The Education Forum

Hat Badge Man @ Love Field

Ed LeDoux

Ed,
Is this the same uniform cap as seen in DP?

post-5641-1172065951_thumb.jpg

post-5641-1172066562_thumb.jpg

It was my understanding that the white caps belonged to officers in the Traffic Division.

The difference I see in the picture below is the color of the bill - white vs black.

Perhaps the black bill was used by sergeants and above, or maybe had something to do with Love Field security.

Steve Thomas

post-669-1179766276_thumb.jpg

The following link lists the 56 Dallas Police Officers who comprised the Dallas Police Department’s contingent assigned to Love Field.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=39

If the individual in question is a Sgt., a candidate would be Sgt. O. A. Heifner, there appears to be little mention of him in the Warren Commission Documents, and subsequent investigations.

Ed,
Is this the same uniform cap as seen in DP?

post-5641-1172065951_thumb.jpg

post-5641-1172066562_thumb.jpg

It was my understanding that the white caps belonged to officers in the Traffic Division.

The difference I see in the picture below is the color of the bill - white vs black.

Perhaps the black bill was used by sergeants and above, or maybe had something to do with Love Field security.

Steve Thomas

post-669-1179766276_thumb.jpg

[/quote

FWIW-My thoughts have been [through visuals and such] most police depts. of that era used white hats. Using differnet colored bills were used, I suppose for divisions as mentioned. But from what I have noticed,

airline pilots, state troppers, and military, seemed to use solid matching colored hats. The white hats, as mentioned, were used by local police depts, county depts, etc...... of that era. when this changed, I dont know. Just my opinion, FWIW -smitty