The Education Forum

1967 4-part documentary "CBS Inquiry: The Warren Report.

Guest Duncan MacRae

Guest Duncan MacRae

Does anyone have this documentary? and if so could they capture some frames of Zapruder standing next to the pedestal and post here?

Duncan

From Gary Mack.

Duncan,

The only full-length picture of Zapruder I have seen appears in the 1967 4-part documentary "CBS Inquiry: The Warren Report." He appeared briefly with Eddie Barker standing next to the pedestal from where he shot his film. When I looked at a tape of the program a few years ago, I measured his height at about 5-10 or 5-11, which is what I was also told by his daughter.

Gary Mack

Does anyone have this documentary? and if so could they capture some frames of Zapruder standing next to the pedestal and post here?

Duncan

From Gary Mack.

Duncan,

The only full-length picture of Zapruder I have seen appears in the 1967 4-part documentary "CBS Inquiry: The Warren Report." He appeared briefly with Eddie Barker standing next to the pedestal from where he shot his film. When I looked at a tape of the program a few years ago, I measured his height at about 5-10 or 5-11, which is what I was also told by his daughter.

Gary Mack

I have not got a copy of the film but CBS published a transcript of the programme in book form. There was a copy of this book in the Sussex University Library.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKcbs.htm

Most valuable would be access to the outtakes, which are said to contain otherwise unseen (by mere mortals) evidence supportive of the conspiracy truth.

Hasn't David Lifton written of this?

Charles

Mark Lane has written of his experiences with CBS in "A Citizen's Dissent" (1968).

I posted a small part of his account in this thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9672

Lane and colleague Emile de Antonio viewed five hours of outtakes and were astounded at what they saw. There were apparently some seventy hours of outtakes--much of it was interviews with witnesses and police--which CBS claimed they would destroy. Lane stated that the small sample of outtakes he and de Antonio viewed proved beyond doubt that the film evidence had been manipulated to such an extent that the interviews which America saw when the four part doco was aired in 1967 bore little resemblance to what the witnesses actually said in November '63. What the remainder of the outtakes might have revealed is fertile ground for speculation.

Whether the outtakes still exist is unknown. I don't believe CBS has ever admitted destroying them. I could be wrong.

If they have been destroyed, it raises an interesting question concerning the legality of such an act. CBS and other media networks claim the film is their private property and they are free to do as they like with it. However, Lane argues that there is a legitimate public interest in the material,

The networks share a monopoly that is government, therefore publicly created and regulated. Had an ordinary citizen equipped with a Brownie camera sought entrance into the basement of the Dallas Police and Courts Building to film the abortive transfer of Lee Harvey Oswald he might well have been denied admission. Yet the local officials welcomed the film crews of the networks due, no doubt, to their official capacity. Credentials, which grant access to historical moments are given, by the public, to the networks, but are denied to the ordinary citizen. Do the networks then, having accepted that public trust, have the right to treat the resultant material as private property to be suppressed or destroyed at will?

It would be interesting to see how Lane's argument would go if the issue of the seventy hours of outtakes was ever tested in court.

Most valuable would be access to the outtakes, which are said to contain otherwise unseen (by mere mortals) evidence supportive of the conspiracy truth.

Hasn't David Lifton written of this?

Charles

Mark Lane has written of his experiences with CBS in "A Citizen's Dissent" (1968).

I posted a small part of his account in this thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9672

Lane and colleague Emile de Antonio viewed five hours of outtakes and were astounded at what they saw. There were apparently some seventy hours of outtakes--much of it was interviews with witnesses and police--which CBS claimed they would destroy. Lane stated that the small sample of outtakes he and de Antonio viewed proved beyond doubt that the film evidence had been manipulated to such an extent that the interviews which America saw when the four part doco was aired in 1967 bore little resemblance to what the witnesses actually said in November '63. What the remainder of the outtakes might have revealed is fertile ground for speculation.

Whether the outtakes still exist is unknown. I don't believe CBS has ever admitted destroying them. I could be wrong.

If they have been destroyed, it raises an interesting question concerning the legality of such an act. CBS and other media networks claim the film is their private property and they are free to do as they like with it. However, Lane argues that there is a legitimate public interest in the material,

The networks share a monopoly that is government, therefore publicly created and regulated. Had an ordinary citizen equipped with a Brownie camera sought entrance into the basement of the Dallas Police and Courts Building to film the abortive transfer of Lee Harvey Oswald he might well have been denied admission. Yet the local officials welcomed the film crews of the networks due, no doubt, to their official capacity. Credentials, which grant access to historical moments are given, by the public, to the networks, but are denied to the ordinary citizen. Do the networks then, having accepted that public trust, have the right to treat the resultant material as private property to be suppressed or destroyed at will?

It would be interesting to see how Lane's argument would go if the issue of the seventy hours of outtakes was ever tested in court.

I believe CBS made the tapes available to the ARRB, but there was an issue over who would pay for their transcription. I'm not sure what happened next. Perhaps this is still a place of fertile investigation. When the director of my videos inquired about using footage from the special in our video part 3, they sent him a video of the interview requested. It was in good condition. The tapes of the broadcast are clearly still maintained and preserved. One can only hope the outtakes are as well.

Duncan

From Gary Mack.

Duncan,

Gary Mack

Hi Duncan:

I have them but have no way of capturing photos from, wish I could...

But, I obtained such from a man by the name of Aaron Mintz

His email ad is

ahmintz@housing.umass.edu

His site is

http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~ahmintz/index.htm

He carries, well just about all, do not know as yet, what he does not......

It is a great site..he resides in the states..is retired and this is his

interest, and he is a very pleasant man.

The four parts are on 2 DVDs, The W/R CBS TV 1967..it is all there....and

yes is extremely interesting..

Correction.......Sorry error....they cost cost $29.25 USD..reasonable I feel..

.......and his service is great and he has PayPal...

So anyone interested, get in contact with him...he has a list of what he has

available re the Assassination as well as on other subjects..

FYI.............

B

Edited by Bernice Moore