The Education Forum

John Dolva, please....

How are your Zapruder Film Studies coming along? Been awhile since I've seen anything here...

David Healy

David, thank you for asking. Particularly as you are one person who I've had some exchanges with ever since I first got interested in the Kennedy assassination research community, and from whom I have learnt a lot over the two years. So, I'll try to answer seriously.

The Zapruder film, as available to me, is not the Zapruder film I want to study. I have no way of changing that, except to, when the opportunity arises, agitate for a full public release of lossless, unenhanced, full resolution, digital copies(of high quality, ie minimal artefact introduction) of all the transparencies made, and a (same conditions) copy of the SS copies made before the film was taken by LIFE magazine.

I believe that even if I only had (as specified) frames (to my mind incorrectly numbered by at least 1) at least from 310 to 317 I could make some significant contribution. The rest, particularly four or so frames before stemmons sign to four or so after, would be a bonus.

Further, while Tom makes a comprehensive argument for the last shot as being after (IMO wrongly numbered 313) I see no evidence in the film to support it. Muchmore however may, and again the absence of quality material is the problem.

When discussion occurs, it is often circular, (or non existent) or ends at some point due to various reasons. Breaking the deadlocks are beyond me.

My interest therefore has shifted to a broad study of the period of time roughly from the formation of the FBI in the early twentieth century till the 70's. This can be looked at piecemeal or wholistically. I prefer the wholistic approach, and in there am beginning to see a pattern, with large gray areas, (particlarly the war years + 5 when alot of people were 'disappearing' and/or changing stripes) that lead me to believe that Kennedy's 'New Frontier' was really a revolution that threatened to interrupt a process of Corporatising (in the Fascist sense) and consolidating, a global 'Empire' that threatens the freedom and livelihood of all Americans and all peoples, for the interests of a very tiny, extremely powerful, minority. Unfortunately the crumbs off their table is sufficient to keep a larger minority class in a number of 'developed' nations apathetic.

This is a thinking that is probably 'far out there'.

Nevertheless, the wealth and means exists to dramatically change the lives of the majority on Earth away from starvation and strife to well being. I'm very simplistic. No, is good enough an answer to me to war, nuclear weapons, Fascism, and environmental degradation. At the moment I'm trying to identify just who to say No to.

While my interest in graphics (and art) is stll primary it's eclipsed by these more fundamental issues.

In standing back and equanimously observing, and commenting when I feel I have something worthwhile to say, I think this Forum and the repository of postings, and the people involved, on the whole, but dotted amongst much smoke, already have the answer. Getting hold of it in a comprehensive, wholistic way is the problem.

David, you probably got 'more than asked for', but within the answer given is the reason for not doing anything more with the Zapruder film for the present period of time.

Edited by John Dolva

John Dolva' wrote:

How are your Zapruder Film Studies coming along? Been awhile since I've seen anything here...

David Healy

David, thank you for asking. Particularly as you are one person who I've had some exchanges with ever since I first got interested in the Kennedy assassination research community, and from whom I have learnt a lot over the two years. So, I'll try to answer seriously.

The Zapruder film, as available to me, is not the Zapruder film I want to study. I have no way of changing that, except to, when the opportunity arises, agitate for a full public release of lossless, unenhanced, full resolution, digital copies(of high quality, ie minimal artefact introduction) of all the transparencies made, and a (same conditions) copy of the SS copies made before the film was taken by LIFE magazine.

dgh: thanks John, appreciate your response. High resolution frames would indeed be helpful... we know they exist, exist, in fact at the 6th floor museum (AFTER the film went to LIFE and of possibly some frames BEFORE or nearly at the same time the alleged in-camera original went to LIFE), probably a set or two at NARA and whoknows copies elsewhere.

I believe that even if I only had (as specified) frames (to my mind incorrectly numbered by at least 1) at least from 310 to 317 I could make some significant contribution. The rest, particularly four or so frames before stemmons sign to four or so after, would be a bonus.

dgh: makes sense...

Further, while Tom makes a comprehensive argument for the last shot as being after (IMO wrongly numbered 313) I see no evidence in the film to support it. Muchmore however may, and again the absence of quality material is the problem.

dgh: that's the point of a very good composition, take the discerning eye elsewhere, divert attention... Not to forget; the SS/FBI recreations utilized measurements and data supporting 'further down Elm Street'.

When discussion occurs, it is often circular, (or non existent) or ends at some point due to various reasons. Breaking the deadlocks are beyond me.

My interest therefore has shifted to a broad study of the period of time roughly from the formation of the FBI in the early twentieth century till the 70's. This can be looked at piecemeal or wholistically. I prefer the wholistic approach, and in there am beginning to see a pattern, with large gray areas, (particlarly the war years + 5 when alot of people were 'disappearing' and/or changing stripes) that lead me to believe that Kennedy's 'New Frontier' was really a revolution that threatened to interrupt a process of Corporatising (in the Fascist sense) and consolidating, a global 'Empire' that threatens the freedom and livelihood of all Americans and all peoples, for the interests of a very tiny, extremely powerful, minority. Unfortunately the crumbs off their table is sufficient to keep a larger minority class in a number of 'developed' nations apathetic.

This is a thinking that is probably 'far out there'.

dgh: NOTHING is too 'far out there'

Nevertheless, the wealth and means exists to dramatically change the lives of the majority on Earth away from starvation and strife to well being. I'm very simplistic. No, is good enough an answer to me to war, nuclear weapons, Fascism, and environmental degradation. At the moment I'm trying to identify just who to say No to.

While my interest in graphics (and art) is stll primary it's eclipsed by these more fundamental issues.

In standing back and equanimously observing, and commenting when I feel I have something worthwhile to say, I think this Forum and the repository of postings, and the people involved, on the whole, but dotted amongst much smoke, already have the answer. Getting hold of it in a comprehensive, wholistic way is the problem.

dgh: the Zapruder film and the man himself have escaped scrutiny for years and years. I don't expect anything to change -- I'm certain there are folks breathing comfortably...

David, you probably got 'more than asked for', but within the answer given is the reason for not doing anything more with the Zapruder film for the present period of time.

dgh: hardly, its what I expect from you -- Thanks for your efforts, John!