The Education Forum

Oswald "had been in contact" with Legat - Mexico

post-2765-1171185876_thumb.gif

post-2765-1171185924_thumb.png

These two documents indicate that Oswald had actually been in contact with Legat in Mexico City.

The FBI lab RETURNED Oswald's "original" Tourist card to Legat after it had been examined.

The next document is a list of questions which a Mr. Gale (Asst. Director) wanted answers to.

Notice that he wanted to know why LHO, after he was known to have been in contact with Legat in Mexico, was not contacted.

So, what kind of working arrangement would require LHO to give his original tourist card to Legat in Mexico City?

Then, why would FBI agents have been expected to contact LHO upon his return from that meeting?

Doesn't this sound like some type of spook work was being performed by Oswald and that his work involved interaction with CIA and FBI agents?

I am certain some will say I am dead wrong.. They will say.that there must be an innocent explanation for these docs., but...where there is smoke..there is usually fire.

I believe 1 of each of these were found in the Hsca and the WC docs. If that is wrong...inform me, please.

Individually they might be explained away...together, they show "Oswald" was most likely working for either the FBI, CIA, or both, when he went to those Embassies...imho, of course.

Let me state here and now that when I type "Oswald", in quotes, it indicates my belief that this was an imposter.

Some think this person was working to set-up Oswald. I think it goes a bit deeper that that.

This person was also working, perhaps unknowingly, to bring embarrassment upon the CIA station.

What a blackeye that must have been for the CIA to have taken the bait which caused them to misidentify

an allegedly unknown person as Lee (Henry) Harvey Oswald.

The manner in which this deception was accomplished is telling. The results indicate the scheme was developed by someone with intimate knowledge of what types of surveillance were being used.

The result? Tapes of "Oswald's" voice, and photos of "Oswald" were quickly gathered and processed, and, I believe that someone determined, from the data available to them regarding the real Oswald, that "Oswald's" actions were of no cause for alarm to the Agency.

I cannot, of course, prove this to be a fact, so, I submit it as opinion only.

Edited by Chuck Robbins

• 1 month later...

Just a note to let you all know that I have found and attached the two files which state that Oswald was in contact with Legat in Mexico.

IN CONTACT WITH LEGAT. Does this context not interest anyone?

When you take into consideration Win Scott's letter, to a J. C., in which he states that the man in the photos taken outside the Embassy is a man "known to him (JC), it seems clear that "Oswald" was well known to the various intel groups?

In contact with Legat and known by the chief of station.

That is a pretty cozy relationship with the CIA and he can not, therefore, be merely one unknown and as yet unidentified man.

Just a note to let you all know that I have found and attached the two files which state that Oswald was in contact with Legat in Mexico.

When you take into consideration Win Scott's letter, to a J. C., in which he states that the man in the photos taken outside the Embassy is a man "known to him (JC), it seems clear that "Oswald" was well known to the various intel groups?

That is a pretty cozy relationship with the CIA and he can not, therefore, be merely one unknown and as yet unidentified man.

Chuck,

Interesting documents in post #1... Unfortunately, some of the words in the bottom document are a little hard to make out....

BTW, you started me thinking about the mystery and confusion surrounding the "Mexico City Mystery Man," and I came to the realization (the epiphany if you will) that maybe, just maybe, Winn Scott simply screwed up royally and sent the wrong surveillance photos to the "authorities" up north right after the assassination, and maybe these wrong photos just happened to be of someone who was known to "J.C.," someone who may not have had anything at all to do with the assassination of JFK, but who just happened to be sufficiently unlucky to be captured on film while in M.C. on some other sort of "business." In other words, this might be an example of Murphy's Law to the eff-ing 9th degree...

Just thinking out loud here, folks...

Feedback anyone?

Thanks,

--Thomas :rolleyes:

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas Graves Posted Today, 10:41 AM

QUOTE(Chuck Robbins @ Mar 21 2007, 07:15 AM)

Chuck,

Interesting documents in post #1... Unfortunately, some of the words in the bottom document are a little hard to make out....

BTW, you started me thinking about the mystery and confusion surrounding the "Mexico City Mystery Man," and I came to the realization (the epiphany if you will) that maybe, just maybe, Winn Scott simply screwed up royally and sent the wrong surveillance photos to the "authorities" up north right after the assassination, and maybe these wrong photos just happened to be of someone who was known to "J.C.," someone who may not have had anything at all to do with the assassination of JFK, but who just happened to be sufficiently unlucky to be captured on film while in M.C. on some other sort of "business." In other words, this might be an example of Murphy's Law to the eff-ing 9th degree...

Feedback anyone?

Thanks,

--Thomas

Entirely possible, however, the CIA never bothered to correct this "little mishap", by providing accurate photos, or otherwise. As far as I know everyone was photographed that went in or out of those embassies.

Chuck,

I believe the J.C. in question was Colonel J. C. King, Chief, WH Division, which makes it even more interesting.

Steve Thomas

Chuck,

Feedback anyone?

Thanks,

--Thomas :rolleyes:

Granted...what you say is a possibility.

I want to know when Legat had contact with "Oswald".

I would like to know how he came into possession of that tourist card...which would have been needed

by "Oswald" to travel in Mexico.

The hard to read document has the words "been in" inserted between "had contact" giving the final "had been in contact".

Chuck,

Feedback anyone?

Thanks,

--Thomas :blink:

I would like to know how he came into possession of that tourist card...which would have been needed

The hard to read document has the words "been in" inserted between "had contact" giving the final "had been in contact".

Chuck,

the tourist card was obtained in NO on Sept 17. As in many other instances, the only proof it was LHO was the FBI say-so that the sig and some other writing on the card belonged to him. Not one witness was found placing him there.

In the past, I've privately expressed the view that the "mystery man" in the photo was not connected in any way with events surrounding Oswald - so I tend to agree here with Thomas. Robert Howard, a little while back, came up with a Czech named Svatapluk Osvald. CIA station in MC notified the EE (Eastern European?) Division about him on Oct 31. Mary Ferrell in fact, notified the Review Board about this individual, and believed he was the person photographed.

I found an individual who was a Czech diplomat - at least in the '80's - named Svatopluk Osvald. I think it's the same individual, and that his name was misspelled by the CIA. To me, the person in the photo looks Slavic. And a Czech diplomat visiting the Cuban Embassy makes perfect sense since Czechoslavkia was the "gateway" to Cuba.

Try this: No photo of LHO leaving the embassy was ever taken and so when a photo of Oswald was requested, the photo of Osvald was sent - in what may have even been an honest error - mistaken ID on the surname.

As for Oswald visiting the Legat... well... he was placed by a witness at a restaurant in the same building. A number of variables here, though... real LHO/imposter? July/August/Sept?

Chuck,

Feedback anyone?

Thanks,

--Thomas :ice

Chuck,

the tourist card was obtained in NO on Sept 17. As in many other instances, the only proof it was LHO was the FBI say-so that the sig and some other writing on the card belonged to him. Not one witness was found placing him there.

In the past, I've privately expressed the view that the "mystery man" in the photo was not connected in any way with events surrounding Oswald - so I tend to agree here with Thomas. Robert Howard, a little while back, came up with a Czech named Svatapluk Osvald. CIA station in MC notified the EE (Eastern European?) Division about him on Oct 31. Mary Ferrell in fact, notified the Review Board about this individual, and believed he was the person photographed.

I found an individual who was a Czech diplomat - at least in the '80's - named Svatopluk Osvald. I think it's the same individual, and that his name was misspelled by the CIA. To me, the person in the photo looks Slavic. And a Czech diplomat visiting the Cuban Embassy makes perfect sense since Czechoslavkia was the "gateway" to Cuba.

Try this: No photo of LHO leaving the embassy was ever taken and so when a photo of Oswald was requested, the photo of Osvald was sent - in what may have even been an honest error - mistaken ID on the surname.

As for Oswald visiting the Legat... well... he was placed by a witness at a restaurant in the same building. A number of variables here, though... real LHO/imposter? July/August/Sept?

The issue I have with any and all scenarios involving this subject is that if the person in the photo WAS KNOWN then why was he not id'd by theperson who was familiar with him?

If this person truly was innocently misidentified as Oswald, as claimed, an official interview of him would have been mandatory to make that determination "official".

Personal embarassment caused by being misidentified has never been an acceptable reason to not be subject to an official interview in a criminal investigation.

I believe an interview would have been mandatory.

I have yet to read a report by Legat detailing the circumstances of this contact with Oswald.

There had to have been a written report available to FBI HQ.

Inspector Gale had to have some data made available to him regarding this in order to include the subject in his list of questions.

So, the whole story of Oswald being photographed covertly is BS. If Legat was in contact with Oswald you can be sure Oswald's current photo was on file.

Is there any record of a statement being given by Legat regarding any information he might have re: the JFK murder?

It's damn sad that these people were known, without a doubt, to have been in contact with Oswald and yet they were never forced to reveal the purpose of this contact.

Investigation my eye....it was more properly an anti-investigation.