The Education Forum

Tom Purvis

I've been searching back through the threads for Purv, and haven't come up with anything.

Has he pulled them and left the forum? If so, does someone have contact with him? Please give him my e-mail address: tmauro@pacbell.net, if you would be so kind.

Thanks,

Ter

I've been searching back through the threads for Purv, and haven't come up with anything.

Has he pulled them and left the forum? If so, does someone have contact with him? Please give him my e-mail address: tmauro@pacbell.net, if you would be so kind.

Thanks,

Ter

Just post something on the William Pawley thread and I suspect he will return.

Terry;

Certainly not ignoring you!

Being in the process of completely re-modelling two back bedrooms into a single bedroom with large walk-in closet space, along with normal yard/flower garden work, I am in quite a mess.

In fact, the computer is even difficult to get to as it is stuffed in with all of the other stuff pushed aside.

I have been searching for the answers to the Hunt family in order to attempt to demonstrate the potential interconnections which they had which were most probably the sources of some of their right wing activities.

As example, old man Hunt lost his first fortune in the Florida Real Estate market.

He had gone to Florida and was investing in Real Estate at exactly the same time as was William D. Pawley living in south Florida and also dealing in real estate.

However, I have never managed to find any direct information which would serve to indicate that the two knew each other at this period in time.

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online...s/HH/fhu59.html

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_04/laborde012704.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another item which should be brought into mind is the fact that the father of old man Hunt (Haroldson LaFayette Hunt) was from Walker County, GA, and was in fact a Confederate Civil War Veteran.

His name was Haroldson Lafayettte Hunt, and although born in Georgia, it appears that he served in an Arkansas unit during the Civil War, and thus must have moved there prior to the beginning of the war.

Thus, it is no suprise that H.L. Hunt moved from the final home in Illinois, initially to Arkansas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Waddy Thorpe Hunt

Title: (Captain)

Sex: M

Birth: 1825 in SC

Death: 1864 in shot & killed nr Little Rock AR after war

Note: Was he born in Haversham Co GA in 1821? Census records say he was born in SC.

Note: Civil War veteran. Confederate.

Note: 1850 GA census, Walker Co, Peavine: Waddy T Hunt 25 SC, Mellissa A. 23 SC, Haroldson 8 GA, James 6 GA, Mary 4 GA, John 2 GA. Living next door to Margaret Hunt 58 SC.

Note: 1860 GA census, Walker Co, Upper Cove, Cedar Grove: W. T. Hunt 36 SC, Molissa 36 SC, Harritson 15 GA, James 14 GA, Mary 13 GA, John 11 GA, William 7 GA, Robert 1 GA.

Note: After Civil War he moved his family to a farm near Little Rock AR. After he was killed, the family moved to Illinois.

Change Date: 2 APR 2006

Children

H. L. (Hash) Hunt b: 1842 in Walker Co GA

James M. Hunt b: MAR 1844 in Walker Co GA

Mary Hunt b: 1846 in Walker Co GA

John Hunt b: 1848 in Walker Co GA

William Hunt b: 1855 in Walker Co GA

Robert N. Hunt b: MAR 1859 in Walker Co GA

Thus, the Hunt family generations were all direct line descendants who were "Sons of the Confederacy".

H. L. (Hash/Haroldson Lafayette Hunt, Sr. was a veteran)

His father, Waddy Thorpe Hunt was a Captain in the Confederate Army.

The 27th Regiment of the Arkansas Infantry, list W.T. Hunt as well as H. L. Hunt, which appears to be the father and son.

It is also noted that the primary home of the Hunt family was from South Carolina, also the home state of William Douglas Pawley.

(to be continued)

Terry;

Being in the process of completely re-modelling two back bedrooms into a single bedroom with large walk-in closet space, along with normal yard/flower garden work, I am in quite a mess.

In fact, the computer is even difficult to get to as it is stuffed in with all of the other stuff pushed aside.

I have been searching for the answers to the Hunt family in order to attempt to demonstrate the potential interconnections which they had which were most probably the sources of some of their right wing activities.

As example, old man Hunt lost his first fortune in the Florida Real Estate market.

He had gone to Florida and was investing in Real Estate at exactly the same time as was William D. Pawley living in south Florida and also dealing in real estate.

However, I have never managed to find any direct information which would serve to indicate that the two knew each other at this period in time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another item which should be brought into mind is the fact that the father of old man Hunt (Haroldson LaFayette Hunt) was from Walker County, GA, and was in fact a Confederate Civil War Veteran.

His name was Haroldson Lafayettte Hunt, and although born in Georgia, it appears that he served in an Arkansas unit during the Civil War, and thus must have moved there prior to the beginning of the war.

Thus, it is no suprise that H.L. Hunt moved from the final home in Illinois, initially to Arkansas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Was he born in Haversham Co GA in 1821? Census records say he was born in SC.

Note: 1850 GA census, Walker Co, Peavine: Waddy T Hunt 25 SC, Mellissa A. 23 SC, Haroldson 8 GA, James 6 GA, Mary 4 GA, John 2 GA. Living next door to Margaret Hunt 58 SC.

Note: 1860 GA census, Walker Co, Upper Cove, Cedar Grove: W. T. Hunt 36 SC, Molissa 36 SC, Harritson 15 GA, James 14 GA, Mary 13 GA, John 11 GA, William 7 GA, Robert 1 GA.

Note: After Civil War he moved his family to a farm near Little Rock AR. After he was killed, the family moved to Illinois.

Children

Thus, the Hunt family generations were all direct line descendants who were "Sons of the Confederacy".

The 27th Regiment of the Arkansas Infantry, list W.T. Hunt as well as H. L. Hunt, which appears to be the father and son.

It is also noted that the primary home of the Hunt family was from South Carolina, also the home state of William Douglas Pawley.

(to be continued)

REPOST: Did not go to the head of the line.

P.S. For Mr. Simkin. I have also been somewhat occupied in attempting to arrange an interview between Gerry P. Hemming and the JFK Special Warfare Center Historian.

Terry;

Children

(to be continued)

"As example, old man Hunt lost his first fortune in the Florida Real Estate market.

It is also noted that the primary home of the Hunt family was from South Carolina, also the home state of William Douglas Pawley."

Thank you, Purv. As these are the issues I've been following in your posts that are of interest to me. Thanks for those links. The ones you send always take me on an adventure.

But, I was mainly concerned about all of us, who are getting up there in years. Yeah, I know. Speak for yourself, Ter. So, when I don't see a name coming up in the usual sequence of events, I begin to worry that maybe someone got ill, or struck down, or God knows what all! And, since my job keeps me from frequenting the forums as much as I used to, I might fall behind in the progression of the threads.

Therefore, I'm extremely happy to hear that you have been in the process of re-modeling your house and garden, which I'm sure is going prove to be more functional and more to your liking, once it's completed. I value your expertise, Purv. Sorry, to have worried unnecessarily, but you're always right back 'atcha with anything I've ever asked for. I just hope I haven't contributed to any disruption of your workflow. I simply must remember that there are those who have a life outside of JFK, much the same as I do.

Ter

Thanks,

Ter

Just post something on the William Pawley thread and I suspect he will return.

Thanks, John. Will do.

Ter

Terry;

Children

(to be continued)

"As example, old man Hunt lost his first fortune in the Florida Real Estate market.

It is also noted that the primary home of the Hunt family was from South Carolina, also the home state of William Douglas Pawley."

Thank you, Purv. As these are the issues I've been following in your posts that are of interest to me. Thanks for those links. The ones you send always take me on an adventure.

But, I was mainly concerned about all of us, who are getting up there in years. Yeah, I know. Speak for yourself, Ter. So, when I don't see a name coming up in the usual sequence of events, I begin to worry that maybe someone got ill, or struck down, or God knows what all! And, since my job keeps me from frequenting the forums as much as I used to, I might fall behind in the progression of the threads.

Therefore, I'm extremely happy to hear that you have been in the process of re-modeling your house and garden, which I'm sure is going prove to be more functional and more to your liking, once it's completed. I value your expertise, Purv. Sorry, to have worried unnecessarily, but you're always right back 'atcha with anything I've ever asked for. I just hope I haven't contributed to any disruption of your workflow. I simply must remember that there are those who have a life outside of JFK, much the same as I do.

Ter

Well!

It is always nice to know that at least someone would miss me when all time has truly expired.

And, considering that there are undoubtedly many who would like to place a target on me, who knows!

I will continue under the "Hunt" question.

Tom

Terry;

Children

(to be continued)

Ter

Well!

It is always nice to know that at least someone would miss me when all time has truly expired.

And, considering that there are undoubtedly many who would like to place a target on me, who knows!

Tom

While I cannot add anything regarding H.L. Hunt that isn't already common knowledge among researchers, I would say that if there was ever an angle that should be looked at under a microscope it would be the area that is being tossed around.....I would also, as far the the "big picture" goes, mention that there are some interesting real estate transactions that were taking place between Dallas and Miami circa 1963-63 as well. Some noted researchers such as P.D. Scott have mentioned Ameritas and Keyes Realty...... O.L. Nelms name comes up in some old newspaper articles in which Keyes Realty is mentioned.

See Dallas Morning News 4-7-1963

$5.25 Million Deals Disclosed

Henry S. Miller Co. Puts Accent on World Image

For those who have an interest, Jack Ruby was more than casually acquainted with O.L. Nelms...

as the following item shows....

February 11, 1952 "This letter is intended to be, and shall be construed as part of and merged with lease executed between O.L. Nelms, as Lessor, and Jack Ruby, as Lessee, even date hereof, as follows: 1. The Lessee shall have the right, without further consent of Lessor, to make all reasonable and necessary changes and break-throughs on and of the leased premises, at Lessee's expense; and it is agreed that such installation may be moved and removed by Lessee at his will and/or at termination of this lease, if Lessee is not in default thereunder, so long as Lessee makes all reasonable and necessary repairs to save premises from any damage or injury."

See Gallery of History

http://www.galleryofhistory.com/archive/7_...9-JACK-RUBY.htm

I do not mention this information to divert from the thread, but to add peripherally to what is being discussed.

Obviously, nothing sinister is suggested by my posting this.....It is meant to illustrate that there are always interconnections between various cities...Dallas and Miami certainly had more than a couple.....

A good source of financial info on families such as the Hunt Family circa 1960's is The Rich & The Super-Rich by Ferdinand Lundberg.......

Terry;

Children

(to be continued)

Ter

Well!

Tom

While I cannot add anything regarding H.L. Hunt that isn't already common knowledge among researchers, I would say that if there was ever an angle that should be looked at under a microscope it would be the area that is being tossed around.....I would also, as far the the "big picture" goes, mention that there are some interesting real estate transactions that were taking place between Dallas and Miami circa 1963-63 as well. Some noted researchers such as P.D. Scott have mentioned Ameritas and Keyes Realty...... O.L. Nelms name comes up in some old newspaper articles in which Keyes Realty is mentioned.

For those who have an interest, Jack Ruby was more than casually acquainted with O.L. Nelms...

February 11, 1952 "This letter is intended to be, and shall be construed as part of and merged with lease executed between O.L. Nelms, as Lessor, and Jack Ruby, as Lessee, even date hereof, as follows: 1. The Lessee shall have the right, without further consent of Lessor, to make all reasonable and necessary changes and break-throughs on and of the leased premises, at Lessee's expense; and it is agreed that such installation may be moved and removed by Lessee at his will and/or at termination of this lease, if Lessee is not in default thereunder, so long as Lessee makes all reasonable and necessary repairs to save premises from any damage or injury."

See Gallery of History

I do not mention this information to divert from the thread, but to add peripherally to what is being discussed.

Obviously, nothing sinister is suggested by my posting this.....It is meant to illustrate that there are always interconnections between various cities...Dallas and Miami certainly had more than a couple.....

A good source of financial info on families such as the Hunt Family circa 1960's is The Rich & The Super-Rich by Ferdinand Lundberg.......

Don't know much about "Keyes Realty", however:

KEY WEST REALTY COMPANY

PRINCIPAL ADDRESS

260 N E 17TH TERRACE

MIAMI FLA 33132

PAWLEY,EDWARD P

260 NE 17TH TERRACE

MIAMI FL VD

PAWLEY,ANITA

260 NE 17TH TERRACE

MIAMI FL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CLIFTON CORPORATION OF MIAMI

PRINCIPAL ADDRESS

260 N E 17TH TERRACE

MIAMI FLA 33132

Registered Agent

Name & Address

PAWLEY,WILLIAM D

260 NE 17TH TERR

MIAMI FL 33132

Officer/Director Detail

PAWLEY,EDWARD P.

260 NE 17TH TERRACE

MIAMI FL VD

PAWLEY,ANITA (ASST)

260 NE 17TH TERRACE

MIAMI FL

Anita Pawley is the second wife of William D. Pawley. His secretary for whom he dumped his first wife, Annie Hahr Dobbs, and then married.

They managed to acquire some Military Lease land, which upon lack of need by the military, was to revert to the company who originally owned the property and had leased it, if recalled correctly, in the 50's.

The Pawley organization acquired the ownership rights to the virtually defunct Company, which had totally forgotten the lease and it's legal agreement concerning the land, and thus acquired valuable land for virtually nothing when it reverted to the original owner company.

William D. Pawley was well known in Key West, FL.

Edited by Thomas H. Purvis

Terry;

Children

(to be continued)

Ter

Well!

Tom

"It is always nice to know that at least someone would miss me when all time has truly expired.

And, considering that there are undoubtedly many who would like to place a target on me, who knows!"

Don't sweat the nickle/dime stuff, Purv. When the xxxx hits the fan, I'd be more than happy to take the bullet for you, seeing as I'm the more expendable one of the two. :)

Terry;

Children

(to be continued)

Ter

Well!

Tom

See Gallery of History

"See Dallas Morning News 4-7-1963

See Gallery of History

A good source of financial info on families such as the Hunt Family circa 1960's is The Rich & The Super-Rich by Ferdinand Lundberg......."

Diverting the thread? Are you kidding? This is all quite relevant to the thread!

Thanks, for anything you can find or come up with. That's what it's all about.