties were the ones behind it. But instead, they did everything they could to show that it was only a "demented lone nut", who did this on his own accord, with noone else involved pulling his strings to do their bidding. LBJ, Hoover [and CIA], along with the almighty Warren Commision only let the public see what they wanted them to see, and hid everything else so no one was the wiser. Stan, I think you are asking the right questions here, and i think you are right. This "Power Control Group" had all of the right people in the right positions to control everything that needed to be done. They had plenty of oil money to get the best hired hit men in the business, and money to be thrown in to the right people in all of the right places. They had the right media people to put out what they wanted the people to hear, and the countrys most distinguished men in the "Warren Commision", who by the way, could not be questioned because of their "high esteem", to come to the only conclusion they were told to come to. After JFK was gone, LBJ got what he always wanted, his "best buddy" Hoover got to stay on forever, the CIA was happy, the Cubans were happy, the Texas Oil Men kept their depleation allowance, the Milatary Industrial Complex was extremely happy because they were set to make their billions of $ because of the escalading Vietnam war that LBJ was going to make sure was continued until he was out of office and longer, and the Mafia felt they gave the Kennedys what they diserved. So all in all, everybody pretty much felt good about what they accomplished. The only drawback was they didnt get Cuba back. Just my opinion FWIW.

thanks-smitty