The Education Forum

Robert L Oswald

I can google my name and find anything I've chosen to put out there because I'M THE ONE WHO'S WRITTEN IT DOWN AND CHOSE TO PUT IT OUT THERE. Relatives and old boyfriends have found me. Why? Because I made myself known and I have nothing to hide. On the other hand, someone such as the people you're trying to track may not want that information thrown around, or a trail etched to their doorway.

"I don't believe Donald Norton was a red herring. Stuff is still going on with him. He owns 2 residences in Avon Park, FL. Both houses are numbered 1006 on different streets. A doctor's office also came up. The address? 1006 W. Pleasant St. So I wanted to see his house like I was riding in his neighborhood. And I posted one or two pictures. I thought someone would find it interesting. Why are we protecting these people as time is running out fast?"

Who cares what he owns in Florida? Especially if he's a paid asset or agent. So, the numbers come up the same on different streets. Well, you can find that on alot of streets, and in alot of towns. Especially if the houses were built in the early part of the twentieth century, and were part and parcel of a block of lots owned by someone who's surname will also appear on a map of the area as the "edition" of so and so's, or "Located in the So and So edition," who originally bought it in say, 1902, and had it subdivided.

If someone was cruising my street and taking pictures of my house, I might just report it to the local authorities. I'd sure be interested to find out if that person was in the real estate business, or not, and perhaps was trying to market my house? Otherwise, why would they be taking the time to shoot photographs of where I lived?

And who's protecting whom from whom? You need incriminating evidence to build a case. Do you actually believe there'll ever be a case brought against Norton, or the Oswald's will somehow be forced to submit blood samples, for what?

Read Prouty, Donald Gibson, Harold Weisberg, Jim Garrison, Lisa Pease and Jim DiEugenio, Lyndon LaRouche and Carroll Quigley. Sterling Seagrave has a real good handle on what's really going down. You need to delve into the "deeper politics" of this case before you go off half-cocked chasing waterfalls. You might just end up getting yourself arrested one of these days.

David Lifton gave me a good tip on researchers when he mentioned that it's one thing to think you know what you're looking for. You can pull the damned archives of NARA apart, but if you don't know how to interpret what you're looking at, you're wasting yours and everybody else's time. And, if you don't know how to interview someone once you've made contact with them, you'll end up blowing your wad for nothing, and risk contaminating the waters for someone else who's more experienced at doing that sort of thing.

Besides, the perps are right under your nose, but so well insulated and so goddamned rich they'll never be hauled in for questioning. They could never make it stick to one of the masterminds, who just recently passed away peacefully, in his old age. If you're going to track down anybody with the real answers, go after G. Gordon Liddy, or Felix Rodriguez. Donald Norton and Robert Oswald are small fish, most likely closer to compartmentalized patsies, and already psy-op'd to answer on que.

"On the same site, I came across a photo of a man who looked like the "yearbook" picture. As his photo was scrolling down, a name appeared under it: Ralph Geb. I wrote it down and didn't think very much of it. I decided to look him up later. When I did, I discovered Ralph Geb was one of the LHO impersonators in Mexico. He, too, had a brother -- in Army Intelligence. Tell me, what are the odds that something like that will happen? I never heard of Ralph Geb."

So what? There were at least 8 LHO impersonators and some of them were running around in Dealey Plaza on 11-22-63, as well. They're called "cut-outs," the scenarios they perform, in the tasks they're assigned, are called "cut-outs." They're diversionary tactics.

BTW, why do you use such gothic, vampiric pseudonyms for your web/blogsite, and e-mail address? Sardonicus? Isn't that the smile of a corpse after the body has reached a stage in the decay process where the lips become pulled back to the ears, exposing the teeth in a hideous smile? In forensic terminology, known as The Sardonicus Smile? Didn't they make a horror movie of the same name, back in the 1950's?

I think the average person would be surprised what's on zabasearch.com about them.

About Donald Norton: John Armstrong (or was it Jack W?) published reams of Donald Norton addresses on another site. These are public records. Why do I have to walk on eggshells regarding Donald Norton? He knew or did something pertaining to the Kennedy Assassination. Big crime, remember?

The numbers 1006 on properties said to be his -- or used by him -- is very suspicious. And weird. These homes are obviously from the latter half of the 20th Century.

There are many incidental things to the Kennedy Assassination. I can't enforce the law, but I can point to something not right.

Nobody is going to arrest me for making a public record public. I have no intention of contacting Robert Oswald nor Donald Norton. Someone suggested a DNA test to me -- in fantasy. It wasn't of my origin.

You make light of me finding a photo of Ralph Geb, whom I never heard of previously. I was on a site looking for Donald Norton info, just following a hunch. As a photo unrolled -- I hadn't seen it yet -- the name beneath said Ralph Geb. I wrote this down. When I saw the picture, I thought he looked like the "yearbook" picture. So I looked up the name and was shocked to find Ralph Geb had impersonated LHO in Mexico. This truly shocked me.

I use the names I do because I love horror films from the '30's - 60's. Mr. Sardonicus was one of my favorites. I have a best friend from my home state who appreciated things about these movies too and that formed the basis of our friendship. Only if you've grown up watching Dracula (1932) or Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein on the Million Dollar Movie in the NY area of the '60's, over and over, night after night, can you begin to understand.

"Zacherly here,"

Kathy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I haven't posted in a while, so I don't think any of you know me, but I live in Wichita Falls, about two miles down from the Antigua St address listed here. As far as I know, he has lived at THAT address for many years. I have phone books from the last couple of years that list him at that address. I have been by there a few times, and even sent him a letter once........no response of course. The Antigua St house is on a cul de sac, and everytime I've been by there, there is really no sign of life. No cars, no lights, no people. Kinda strange. Anyways, I had heard that he was moving, and I found out that the house was on the market. That's as far as I know. Not sure if it sold, and if so, where he moved to. So I guess I'm the official "stalker" now? I know most people here would be curious enough to drive by every now and then, am I wrong?

You're not wrong and you're honest. If a newspaper did a story on Donald Norton, they'd probably show his picture and/or his home. It's public and he's connected to the Assassination. He supposedly, in front of Bill Kelly (who has curious feelings toward Norton) had Mae Brussels, a highly-esteemed radio CT, identify him as "Lee Oswald" almost 40 years ago. And we're just supposed to let that go. I am not invading Norton's privacy. I merely posted public records, as he has notoriety in the matter of this Forum. Remember he's alive and Kennedy is dead.

Greg, are the numbers on those homes really 1006? Odd coincidence.

Kathy

[quote name='Kathleen Collins' post='94456' date='Feb 18 2007, 06:32 PM'

Kathy: Do you know who is instigating this? Has one or both of Marina's daughters requested this or consented to this?

Kathy: Thanks for the response. What about Rachel and June Lee? Has either of them been approached about this project and do they consent?

PS most people call me Ray.

I first heard of the relevance of a DNA test between Robert Oswald and June or Rachel Oswald (not their name) when a major member of the Kennedy community told me about it. I was under the idea that many in the community would have liked this DNA test. As far as I know, no one is attempting to do this. But it would be great if it could be done.

Gary Mack wrote to me and feels that if a DNA test could be performed between these individuals, no one would believe the outcome and we'd be arguing the results and the way they came about for eternity.

I don't know how to get in touch with those women. I wonder what their reaction would be. I've read in the past that those 2 girls had very unhappy childhoods because they were made fun of and ostracized in school. In their looks they resembled Harvey because they had very dark hair. But I wouldn't know either of them if I fell over them in the street.

Kathy

• 3 years later...

Having reread Robert Oswald's book Lee - A Portrait, I think he has been pretty square and open about everything with everybody.

Although he says he can accept that his kid brother killed the President and Tippit, he is very critical of the Dallas PD, the Dallas DA and the FBI, and is very suspicious of Ruth and Michael Paine, and rightly so.

He says that he thought he could have gotten closer to the truth, especially in regards to motive, if the Dallas cops would have let him talk to him longer, when Oswald denied killing the President or Tippitt and said, "Don't believe the so-called evidence."

Without mentioning the official encounter with Baker and Truly, Robert Oswald accepts the evidence and eyewitnesses, but he has issues with the way the investigaiton was conducted, and questions how the rifle could have done the job, and the idea that the shots were acomplished without the benefit of either much practice or any experience with scopes. Having actually taught his yonger brother to shoot, and having gone hunting with him on numerous occassions, Robert was confident that his brother couldn't have known at what distance the scope was adjusted for, or had ever shot the rifle using the scope, so he wouldn't know its recoil and would give him a black eye.

The only known occassion would be the pot shot at Walker. Robert also makes note that Oswald is said to have taken the rifle out to get Walker on April 7, a few days before the April 10th attempt.

I think Robert Oswald would like to know the truth as much as anyone.

BK

• 2 months later...

Robert Oswald:

(p.58)

…After these preliminary reports had been assembled, theywere sent to the chief psychiatrist at Youth House, Dr. Renatus Hartogs, whostudied them and then interviewed Lee. Some of Dr. Hartogs’ comments have beenwidely quoted in newspapers and magazines, making it seem that he considerd Leepotentially dangerous when he was thirteen years old. In his book about Lee andJack Ruby, The Two Assassins, published in 1965, Dr. Hartogs says that herealized at once that Lee was “choked with silent rage.

Dr. Hartogs wrote in 1953: “Lee has vivid fantasy life,turning around topics omnipotence and power, through which he tries tocompensate for his present shortcomings and frustrations. He did not enjoybeing together with other children and when we asked him whether he prefers thecompany of boys to that of girls, he answered – ‘I dislike everybody.’ Hisoccupational goal is to join the Army.”

If Dr. Hartogs considered Lee dangerous when he wrote hisreport, that feeling does not come through to me when I read thepsychoiatrist’s words…… ‘Strongly resistive and negativistic features were thusnoticed – but psychotic mental content was denied and no indication ofpsychotic mental changes was arrived at.’…. Actually the psychiatrist found him‘a youngster with superior mental endowment functioning presently on the brightnormal range of mental efficiency.’…. (p. 59)

For the few weeksleft in the school year, Lee seems to have been a model pupil….He even joined amodel airplane club….<br style="mso-special-character:line-break"><br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

That summer, I went to New York on leave to visit Mother,Lee, and John Pic’s family. In July, I completed my course at the AviationMetalsmith School in Millington, Tennessee, and was given a ten day leavebefore reporting to the Marine Base at Opa Locka, Florida, near Miami. I droveto New York with four or five other Marines on leave.

They let me off on the New Jersey side of the GeorgeWashington Bridge and I hailed a taxi to take me to the address mother hadgiven me – 825 East 179th Street in the Bronx.

It had been a full year since I had left Mother and Lee inFort Worth and we had a lot of catching up to do. They seemed really glad tosee me, and I was glad to be with them again. It promised to be a happyreunion.

Lee told me, right away, that the Bronx Zoo was just a blockor two away from the apartment and he wanted to show it to me. Lee always lovedanimals and he said he spent a lot of time at the zoo. On the first morning ofmy leave, he took me over as soon as the gates opened and we explored the zoofo rat least half the day. Then he wanted to show me Times Square area.

As we traveled downtown on the subway, Lee gave me adetailed explanation of the subway system and named a long list of place Ishould see. I could tell that he knew his way around the city and told him Iwould just let him plan the itinerary. He would be my guide.

Mother was working, at the time, in a women’s shop in theEmpire State Building, on the street floor. When we came out of the subway atTimes Square, Lee headed straight for the Empire State Building. We went in tosee Mother for a few minutes, then took the elevator to the top of the buildingwhere Lee guided my over-al view of his city. He began to map my tour, fromWall Street to the Museum of Natural History….

Before I had time to wonder very much, my leave was over andI had to head for Florida. When Lee took me to the bus station I told him howmuch I had enjoyed the sight-seeing and thanked him for showing me around. Heseemed to me a normal, healthy, happy thirteen-year-old boy who was enjoyinghimself.

During the summer Mother looked around for anotherapartment, so Lee could make a fresh start in a new school in the fall. On September14, 1953, ten days before his parole was to end, Lee entered the eighth gradeat P.S. 44 on Columbus Avenue at 76th Street…

“….Mother and Leewere back in New Orleans. They arrived January 10 and went directly to AuntLillian Murret’s house at 757 French Street. Within days Lee was registered inthe eighth grade at Beauregard Junior High School. Here, he felt no need toplay hooky. In New York, meanwhile, the court dismissed Lee’s case. (p. 66)

Soon after their return to New Orleans, Mother and Lee movedto an apartment on St. Mary’s Street,... (that) belonged to Myrtle Evans, whohad known Mother since girlhood and had once visited us in Texas. The Evanslived in one of the four apartments in the building, so they saw Lee every day.Mr. Evans said that Lee was often rude to Mother...Mrs. Evans seemed to thinkthat Mother spoiled him by hopping up immediately and going to take care ofhim.

In the spring of 1955, Mother had a quarrel with Mrs. Evansand moved again, this time to an apartment on Exchange Place in the FrenchQuarter....

People who knew Lee at this time – his schoolmates,relatives and neighbors – remember him as a quiet, solitary boy who read a lot,visited museums and the public library, wandered along the waterfront lookingat foreign ships, and bicycled alone in City Pak on Saturdays. While Mrs. Evansrecalled his rudeness to Mother, others were impressed with hispoliteness...Several classmates recalled Lee’s characteristically erectposture… Another schoolmate, Frederick O’Sullivan, said that he asked Lee tojoin the Civil Air Patrol because he admired Lee’s military carriage andthought he would look good in uniform.

Aunt Lillian said that Lee had a girl friend at school andused to talk to her on the telephone a lot…Lee’s friend Edward Voebel said Leewas shy about girls…No one ever saw Lee pick a fight, but anyone who picked onhis was in for a real scrap. Lee believed in self-defense, as John and I did.All three of us always made it a policy never to start a fight – but never to runaway from one, either… Another schoolmate, Frederick O’Sullivan, spoke to Leeabout joining the Civil Air Patrol and included Voebel in the invitation. Theboys went out to New Orleans International Airport together to see what the CAPunit was doing. At that time, the leader of the unit may have been an EasternAirlines pilot named David Ferrie. O’Sullivan remembered the leader as “CaptainFerrie.” Voebel said he thought Captain Ferrie was in charge.

Lee bought a CAP uniform and attended several meetings, thenlost interest. O’Sullivan said he stopped coming to meetings after a fewweeks….

Looking back to 1954, trying to find out as much as possibleabout what happened to Lee that year – what influenced his thinking – I can’thelp but speculating. It is only a guess, but in view of later developmentsinvolving David Ferrie in 1967 and his dramatic death, I can’t help wonderingif it might have been Ferrie who introduced Lee to Communist ideas.

I realize that I have nothing solid on which to base such speculation,except the timing. In 1954, Lee joined a Civil Air Patrol group, which may ormay not have been led by David Ferrie. In 1954, Lee began borrowing books onMarxism from the public library. Was it just a coincidence?

In September 1955, Lee started the tenth grade at WarrenEaston High School. He used to go to Aunt Lillian’s for dinner every Friday, soshe got to know him about as well as anyone did at that time. She said he likedseafood and he knew that she always cooked fish on Fridays.

She also recalled that Lee was interested in baseball thatyear, but lost interest when he didn’t become a star player….didn’t like to siton the bench…

On October 7, 1955, Lee dropped out of school and tried tojoin the Marines, just after his sixteenth birthday, October 18….but theauthorities told him to wait another year.

In November he went to work as a messenger and office boy for a shippingcompany, Gerald F. Tujaque, Inc. He only made about $130 a month, but it musthave seemed like a lot of money to him, since it was his first full-time job.Mother said he was generous with his money….

After he left Trujaque’s, Lee took another job for a veryshort while, then went to work as a messenger for Pfister Dental Laboratory onDauphine Street. There he met Palmer McBride, another messenger, who said thatLee suggested to him that the two of them join the Communist Part “to takeadvantage of the social functions.”….

Lee’s interest in Communism was also remembered by WilliamE. Wulf, who was president of the New Orleans Amateur Astronomy Association inthe spring of 1956 when Lee attended some meetings with Palmer McBride.

Wulf said that Lee “came out with a statement that he waslooking for a Communist cell in town to join but he couldn’t find any. He was alittle dismayed at this, and he said that he couldn’t find any that would showany interest in him as a Communist.”

As soon as school was out in New Orleans, Mother and Leemoved to Fort Worth. In September Lee enrolled once more in the tenth grade –this time at Arlington Heights High School….Lee turned seventeen and was readyto enlist in the Marine Corps…He said he thought he would be able to finish hiseducation in the service….So Lee enlisted. On the morning of October 24 heboarded a bus to travel the thirty miles to Dallas, to take his physical examand be sworn in. Then he flew to San Diego.

(p. 79)

• 2 weeks later...

Robert Oswald:

(p.58)

…After these preliminary reports had been assembled, theywere sent to the chief psychiatrist at Youth House, Dr. Renatus Hartogs, whostudied them and then interviewed Lee. Some of Dr. Hartogs’ comments have beenwidely quoted in newspapers and magazines, making it seem that he considerd Leepotentially dangerous when he was thirteen years old. In his book about Lee andJack Ruby, The Two Assassins, published in 1965, Dr. Hartogs says that herealized at once that Lee was “choked with silent rage.

Dr. Hartogs wrote in 1953: “Lee has vivid fantasy life,turning around topics omnipotence and power, through which he tries tocompensate for his present shortcomings and frustrations. He did not enjoybeing together with other children and when we asked him whether he prefers thecompany of boys to that of girls, he answered – ‘I dislike everybody.’ Hisoccupational goal is to join the Army.”

If Dr. Hartogs considered Lee dangerous when he wrote hisreport, that feeling does not come through to me when I read thepsychoiatrist’s words…… ‘Strongly resistive and negativistic features were thusnoticed – but psychotic mental content was denied and no indication ofpsychotic mental changes was arrived at.’…. Actually the psychiatrist found him‘a youngster with superior mental endowment functioning presently on the brightnormal range of mental efficiency.’…. (p. 59)

For the few weeksleft in the school year, Lee seems to have been a model pupil….He even joined amodel airplane club….<br style="mso-special-character:line-break"><br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

That summer, I went to New York on leave to visit Mother,Lee, and John Pic’s family. In July, I completed my course at the AviationMetalsmith School in Millington, Tennessee, and was given a ten day leavebefore reporting to the Marine Base at Opa Locka, Florida, near Miami. I droveto New York with four or five other Marines on leave.

They let me off on the New Jersey side of the GeorgeWashington Bridge and I hailed a taxi to take me to the address mother hadgiven me – 825 East 179th Street in the Bronx.

It had been a full year since I had left Mother and Lee inFort Worth and we had a lot of catching up to do. They seemed really glad tosee me, and I was glad to be with them again. It promised to be a happyreunion.

Lee told me, right away, that the Bronx Zoo was just a blockor two away from the apartment and he wanted to show it to me. Lee always lovedanimals and he said he spent a lot of time at the zoo. On the first morning ofmy leave, he took me over as soon as the gates opened and we explored the zoofo rat least half the day. Then he wanted to show me Times Square area.

As we traveled downtown on the subway, Lee gave me adetailed explanation of the subway system and named a long list of place Ishould see. I could tell that he knew his way around the city and told him Iwould just let him plan the itinerary. He would be my guide.

Mother was working, at the time, in a women’s shop in theEmpire State Building, on the street floor. When we came out of the subway atTimes Square, Lee headed straight for the Empire State Building. We went in tosee Mother for a few minutes, then took the elevator to the top of the buildingwhere Lee guided my over-al view of his city. He began to map my tour, fromWall Street to the Museum of Natural History….

Before I had time to wonder very much, my leave was over andI had to head for Florida. When Lee took me to the bus station I told him howmuch I had enjoyed the sight-seeing and thanked him for showing me around. Heseemed to me a normal, healthy, happy thirteen-year-old boy who was enjoyinghimself.

During the summer Mother looked around for anotherapartment, so Lee could make a fresh start in a new school in the fall. On September14, 1953, ten days before his parole was to end, Lee entered the eighth gradeat P.S. 44 on Columbus Avenue at 76th Street…

“….Mother and Leewere back in New Orleans. They arrived January 10 and went directly to AuntLillian Murret’s house at 757 French Street. Within days Lee was registered inthe eighth grade at Beauregard Junior High School. Here, he felt no need toplay hooky. In New York, meanwhile, the court dismissed Lee’s case. (p. 66)

Soon after their return to New Orleans, Mother and Lee movedto an apartment on St. Mary’s Street,... (that) belonged to Myrtle Evans, whohad known Mother since girlhood and had once visited us in Texas. The Evanslived in one of the four apartments in the building, so they saw Lee every day.Mr. Evans said that Lee was often rude to Mother...Mrs. Evans seemed to thinkthat Mother spoiled him by hopping up immediately and going to take care ofhim.

In the spring of 1955, Mother had a quarrel with Mrs. Evansand moved again, this time to an apartment on Exchange Place in the FrenchQuarter....

People who knew Lee at this time – his schoolmates,relatives and neighbors – remember him as a quiet, solitary boy who read a lot,visited museums and the public library, wandered along the waterfront lookingat foreign ships, and bicycled alone in City Pak on Saturdays. While Mrs. Evansrecalled his rudeness to Mother, others were impressed with hispoliteness...Several classmates recalled Lee’s characteristically erectposture… Another schoolmate, Frederick O’Sullivan, said that he asked Lee tojoin the Civil Air Patrol because he admired Lee’s military carriage andthought he would look good in uniform.

Aunt Lillian said that Lee had a girl friend at school andused to talk to her on the telephone a lot…Lee’s friend Edward Voebel said Leewas shy about girls…No one ever saw Lee pick a fight, but anyone who picked onhis was in for a real scrap. Lee believed in self-defense, as John and I did.All three of us always made it a policy never to start a fight – but never to runaway from one, either… Another schoolmate, Frederick O’Sullivan, spoke to Leeabout joining the Civil Air Patrol and included Voebel in the invitation. Theboys went out to New Orleans International Airport together to see what the CAPunit was doing. At that time, the leader of the unit may have been an EasternAirlines pilot named David Ferrie. O’Sullivan remembered the leader as “CaptainFerrie.” Voebel said he thought Captain Ferrie was in charge.

Lee bought a CAP uniform and attended several meetings, thenlost interest. O’Sullivan said he stopped coming to meetings after a fewweeks….

Looking back to 1954, trying to find out as much as possibleabout what happened to Lee that year – what influenced his thinking – I can’thelp but speculating. It is only a guess, but in view of later developmentsinvolving David Ferrie in 1967 and his dramatic death, I can’t help wonderingif it might have been Ferrie who introduced Lee to Communist ideas.

I realize that I have nothing solid on which to base such speculation,except the timing. In 1954, Lee joined a Civil Air Patrol group, which may ormay not have been led by David Ferrie. In 1954, Lee began borrowing books onMarxism from the public library. Was it just a coincidence?

In September 1955, Lee started the tenth grade at WarrenEaston High School. He used to go to Aunt Lillian’s for dinner every Friday, soshe got to know him about as well as anyone did at that time. She said he likedseafood and he knew that she always cooked fish on Fridays.

She also recalled that Lee was interested in baseball thatyear, but lost interest when he didn’t become a star player….didn’t like to siton the bench…

On October 7, 1955, Lee dropped out of school and tried tojoin the Marines, just after his sixteenth birthday, October 18….but theauthorities told him to wait another year.

In November he went to work as a messenger and office boy for a shippingcompany, Gerald F. Tujaque, Inc. He only made about $130 a month, but it musthave seemed like a lot of money to him, since it was his first full-time job.Mother said he was generous with his money….

After he left Trujaque’s, Lee took another job for a veryshort while, then went to work as a messenger for Pfister Dental Laboratory onDauphine Street. There he met Palmer McBride, another messenger, who said thatLee suggested to him that the two of them join the Communist Part “to takeadvantage of the social functions.”….

Lee’s interest in Communism was also remembered by WilliamE. Wulf, who was president of the New Orleans Amateur Astronomy Association inthe spring of 1956 when Lee attended some meetings with Palmer McBride.

Wulf said that Lee “came out with a statement that he waslooking for a Communist cell in town to join but he couldn’t find any. He was alittle dismayed at this, and he said that he couldn’t find any that would showany interest in him as a Communist.”

As soon as school was out in New Orleans, Mother and Leemoved to Fort Worth. In September Lee enrolled once more in the tenth grade –this time at Arlington Heights High School….Lee turned seventeen and was readyto enlist in the Marine Corps…He said he thought he would be able to finish hiseducation in the service….So Lee enlisted. On the morning of October 24 heboarded a bus to travel the thirty miles to Dallas, to take his physical examand be sworn in. Then he flew to San Diego.

(p. 79)

It reads like Harvey and Lee. I can't believe you've fallen for Robert's version. I don't even believe Oswald (shot by Ruby) and Robert were brothers. If Robert is so righteous why doesn't he submit his own DNA to be compared to Oswald's daughters? And I wonder what the 2 girls have to say about their "Uncle Robert"?

Robert Oswald is full of it in my opinion.

Kathy C

Robert Oswald:

(p.58)

…After these preliminary reports had been assembled, theywere sent to the chief psychiatrist at Youth House, Dr. Renatus Hartogs, whostudied them and then interviewed Lee. Some of Dr. Hartogs' comments have beenwidely quoted in newspapers and magazines, making it seem that he considerd Leepotentially dangerous when he was thirteen years old. In his book about Lee andJack Ruby, The Two Assassins, published in 1965, Dr. Hartogs says that herealized at once that Lee was "choked with silent rage.

Dr. Hartogs wrote in 1953: "Lee has vivid fantasy life,turning around topics omnipotence and power, through which he tries tocompensate for his present shortcomings and frustrations. He did not enjoybeing together with other children and when we asked him whether he prefers thecompany of boys to that of girls, he answered – 'I dislike everybody.' Hisoccupational goal is to join the Army."

If Dr. Hartogs considered Lee dangerous when he wrote hisreport, that feeling does not come through to me when I read thepsychoiatrist's words…… 'Strongly resistive and negativistic features were thusnoticed – but psychotic mental content was denied and no indication ofpsychotic mental changes was arrived at.'…. Actually the psychiatrist found him'a youngster with superior mental endowment functioning presently on the brightnormal range of mental efficiency.'…. (p. 59)

That summer, I went to New York on leave to visit Mother,Lee, and John Pic's family. In July, I completed my course at the AviationMetalsmith School in Millington, Tennessee, and was given a ten day leavebefore reporting to the Marine Base at Opa Locka, Florida, near Miami. I droveto New York with four or five other Marines on leave.

Mother was working, at the time, in a women's shop in theEmpire State Building, on the street floor. When we came out of the subway atTimes Square, Lee headed straight for the Empire State Building. We went in tosee Mother for a few minutes, then took the elevator to the top of the buildingwhere Lee guided my over-al view of his city. He began to map my tour, fromWall Street to the Museum of Natural History….

"….Mother and Leewere back in New Orleans. They arrived January 10 and went directly to AuntLillian Murret's house at 757 French Street. Within days Lee was registered inthe eighth grade at Beauregard Junior High School. Here, he felt no need toplay hooky. In New York, meanwhile, the court dismissed Lee's case. (p. 66)

Soon after their return to New Orleans, Mother and Lee movedto an apartment on St. Mary's Street,... (that) belonged to Myrtle Evans, whohad known Mother since girlhood and had once visited us in Texas. The Evanslived in one of the four apartments in the building, so they saw Lee every day.Mr. Evans said that Lee was often rude to Mother...Mrs. Evans seemed to thinkthat Mother spoiled him by hopping up immediately and going to take care ofhim.

People who knew Lee at this time – his schoolmates,relatives and neighbors – remember him as a quiet, solitary boy who read a lot,visited museums and the public library, wandered along the waterfront lookingat foreign ships, and bicycled alone in City Pak on Saturdays. While Mrs. Evansrecalled his rudeness to Mother, others were impressed with hispoliteness...Several classmates recalled Lee's characteristically erectposture… Another schoolmate, Frederick O'Sullivan, said that he asked Lee tojoin the Civil Air Patrol because he admired Lee's military carriage andthought he would look good in uniform.

Aunt Lillian said that Lee had a girl friend at school andused to talk to her on the telephone a lot…Lee's friend Edward Voebel said Leewas shy about girls…No one ever saw Lee pick a fight, but anyone who picked onhis was in for a real scrap. Lee believed in self-defense, as John and I did.All three of us always made it a policy never to start a fight – but never to runaway from one, either… Another schoolmate, Frederick O'Sullivan, spoke to Leeabout joining the Civil Air Patrol and included Voebel in the invitation. Theboys went out to New Orleans International Airport together to see what the CAPunit was doing. At that time, the leader of the unit may have been an EasternAirlines pilot named David Ferrie. O'Sullivan remembered the leader as "CaptainFerrie." Voebel said he thought Captain Ferrie was in charge.

Lee bought a CAP uniform and attended several meetings, thenlost interest. O'Sullivan said he stopped coming to meetings after a fewweeks….

Looking back to 1954, trying to find out as much as possibleabout what happened to Lee that year – what influenced his thinking – I can'thelp but speculating. It is only a guess, but in view of later developmentsinvolving David Ferrie in 1967 and his dramatic death, I can't help wonderingif it might have been Ferrie who introduced Lee to Communist ideas.

In September 1955, Lee started the tenth grade at WarrenEaston High School. He used to go to Aunt Lillian's for dinner every Friday, soshe got to know him about as well as anyone did at that time. She said he likedseafood and he knew that she always cooked fish on Fridays.

She also recalled that Lee was interested in baseball thatyear, but lost interest when he didn't become a star player….didn't like to siton the bench…

After he left Trujaque's, Lee took another job for a veryshort while, then went to work as a messenger for Pfister Dental Laboratory onDauphine Street. There he met Palmer McBride, another messenger, who said thatLee suggested to him that the two of them join the Communist Part "to takeadvantage of the social functions."….

Lee's interest in Communism was also remembered by WilliamE. Wulf, who was president of the New Orleans Amateur Astronomy Association inthe spring of 1956 when Lee attended some meetings with Palmer McBride.

Wulf said that Lee "came out with a statement that he waslooking for a Communist cell in town to join but he couldn't find any. He was alittle dismayed at this, and he said that he couldn't find any that would showany interest in him as a Communist."

(p. 79)

It reads like Harvey and Lee. I can't believe you've fallen for Robert's version. I don't even believe Oswald (shot by Ruby) and Robert were brothers. If Robert is so righteous why doesn't he submit his own DNA to be compared to Oswald's daughters? And I wonder what the 2 girls have to say about their "Uncle Robert"?

Kathy C

Hi Kathy,

I think Robert Oswald tried, and is probably still trying to figure it all out himself.

Have you read his book? I think it's really interesting and important, whether you believe Oswald is the Assassin or a Patsy.

Robert's book is very open and honest and he answers a lot of questions, including the dismissal of the idea that Oswald was crazy.

Nor did he he have any indication that his kid brother was interested in communism.

The New York City Sirendipidty is very telling, in my opinion, and gives interesting insight into Oswald's life in the Big City.

It also shows how pretty normal he really was, and not the psychotic homicidal maniac he is supposed to be.

Robert has nothing to hide or to prove to you or me or anybody else. But he is an important witness to Oswald's pre-USMC life.

BK

Robert Oswald:

(p.58)

…After these preliminary reports had been assembled, theywere sent to the chief psychiatrist at Youth House, Dr. Renatus Hartogs, whostudied them and then interviewed Lee. Some of Dr. Hartogs' comments have beenwidely quoted in newspapers and magazines, making it seem that he considerd Leepotentially dangerous when he was thirteen years old. In his book about Lee andJack Ruby, The Two Assassins, published in 1965, Dr. Hartogs says that herealized at once that Lee was "choked with silent rage.

Dr. Hartogs wrote in 1953: "Lee has vivid fantasy life,turning around topics omnipotence and power, through which he tries tocompensate for his present shortcomings and frustrations. He did not enjoybeing together with other children and when we asked him whether he prefers thecompany of boys to that of girls, he answered – 'I dislike everybody.' Hisoccupational goal is to join the Army."

If Dr. Hartogs considered Lee dangerous when he wrote hisreport, that feeling does not come through to me when I read thepsychoiatrist's words…… 'Strongly resistive and negativistic features were thusnoticed – but psychotic mental content was denied and no indication ofpsychotic mental changes was arrived at.'…. Actually the psychiatrist found him'a youngster with superior mental endowment functioning presently on the brightnormal range of mental efficiency.'…. (p. 59)

That summer, I went to New York on leave to visit Mother,Lee, and John Pic's family. In July, I completed my course at the AviationMetalsmith School in Millington, Tennessee, and was given a ten day leavebefore reporting to the Marine Base at Opa Locka, Florida, near Miami. I droveto New York with four or five other Marines on leave.

Mother was working, at the time, in a women's shop in theEmpire State Building, on the street floor. When we came out of the subway atTimes Square, Lee headed straight for the Empire State Building. We went in tosee Mother for a few minutes, then took the elevator to the top of the buildingwhere Lee guided my over-al view of his city. He began to map my tour, fromWall Street to the Museum of Natural History….

"….Mother and Leewere back in New Orleans. They arrived January 10 and went directly to AuntLillian Murret's house at 757 French Street. Within days Lee was registered inthe eighth grade at Beauregard Junior High School. Here, he felt no need toplay hooky. In New York, meanwhile, the court dismissed Lee's case. (p. 66)

Soon after their return to New Orleans, Mother and Lee movedto an apartment on St. Mary's Street,... (that) belonged to Myrtle Evans, whohad known Mother since girlhood and had once visited us in Texas. The Evanslived in one of the four apartments in the building, so they saw Lee every day.Mr. Evans said that Lee was often rude to Mother...Mrs. Evans seemed to thinkthat Mother spoiled him by hopping up immediately and going to take care ofhim.

People who knew Lee at this time – his schoolmates,relatives and neighbors – remember him as a quiet, solitary boy who read a lot,visited museums and the public library, wandered along the waterfront lookingat foreign ships, and bicycled alone in City Pak on Saturdays. While Mrs. Evansrecalled his rudeness to Mother, others were impressed with hispoliteness...Several classmates recalled Lee's characteristically erectposture… Another schoolmate, Frederick O'Sullivan, said that he asked Lee tojoin the Civil Air Patrol because he admired Lee's military carriage andthought he would look good in uniform.

Aunt Lillian said that Lee had a girl friend at school andused to talk to her on the telephone a lot…Lee's friend Edward Voebel said Leewas shy about girls…No one ever saw Lee pick a fight, but anyone who picked onhis was in for a real scrap. Lee believed in self-defense, as John and I did.All three of us always made it a policy never to start a fight – but never to runaway from one, either… Another schoolmate, Frederick O'Sullivan, spoke to Leeabout joining the Civil Air Patrol and included Voebel in the invitation. Theboys went out to New Orleans International Airport together to see what the CAPunit was doing. At that time, the leader of the unit may have been an EasternAirlines pilot named David Ferrie. O'Sullivan remembered the leader as "CaptainFerrie." Voebel said he thought Captain Ferrie was in charge.

Lee bought a CAP uniform and attended several meetings, thenlost interest. O'Sullivan said he stopped coming to meetings after a fewweeks….

Looking back to 1954, trying to find out as much as possibleabout what happened to Lee that year – what influenced his thinking – I can'thelp but speculating. It is only a guess, but in view of later developmentsinvolving David Ferrie in 1967 and his dramatic death, I can't help wonderingif it might have been Ferrie who introduced Lee to Communist ideas.

In September 1955, Lee started the tenth grade at WarrenEaston High School. He used to go to Aunt Lillian's for dinner every Friday, soshe got to know him about as well as anyone did at that time. She said he likedseafood and he knew that she always cooked fish on Fridays.

She also recalled that Lee was interested in baseball thatyear, but lost interest when he didn't become a star player….didn't like to siton the bench…

After he left Trujaque's, Lee took another job for a veryshort while, then went to work as a messenger for Pfister Dental Laboratory onDauphine Street. There he met Palmer McBride, another messenger, who said thatLee suggested to him that the two of them join the Communist Part "to takeadvantage of the social functions."….

Lee's interest in Communism was also remembered by WilliamE. Wulf, who was president of the New Orleans Amateur Astronomy Association inthe spring of 1956 when Lee attended some meetings with Palmer McBride.

Wulf said that Lee "came out with a statement that he waslooking for a Communist cell in town to join but he couldn't find any. He was alittle dismayed at this, and he said that he couldn't find any that would showany interest in him as a Communist."

(p. 79)

Kathy C