The Education Forum

Regicide: The Official Assasination of John F. Kennedy

Ron, Didn't you give us the link to a source who identifies Crowley as the head of the CIA's corporate division, and link him to Joe Trento, who included William Corson and JJ Angleton among his sources? (Thanks for that). . . .

If "Gregory Douglas" claims the original source is Crowley and Crowley claimed it is a "Soviet study," then it is is not only disinformation but a black propaganda disinformation operation, said to originate with the Soviets via the CIA. Now why would Crowley, Angleon, Corson, Trento and that crowd want us to believe a bunch of dead CIA officers were behind the assassination of JFK?

I don't know what all Trento has to say about Crowley in his book (though I doubt that he links him to the JFK assassination), but what evidence is there, besides Douglas's "word," that "Gregory Douglas" ever knew Crowley, and that Crowley ever left Douglas squat in terms of CIA files?

Is it possible that "Douglas" read about Crowley in Trento's book, and thought "Hey, that works for me"? (Just a thought, as I don't know the pub dates of the books.)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron, Didn't you give us the link to a source who identifies Crowley as the head of the CIA's corporate division, and link him to Joe Trento, who included William Corson and JJ Angleton among his sources? (Thanks for that). . . .

If "Gregory Douglas" claims the original source is Crowley and Crowley claimed it is a "Soviet study," then it is is not only disinformation but a black propaganda disinformation operation, said to originate with the Soviets via the CIA. Now why would Crowley, Angleon, Corson, Trento and that crowd want us to believe a bunch of dead CIA officers were behind the assassination of JFK?

I don't know what all Trento has to say about Crowley in his book (though I doubt that he links him to the JFK assassination), but what evidence is there, besides Douglas's "word," that "Gregory Douglas" ever knew Crowley, and that Crowley ever left Douglas squat in terms of CIA files?

Is it possible that "Douglas" read about Crowley in Trento's book, and thought "Hey, that works for me"? (Just a thought, as I don't know the pub dates of the books.)

So your're saying that "GD" concocted a fake disinformation campaign using ex-CIA people he read about in a book to blame the assassinaiton on dead spooks just to make some money?

If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, I'll call it a duck until I am convinced otherwise.

BK

So your're saying that "GD" concocted a fake disinformation campaign using ex-CIA people he read about in a book to blame the assassinaiton on dead spooks just to make some money?

No, I'm not saying it was "a fake disinformation campaign," in the sense of helping out the CIA in an odd scheme to accuse itself of assassinating JFK. I'm saying it was a literary hoax pure and simple.

Has not Douglas's previous book on the Gestapo been characterized as an elaborate hoax, presumably to make money? According to the review that I read and linked to, that was not the author's first fabrication of documents. He apparently has made a living at this, with Regicide his magnum opus. It has apparently sold quite well at Amazon.com, and Jim Fetzer, as I recall, gave it a rave review, before perhaps changing his mind.

Perhaps it was a work for hire, but I doubt it. I just frankly don't buy the idea of the CIA going to the trouble of accusing itself of the assassination, with the intent of convincing people that they weren't involved. But I guess those people have done weirder things.

No, I'm not saying it was "a fake disinformation campaign," in the sense of helping out the CIA in an odd scheme to accuse itself of assassinating JFK. I'm saying it was a literary hoax pure and simple.

Has not Douglas's previous book on the Gestapo been characterized as an elaborate hoax, presumably to make money? According to the review that I read and linked to, that was not the author's first fabrication of documents. He apparently has made a living at this, with Regicide his magnum opus. It has apparently sold quite well at Amazon.com, and Jim Fetzer, as I recall, gave it a rave review, before perhaps changing his mind.

Perhaps it was a work for hire, but I doubt it. I just frankly don't buy the idea of the CIA going to the trouble of accusing itself of the assassination, with the intent of convincing people that they weren't involved. But I guess those people have done weirder things.

Ron,

What about creating fake records that indicate Angleton/Harvey/et al were involved in the assassination, then its proven to be fake and they are exonerated.

Then along comes other evidence, not so easily dissmissed, yet it is now shown that they were wrongfully accused before and therefore all the evidence is tainted?

And the earlier WWII stuff is propaganda too - he does have a history of this stuff, and it's now just coming out (via Stockton/FP) that there WAS an Operation called ZIPPER and it was to bring Nazis into USA for the CIA. The two are connected.

I don't know why they are doing it, I'm just saying it's not just a simple ruse, but a much more complicated production, the purpose of which is not just to make money, but to taint the real evidence and influence opinions.

BK

Bill Kelly,

You wrote: "What about creating fake records that indicate Angleton/Harvey/et al were involved in the assassination, then its proven to be fake and they are exonerated.

"Then along comes other evidence, not so easily dissmissed, yet it is now shown that they were wrongfully accused before and therefore all the evidence is tainted?"

Precisely my point.

In the case of the patently absurd Regicide: Subsequent efforts to suggest and document flag officers' complicity in the assassination and coverup must overcome the dreaded "here they go again" burden.

Charles

the purpose of which is not just to make money, but to taint the real evidence and influence opinions.

I understand the point, and it's quite possible. I just don't see why the CIA would expend much effort tainting evidence in this way, when no one outside of researchers pays attention to the evidence anyway.

There is evidence now that known CIA agents were at the Ambassador Hotel when RFK was assassinated. But so what? Who besides researchers is paying attention? There has been a TV documentary on it, but so what? Who besides researchers is paying attention? The CIA flatly refuses to release files on Joannides. But so what? Who besides researchers is paying attention?

Just continually reminding everyone that a lone nut did it, especially every anniversary, seems quite sufficient. Ignoring contrary evidence is apparently all it takes to "taint" it.

Ron,

If I may: The evidence of CIA agents at the Ambassador, while tantalyzing, remains open to serious, honest challenge. David Talbot, in Brothers, for instance, claims to be privy to analysis and interpretation of the images in question that refute the basic claims of the BBC documentarian. Time will tell.

As for why the CIA would concoct Regicide: I agree that there is no reason to believe that it would. But the assassination's sponsors and their heirs clearly would see the value of protecting their military planners by ham-handedly attempting to implicate them in the manner under discussion.

Finally, the real targets of this "get 'em hot and bothered, then pull the rug out from under 'em" operation are not just JFK assassination researchers, but in the agregate all who challenge official stories by proposing conspiracy alternatives. Thus

9-11 and Diana and RFK and MLK researchers are, by extension, tainted by the same brushstroke.

Charles

I'd like to follow up on Ron's original lead about Crowley and the CIA's Corporate Division.

I wonder if this included the CIA Airlines? Berlitz Language schools? Oil companies? Real Estate? Public Relation firms, domestic and foreign?

Does anybody have anything else on Crowley?

Thanks,

BK

Edited by William Kelly

• 3 months later...
I'd like to follow up on Ron's original lead about Crowley and the CIA's Corporate Division.

I wonder if this included the CIA Airlines? Berlitz Language schools? Oil companies? Real Estate? Public Relation firms, domestic and foreign?

Does anybody have anything else on Crowley?

Thanks,

BK

Bill, FWIW, fromTBRNews:

April 2, 2007

by Brian Harring

On October 8th, 2000, Robert Trumbull Crowley, once a leader of the CIA’s Clandestine Operations Division, died in a Washington hospital of heart failure and the end effects of Alzheimer’s Disease. Before the late Assistant Director Crowley was cold, Joseph Trento, a writer of light-weight books on the CIA, descended on Crowley’s widow at her town house on Cathedral Hill Drive in Washington and hauled away over fifty boxes of Crowley’s CIA files.

Once Trento had his new find secure in his house in Front Royal , Virginia, he called a well-known Washngton fix lawyer with the news.of his success in securing what the CIA had always considered to be a potential major embarrassment. Three months before, July 20th of that year, retired Marine Corps colonel William R. Corson died of emphysema and lung cancer at a hospital in Bethesda, Md.

After Corson’s death, Trento and a well-known Washington fix-lawyer went to Corson’s bank, got into his safe deposit box and removed a manuscript entitled ‘Zipper.’ This manuscript, which dealt with Crowley’s involvement in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, vanished into a CIA burn-bag and the matter was considered to be closed forever.

A small group of CIA officials gathered at Trento’s house to search through the Crowley papers, looking for documents that must not become public. A number were found but, to their consternation, a number of files Crowley was known to have had vanished.

When published material concerning the CIA’s actions against Kennedy became public in 2002, it was discovered to the CIA’s horror, that the missing documents had been sent by an increasingly erratic Crowley to others and these included devastating material on the CIA’s activities in South East Asia to include drug running, money laundering and the maintenance of the notorious ‘Regional Interrogation Centers’ in Viet Nam and, worse still, the Zipper files.

The originals had vanished and an extensive search was conducted by the FBI and CIA operatives but without success. Crowley’s survivors, his aged wife and son, were interviewed extensively by the FBI and instructed to minimize any discussion of former CIA files that Crowley had, illegally, removed from Langley when he retired.

A massive disinformation campaign was readied, using government-friendly bloggers, CIA-paid “historians” and others, in the event that anything from this file ever surfaced. The best-laid plans often go astray and in this case, one of the compliant historians, a former government librarian who fancied himself a serious writer, began to tell his friends about the CIA plan to kill Kennedy and eventually, word of this began to leak out into the outside world.

It came to the attention of Dr. Peter Janney, a Massachusetts clinical psychologist and son of Wistar Janney, another career senior CIA official, colleague of not only Bob Crowley but Cord Meyer, Richard Helms, Jim Angleton and others. Dr. Janney has personally researched the life and murder (or should we say assassination?) of Mary Pinchot Meyer for more than thirty years, ever since the story broke in the National Enquirer in 1976. He knew the Meyer family well, his best friend was Michael Meyer, Mary and Cord Meyer’s middle son, who was hit and killed by an automobile when they were both 9 year old boys.

For a long time, all Dr. Janney had were supposition, opinions and circulating rumor and without any kind of concrete proof, his thesis was interesting but unproven In the midst of his investigations, Dr. Janney discovered the original Zipper file and began the lengthy and time-consuming process of authentication. He was in a unique position to accomplish this because of the extant archives of family and friends. Signatures and other identifying information that would be impossible for an outsider to locate were available to him.

For the last three years, Dr. Janney has collaborated on a Hollywood film script entitled Lost Light about the life and romance of Mary Pinchot Meyer and JFK. The project is currently being represented by one of Hollywood’s top deal-makers and is now being packaged for production.

Peter Janney grew up in Washington with the families of top CIA brass. He is now at work on a book tentatively entitled ‘Mary’s Mosiac, that he hopes will be published when the film is initially released.

According to Janney, Mary Meyer was not murdered by a young, innocent Afro-American male by the name of Raymond Crump, Jr., who happened to be ensconced in a tryst adjacent to the C&O Canal Towpath in Georgetown on October 12, 1964. Crump was framed, according to Janney, and he believes he can now prove it. The real assassin was interviewed, according to Janney, by the late author Leo Damore in March of 1993 who was writing a book on the subject (Damore committed suicide in 1995; his book was never published). Janney told us that the assassin was a former FBI agent and CIA contract agent who was assigned to surveillance of Mary Meyer right after the Warren Commission Report was released in late September, 1964. Janney is not the repository of all of Damore’s research.

It had always been rumored in the elite CIA circles that James Angleton, head of CIA’s counter intelligence and a fellow Crowley plotter, had ordered her murder because she was threatening to reveal what she knew of her lover’s murder, and the fact that the Warren Commission Report was nothing but a farce and an egregious public-relations venture. For a long time, all Dr. Janney had were supposition, opinions and circulating rumor and without any kind of concrete proof, his thesis was interesting but unproven In the midst of his investigations, Dr. Janney discovered the original Zipper file and the Driscoll Report and has now embarked on a lengthy and time-consuming process of authentication. He is possibly in a unique position to accomplish this because of the extant archives of family and friends. Signatures and other identifying information that would be impossible for an outsider to locate may, in fact, be available to him.

The hitherto unknown role of the very secret Naval Security Group surfaced when a former member recalled the activities of Marine Corps Lt. Colonel Bevan Cass while he was discussing his own role in the assassination of Dominican dictator Trujillo and contemporary conversations he had with Cass who was involved in this assassination as well as the Kennedy one.

In spite of the burn bags, the top secret safes and the vigilance of the CIA to keep its own secrets, the truth has an embarrassing and often very fatal habit of emerging, albeit decades later. When it is complete, the Janney book on the Mary Mayer murder will certainly spill over into areas the author never thought he would be able to explore.

While CIA drug running , money-launderings and brutal assassinations are very often strongly rumored and suspected, it has so far not been possible to actually pin them down but this book will do this with their own reports.

The hitherto unknown role of the very secret Naval Security Group surfaced when a former member recalled the activities of Marine Corps Lt. Colonel Bevan Cass while he was discussing his own role in the assassination of Dominican dictator Trujillo and contemporary conversations he had with Cass who was involved in this assassination as well as the Kennedy one. (Stan Hayes quoting text)

I believe this is the first time Bevan G. Cass has been mentioned on the forum. This is one interesting guy and he needs some serious research.

Cass edited the book which looked at the history of the Sixth Marines, the title escapes me for now.

Cass was also closely associated with Robert Emmett Johnson and was an Intel handler of sorts.

I submit that this is where some of the secrets we all seek are located. To clarify, I am not referring to the Regicide publication but to Cass specifically.

James

James,

You write, "I submit that this is where some of the secrets we all seek are located. To clarify, I am not referring to the Regicide publication but to Cass specifically."

I agree, and I would expand the basic premise.

When we identify the facilitators and mechanics, we will be confronting everyone but the usual suspects.

Your interest in Major Lopez is a case in point, I'd say.

So too my own curiosity about Napoleon Valeriano.

Charles

The hitherto unknown role of the very secret Naval Security Group surfaced when a former member recalled the activities of Marine Corps Lt. Colonel Bevan Cass while he was discussing his own role in the assassination of Dominican dictator Trujillo and contemporary conversations he had with Cass who was involved in this assassination as well as the Kennedy one. (Stan Hayes quoting text)

I believe this is the first time Bevan G. Cass has been mentioned on the forum. This is one interesting guy and he needs some serious research.

Cass edited the book which looked at the history of the Sixth Marines, the title escapes me for now.

Cass was also closely associated with Robert Emmett Johnson and was an Intel handler of sorts.

I submit that this is where some of the secrets we all seek are located. To clarify, I am not referring to the Regicide publication but to Cass specifically.

James

There is virtually nothing about him under that name other than endless sites about his book on the internet....it won't be easy, but thanks for the 'heads-up'!

CASS, BEVAN G. - History Of The Sixth Marine Division. ..... A CIA Insider Exposes The Secret War Against Cuba And The Plot That Killed The Kennedy ...

Peter,

Thayer Waldo did some stories that concerned Cass. Most of those focused on his time in the Dominican Republic when he was sent there on a 'diplomatic assignment' which basically was to handle strongman General Rodriguez Echevarria.

Curious to note is that Cass and Consul General John Calvin Hill seems opposed to each other in what the United States was trying to achieve here. Could this have been a case of some autonomous action by several of those shady types amongst the ranks of the Intelligence community?

The relationships here between such players as Arturo Espaillat, Johnnie Abbes Garcia, Felix Bernardino, Robert E. Johnson and Cass may show a burgeoning network of assets (financial and hands on) that may have been exploited for many a future 'off the books' operation.

Espaillat and Bernardino already having been involved in the demise of Jesus Galindez.

James

Hemming frequently references Arturo Espaillat in the role of what I term a "facilitator" of the assassination.

Charles

Charles,

In this photo below, that is Arturo Espaillat in the background wearing the dark glasses. Rafael Trujillo of course on the far right.

James

Edited by James Richards