The Education Forum

Is This The Same Man In All Three Photographs

Guest Duncan MacRae

Nor am I convinced the man in the hat is Braden or it's even the same man in Duncan's other photos. (Bill Kelly)

I'm with you here, Bill.

Braden wrote a passionate letter to Frank Church demanding that he investigate the allegations against him. In the case of the JFK assassination, Braden cites his parole officer Roger Carroll and his secretary as witnesses to his whereabouts at the time of the shooting.

As to the guy in Dealey Plaza with the shades and hat, he does bear a resemblance to Dennis Harber and given his connections to the likes of Bernardo De Torres, General Walker, Robert Emmett Johnson, Interpen and Johnnie Abbes Garcia, one might consider him worthy of further research.

James

James:

I admire your photo collection, especially your work with "Familiar Faces". You seem very well informed and insightful, knowledgable of the black ops game. I'm interested in your opinion of Howard Hunt. I've posed this question to Larry Hancock also. Hunt seems up to his ears in this entire intrigue, yet he doesn't come across strongly as a "player" or operative... more the propaganda type, a la Mockingbird. But there is that photo ('central casting') of a trench coat spook crossing the street right after the excitement. Given his recent passing and book, I'd like your input on Hunt's involvement and/or role.

Regards-- Gene Kelly

James:

I admire your photo collection, especially your work with "Familiar Faces". You seem very well informed and insightful, knowledgable of the black ops game. I'm interested in your opinion of Howard Hunt. I've posed this question to Larry Hancock also. Hunt seems up to his ears in this entire intrigue, yet he doesn't come across strongly as a "player" or operative... more the propaganda type, a la Mockingbird. But there is that photo ('central casting') of a trench coat spook crossing the street right after the excitement. Given his recent passing and book, I'd like your input on Hunt's involvement and/or role.

Regards-- Gene Kelly

Gene,

Thank you for the kind words.

The jury is still out for me on Hunt. I just can't see him as any kind of field operative and there is no way Morales would have him in on any kind of inner circle.

Hunt however was in a position to hear conspiracy chatter and being close to Artime, may have crossed paths with one or more Dealey Plaza participants.

I do believe that several operations were activated that day in Dallas (not all connected to the assassination) and maybe Hunt was a part of that. In the weeks leading up to the 22nd, there was much activity in the covert world (Agency, Organized Crime, anti-Castro, etc). Personnel were being moved around, sent on runs to Cuba, gun running, transporting supplies, flights going all over the place, cars being driven between cities and I submit that the Dealey Plaza teams were splintered off this activity at the last moment.

After the assassination, one would be justified in thinking that Hunt was able to put two and two together.

Cheers,

James