The Education Forum

Head Shot

Provided is an animated gif and a quicktime movie (better quality) showing the same thing, frames 312-313 with transparent transisition frames in-between.

Please watch the (ear and nose) movement of JFK in relation to the back of his head moving. Hint! When do his ear and nose move?

Also, notice the shape of his FACE at the beginning of 312.

As the movie proceeds, and we finally end with 313, what happens to just his FACE in terms of colorization and shape?

chris

P.S.

Happy New Year to all.

Edited by Chris Davidson

As the movie proceeds, and we finally end with 313, what happens to just his FACE in terms of colorization and shape?

JFK's head moves so fast that it blurs terribly, thus the shape cannot be reliable in just that one particular frame. Later frames for comparison in changes might be more helpful.

Bill Miller

Provided is an animated gif and a quicktime movie (better quality) showing the same thing, frames 312-313 with transparent transisition frames in-between.

Please watch the (ear and nose) movement of JFK in relation to the back of his head moving. Hint! When do his ear and nose move?

chris

P.S.

Happy New Year to all.

Hello Chris

Thanks for this. Isn't the changing color of face simply due to the spray of blood in the air between the camera and JFK's head?

Chris

chris

P.S.

Happy New Year to all.

Hello Chris

Thanks for this. Isn't the changing color of face simply due to the spray of blood in the air between the camera and JFK's head?

Chris

Chris

I would tend to agree except for:

1.The color of Jackie's face with that same spray.

2.The spray being the exact covered shape of Jack's face, as outlined in the photo provided.

Bill,

What comes first: The bullet or the spray? In other words, I see spray appear before any head movement. If someone is shot in the

head, doesn't the head move instantly from the force of the bullet?

Is it possible to create the effect of movement by changing tonal values in color photographs?

thanks

chris

Bill,

What comes first: The bullet or the spray? In other words, I see spray appear before any head movement. If someone is shot in the

head, doesn't the head move instantly from the force of the bullet?

Is it possible to create the effect of movement by changing tonal values in color photographs?

thanks

chris

MPI sat out to create some of those tones. Furthermore, you must be kidding me about what comes first ... The cranial fluid is released instantly upon the bullet breaking through the skull bone. This act occurred between Z312 and Z313. In Z313, the bone plate is already in midair, thus there is no way someone can say they saw movement before the spray for none of that time period was ever caught on film.

Bill

I am just amazed & un-comfortable that just about every movie clip that I see about the head wound,seems to show a black spot in the back of the presidents head that is a completely different color then his hair.

Edited by Michael Crane