The Education Forum

THE APOLLO HOAX FAQ

Duane Daman

The problem is, you probably won't find someone with all of those qualifications outside the space industry, which will necessarily give him ties to nasa. And if Apollo happened as advertised, then why would someone with such knowledge "highly doubt" the authenticity of the Apollo program to begin with. So far, the only people we've seen who highly doubt the authenticiy of the program are the people who don't fit the qualifications you demand.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Investigator Tom Baron didn't change his mind about the fact that the Apollo equipment couldn't fly ... and he ended up very dead , along with his wife and daughter .... Plus , his 500 page report proving that Apollo was a joke , was stolen out of the car they were murdered in.

I don't think Tom Baron knew what he thought! He seems to say one thing, then immediately contradicts himself:

Mr. TEAGUE: Mr. Baron, if things were really as bad as you pictured them by the things that, you have said to this committee in your report, do you believe we would ever have gotten a shot off to the moon? Do you think we ever would have had one successful shot?

Mr. BARON: Certainly, sir.

Mr. TEAGUE: With the conditions you pictured here, do you think we could be successful in any of our shots?

Mr. BARON: No, sir. No, sir. I don't think so.

Investigator Tom Baron didn't change his mind about the fact that the Apollo equipment couldn't fly ... and he ended up very dead , along with his wife and daughter .... Plus , his 500 page report proving that Apollo was a joke , was stolen out of the car they were murdered in.

(my bolding)

Duane-

I assume you have evidence to back up this extraordinary claim?

Honestly

Steve .... Even though Tom Baron's death was ruled a suicide , not many people excepted that explanation .... He was not so distraught over the fact that the Apollo craft were unflyable that he would have killed himself over it and taken his wife and daughter with him in the process ... What an insult to everyone's intelligence to make the outrageous claim that their deaths were suicides .

Evan ... You do know that Baron's verbal testomony given to the nasa committee was not the same as his 500 page detailed report which was completed after he testified .

This damaging report against the Apollo Program was in his briefcase , which was in the car with Baron and his family when they all decided to kill themselves on the railroad tracks in front of an oncoming train .... But after the car was hit , all three bodies were found in the car but somehow the briefcase containing this 500 page report against nasa , somehow managed to just get up and walk away !

Mr. TEAGUE: With the conditions you pictured here, do you think we could be successful in any of our shots?

Mr. BARON: No, sir. No, sir. I don't think so.

He didn't sound so confused to me ...

Evan ... You do know that Baron's verbal testomony given to the nasa committee was not the same as his 500 page detailed report which was completed after he testified .

This damaging report against the Apollo Program was in his briefcase , which was in the car with Baron and his family when they all decided to kill themselves on the railroad tracks in front of an oncoming train .... But after the car was hit , all three bodies were found in the car but somehow the briefcase containing this 500 page report against nasa , somehow managed to just get up and walk away !

Duane,

You do know that the 500 page report was submitted to the House Sub-committee (not NASA) when he gave that testimony before the House Sub-committee?

I think you have to acknowledge that Baron's death was suspicious, to say the least. Husband and wife suicides are extremely rare, and I've never heard of a case where a child agreed to end his/her life as well in a family suicide. I'm an agnostic on the issue of whether or not the Apollo flights were a hoax. I certainly think that's it's possible they were. I would ask the debunkers here that question; do you believe it would be possible for moon flights to be faked? I'd also ask why they think that Gus Grissom's family believes he was murdered. There is an interesting video out there, called "Astronauts Gone Wild." This filmmaker (can't recall his name off the top of my head) went around and questioned a bunch of the Apollo astronauts, and his gimmick was to try and get them to swear on the bible that they had gone to the moon. The most interesting part, I thought, was the last astronaut he interviewed (sorry, don't remember his name). This guy kicked him (literally) out of his house and, not realizing the filmmaker had left his microphone on, his grown son was heard to say, "think I should call the CIA and have him whacked?" Seriously, that's exactly what the son said, and he talking only to his father, not trying to make the filmmaker paranoid. It was like something out of a bad movie script.

Hi Don,

I think you have to acknowledge that Baron's death was suspicious, to say the least. Husband and wife suicides are extremely rare, and I've never heard of a case where a child agreed to end his/her life as well in a family suicide.

I can't agree with you that it was suspicious. I haven't actually read the Coroner's report but I do know it was ruled as a suicide. Perhaps a term we would use today is a murder / suicide? I'm unsure, but I have not read anything that suggested that his wife knew that this was going to happen. I'll see what I can find out on the circumstances.

I know that some people claim that he was murdered by or on behalf of NASA or perhaps NAA. In that theory you'd have to ask why. His reports had already been presented to NASA and accepted as an exhibit before the House Sub-Committee, and he had already given testimony. Surely the damage had been done? Killing him would have simply drawn further attention to what he had said.

I'm an agnostic on the issue of whether or not the Apollo flights were a hoax. I certainly think that's it's possible they were. I would ask the debunkers here that question; do you believe it would be possible for moon flights to be faked?

IMO, no, not really. The effort and technical challenge to fake the landings would have been as great - if not greater - than the landings themselves. The documentation, the science, the moon rocks... it all supports the verisimilitude of the Apollo programme.

I can go into further detail on this if you like.

I'd also ask why they think that Gus Grissom's family believes he was murdered.

That has been discussed extensively in this thread.

There is an interesting video out there, called "Astronauts Gone Wild." This filmmaker (can't recall his name off the top of my head) went around and questioned a bunch of the Apollo astronauts, and his gimmick was to try and get them to swear on the bible that they had gone to the moon. The most interesting part, I thought, was the last astronaut he interviewed (sorry, don't remember his name). This guy kicked him (literally) out of his house and, not realizing the filmmaker had left his microphone on, his grown son was heard to say, "think I should call the CIA and have him whacked?" Seriously, that's exactly what the son said, and he talking only to his father, not trying to make the filmmaker paranoid. It was like something out of a bad movie script.

The persons name is Bart Sibrel.

I would certainly question whether the sound bite of the son is real or not; I would not put it past Mr Sibrel to 'create' material to help support his opinion. Mr Sibrel has stalked various astronauts, used false premises to gain interviews, made veiled threats to the astronauts families, claimed publicly available footage as being 'secret, unreleased' film, and IMO is generally not a very nice person. He lacks any credibility (IMO).

His "fifteen minutes of fame" came when he lured Buzz Aldrin to a meeting at a hotel, claiming to be from a well-known Japanese educational network. When Buzz found out who it was, he turned and walked out, accompanied by his grand-daughter (? IIRC). Mr Sibrel, with his film crew, stalked him out of the building demanding that he swear on the Bible. Mr Sibrel then called him "...a coward, a xxxx, and a thief..." whereupon Buzz finally decided enough was enough and hit him. Mr Sibrel's actions would seem to have been directed towards this very response, because he immediately asked "Did you get that?".

The footage of that incident can be seen here.

Mr Sibrel tried to bring assault charges against Buzz, but the LA prosecutor decline to press charges saying that Buzz had been provoked by Mr Sibrel.

(Edit: Removed reference to Mr Sibrel not showing astronauts who had sworn on the Bible)

Edited by Evan Burton

<snip>

He fails to show when the astronauts have sworn on the Bible that the landings were real, and lacks any credibility (IMO).

I have seen one of Sibrel's videos which does show 2 or 3 astronauts, albeit under duress, swearing on the Bible that they did go to the moon (I forget which ones). Ah, according to Wiki it's Cernan and Mitchell, and the video is Astronauts Gone Wild. I have to say most of them displayed more patience than I would under similar circumstances.

Hi Don,
I think you have to acknowledge that Baron's death was suspicious, to say the least. Husband and wife suicides are extremely rare, and I've never heard of a case where a child agreed to end his/her life as well in a family suicide.

I can't agree with you that it was suspicious. I haven't actually read the Coroner's report but I do know it was ruled as a suicide. Perhaps a term we would use today is a murder / suicide? I'm unsure, but I have not read anything that suggested that his wife knew that this was going to happen. I'll see what I can find out on the circumstances.

I know that some people claim that he was murdered by or on behalf of NASA or perhaps NAA. In that theory you'd have to ask why. His reports had already been presented to NASA and accepted as an exhibit before the House Sub-Committee, and he had already given testimony. Surely the damage had been done? Killing him would have simply drawn further attention to what he had said

I'm not going to speculate as to him being murdered or not, but I think when you have an entire family die together like that, at the very least it's suspcious. If there was no evidence that he drugged his wife and child, or knocked them out, then they willingly died with him. I think that's totally bizarre, if not unprecedented.

I'm an agnostic on the issue of whether or not the Apollo flights were a hoax. I certainly think that's it's possible they were. I would ask the debunkers here that question; do you believe it would be possible for moon flights to be faked?

IMO, no, not really. The effort and technical challenge to fake the landings would have been as great - if not greater - than the landings themselves. The documentation, the science, the moon rocks... it all supports the verisimilitude of the Apollo programme.

I can go into further detail on this if you like.

I'd also ask why they think that Gus Grissom's family believes he was murdered.

That has been discussed extensively in this thread.

There is an interesting video out there, called "Astronauts Gone Wild." This filmmaker (can't recall his name off the top of my head) went around and questioned a bunch of the Apollo astronauts, and his gimmick was to try and get them to swear on the bible that they had gone to the moon. The most interesting part, I thought, was the last astronaut he interviewed (sorry, don't remember his name). This guy kicked him (literally) out of his house and, not realizing the filmmaker had left his microphone on, his grown son was heard to say, "think I should call the CIA and have him whacked?" Seriously, that's exactly what the son said, and he talking only to his father, not trying to make the filmmaker paranoid. It was like something out of a bad movie script.

I would certainly question whether the sound bite of the son is real or not; I would not put it past Mr Sibrel to 'create' material to help support his opinion. Mr Sibrel has stalked various astronauts, used false premises to gain interviews, made veiled threats to the astronauts families, claimed publicly available footage as being 'secret, unreleased' film, and IMO is generally not a very nice person. He lacks any credibility (IMO).

His "fifteen minutes of fame" came when he lured Buzz Aldrin to a meeting at a hotel, claiming to be from a well-known Japanese educational network. When Buzz found out who it was, he turned and walked out, accompanied by his grand-daughter (? IIRC). Mr Sibrel, with his film crew, stalked him out of the building demanding that he swear on the Bible. Mr Sibrel then called him "...a coward, a xxxx, and a thief..." whereupon Buzz finally decided enough was enough and hit him. Mr Sibrel's actions would seem to have been directed towards this very response, because he immediately asked "Did you get that?".

The footage of that incident can be seen here.

Mr Sibrel tried to bring assault charges against Buzz, but the LA prosecutor decline to press charges saying that Buzz had been provoked by Mr Sibrel.

(Edit: Removed reference to Mr Sibrel not showing astronauts who had sworn on the Bible)

Thanks for refreshing my memory about his name. I did see the Aldrin footage, which is part of the video. Yes, you are correct- Sibrel was undoubtedly trying to provoke Aldrin and got what he was looking for. I don't really admire Sibrel's style or tactics, and frankly from what little I know of this issue, he could have concentrated on stronger indications of fakery than the window scene in the capsule. Also, trying to demand that each astronaut swear on the bible was tabloid-like and probably designed to capture the attention of young viewers with its sensationalism. I don't know that Sibrel did fake the audio with the astronaut's son, but it's certainly possible. You would have to acknowlege, however, that if the son actually said that, it provides fodder for some compelling speculation. I thought that the end of the video, which suddenly turns into some sort of attempted music video or something, where Sibrel is being chased by presumably some CIA agents, is a bit ridiculous and doesn't fit in with the rest of the video. All in all, I thought Sibrel did a pretty mediocre job with this subject, which was fascinating in nature (and that was what compelled me to watch it). You have to admire his courage, however, in confronting some powerful and still intimidating men with his charges of fraud. It reminded me of Stuttering John's interviews on the Howard Stern show.

Evan ... The fact that you can even suggest that conspiracy investigator Bart Sibrel altered the audio of his 'Astronauts Gone Wild 'video and that Mitchell's son was not the one who threatened to have Sibrel "waxed" , shows how desperate you really are to defend the myth of Apollo astronots landing on the moon .... Sibrel was clearly threatened and it clearly by Mitchell's son .... "Hey dad , you want me to call the CIA and have him waxed ? "

On this same video we also get to see Alan Bean's complete confusion in not even knowing if his Apollo 12 mission flew high enough to encounter the Van Allen radiation belts or even where the belts are located ... When Sibrel told him where they were , he then claimed that they must have gone right through them .... But he said there were no light flashes in his eyes from the radiation in the belts , where as Gene Cernan , in the same video , said that he did see the radiation light flashes in his eyes while going through the belts .

Cernan, while sweating profusely , also made the claim that the descent engine of the LM was very loud .... where as Bean made the claim that it was completley silent .... So here we have two complete contradictions coming from two men who allegedly went to the moon .. and I doubt it was from not remembering the details of their suppossed moon trips .... If these men really flew to the moon , they wouldn't be telling such opposing stories about it ...Even their body language showed that they were not being truthful.

Tom Baron's verbal report to the committee hearing was only a part of his 500 page written report .... He never had the chance to submit his full written report , containing the damaging evidence against the Apollo Program , because it disappeared from his car when he and his family were killed .

Guest Mark Valenti
Tom Baron's verbal report to the committee hearing was only a part of his 500 page written report .... He never had the chance to submit his full written report , containing the damaging evidence against the Apollo Program , because it disappeared from his car when he and his family were killed .

Duane,

I think there are few people in the world today who are more passionate and devoted enemies of the public pronouncements of NASA than yourself.

In fact, your tireless efforts on behalf of your position would seem to place you in a global leadership position in the moon hoax community. Few others take the time or make the effort that you do. You are extremely forceful in your condemnations.

Do you believe that since you are such a vocal and extremely public voice against the NASA official history that you are in personal danger? Do you believe it's possible that clandestine forces are targeting your life at this time?

No .

If nasa wanted to shut anyone up it wouldn't be just one of thousands who are posting about this subject on internet forums ... It would be guys like Sibrel and Percy they would want silenced .

Plus , the nasa defenders and hoax deniers are so good at what they do , that nasa's dirty little secrets are well protected . :lol:

Nice mockery by the way ... I love sarcasm when it is done with such flare ! B)

Edited by Duane Daman