The Education Forum

Brothers: The Hidden History of the Kennedy Years by David Talbot

John Simkin

Brothers: The Hidden History of the Kennedy Years by David Talbot could be the most important book published so far on the assassination (due out in June):

This is how the publisher, Simon & Schuster, describes the book:

Robert F. Kennedy was the first conspiracy theorist about his brother's murder. In this astonishingly compelling and convincing new account of the Kennedy years, acclaimed journalist David Talbot tells in a riveting, superbly researched narrative why, even on 22 November 1963, RFK had reason to believe that dark forces were at work in Dallas and reveals, for the first time, that he planned to open an investigation into the assassination had he become president in 1968. BROTHERS also portrays a JFK administration more besieged by internal enemies than has previously been realised, from within the Pentagon, the CIA, the FBI and the mafia. This frightening portrait of sinister elements within and without the government serves as the background for the emotionally charged journey of Robert Kennedy. Reading it, you can absolutely believe any number of people would have been happy for both brothers to meet a sticky end. The tragedy, not just for America but for the world, is that since their murders no one has had the nerve to stand against the dark forces they challenged in quite the same way.

The New Yorker magazine will be carrying an article by David Talbot and Jeff Morley on the assassination.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brothers-Hidden-Hi...TF8&s=books

"David Talbot is founder, chairman and editor-in-chief of Salon.com, an award-winning site he launched in November 1995. Before Salon, Talbot was the arts and features editor at the San Francisco Examiner, and a former senior editor at Mother Jones magazine. Talbot has written for The New Yorker, Rolling Stone, Interview and Playboy. He is the co-author of "Burning Desires: Sex in America." He is married to journalist Camille Peri. They have two sons and live in San Francisco. Salon.com has won numerous awards, including the Online Journalism Association's award for general excellence and investigative reporting in December 2000. "

"David Talbot is founder, chairman and editor-in-chief of Salon.com, an award-winning site he launched in November 1995. Before Salon, Talbot was the arts and features editor at the San Francisco Examiner, and a former senior editor at Mother Jones magazine. Talbot has written for The New Yorker, Rolling Stone, Interview and Playboy. He is the co-author of "Burning Desires: Sex in America." He is married to journalist Camille Peri. They have two sons and live in San Francisco. Salon.com has won numerous awards, including the Online Journalism Association's award for general excellence and investigative reporting in December 2000. "

I had the pleasure of having a meal with David Talbot in San Francisco a couple of years ago. I fully expect the book to be dynamite.

I had the pleasure of having a meal with David Talbot in San Francisco a couple of years ago. I fully expect the book to be dynamite.

I would imagine that to many Forum Members the idea that any single book, no matter how much elucidating regarding heretofore unknown facts, or how well written the book may be, can erase the pervasive cynicism regarding similar excitement that existed over other "assassination books," in the past.

David Talbot's new work, will possibly be an exception to similar situations in the past.

I would point out that with indymedia firmly entrenched as a fixture in American culture, and the power of grass-roots American's to communicate with the rest of the world, there is, in fact a new dynamic. The Oscar's last night [Al Gore - speaking, in effect to a world-wide audience regarding "An Inconvenient Truth" revealed that no voice can be totally muzzled, despite the signs of the times, and our own regressive media situation.

There is indeed a corresponding dynamic re the Assassination of JFK. While the Posner faction pretends that all is well, the reality is that the SBT Theory has been demonstrated to be a sham, as has the myth of Oswald as a crazed lone-gun assassin. Remember the story of the Emperor's New Clothes. History changes all things, there was once a time when the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, was considered just that....Now, anyone who is even a casual student of history knows better......There will be more hidden history revealed as well, some of it will be less than 43 years old.......It is better to be on the side of truth, than on the side of the Orwellian's......

Think about it.........

Edited by Robert Howard

I agree. Those new to this forum should know that David and Jeff Morley are about the only two journalists open-minded on the conspiracy issue, and interested in pursuing it. David came here a few years back and asked if any of us had hard-core evidence that the CIA was involved. I sent him some info on the HSCA's changing of the titles of its exhibits in order to hide that Sturdivan was testing subsonic M-16 ammo. The M-16 (then known as the AR-15) was being tested by the CIA's Special Forces in Viet Nam on 11-22-63, and was considered a state of the art assassination weapon. I thought then and continue to think that the HSCA's disguising Sturdivan's testimony was no accident. I'm not positive that it's relevant, but it speaks volumes about whether or not the HSCA deliberately hid info which might lead to speculation of a conspiracy (such as the Bethesda back of the head witnesses). Of course, they turned around at the last second and said they suspected a conspiracy...

I'm hoping David's book will close the door on the "Bobby believed the Warren Commission was correct" claims by LNTs. We'll see...

I agree. Those new to this forum should know that David and Jeff Morley are about the only two journalists open-minded on the conspiracy issue, and interested in pursuing it. David came here a few years back and asked if any of us had hard-core evidence that the CIA was involved. I sent him some info on the HSCA's changing of the titles of its exhibits in order to hide that Sturdivan was testing subsonic M-16 ammo. The M-16 (then known as the AR-15) was being tested by the CIA's Special Forces in Viet Nam on 11-22-63, and was considered a state of the art assassination weapon. I thought then and continue to think that the HSCA's disguising Sturdivan's testimony was no accident. I'm not positive that it's relevant, but it speaks volumes about whether or not the HSCA deliberately hid info which might lead to speculation of a conspiracy (such as the Bethesda back of the head witnesses). Of course, they turned around at the last second and said they suspected a conspiracy...

I'm hoping David's book will close the door on the "Bobby believed the Warren Commission was correct" claims by LNTs. We'll see...

I totally agree with the foregoing posts. I hope David's book also puts to rest the idiotic idea that Bobby tried to sabotage the Garrison investigation; or that JFK and RFK were trying to kill Castro. Of course Bobby was going to re-open his brother's assassination. But he was met by the same murderous power. No wonder Ted is silent.

I expect Talbot's book to be a blockbuster. I admire both he and Jefferson Morley greatly.

Dawn