The Education Forum

Obama responds to question about JFK assassination files

President Obama and Bill Simmons: The GQ Interview
GQ Nov. 17, 2015

From the interview: Have you ever said, “Give me the JFK-assassination files, I want to read them. Give me all the secret stuff”?

I gotta tell you, it’s a little disappointing. People always ask me about Roswell and the aliens and UFOs, and it turns out the stuff going on that’s top secret isn’t nearly as exciting as you expect. In this day and age, it’s not as top secret as you’d think.

http://www.gq.com/story/president-obama-bill-simmons-interview-gq-men-of-the-year

I would say his response is a little disappointing, but typical, and I'm not surprised. He's asked a question regarding the JFK Assassination files, and he answers talking about Roswell, UFOs, and Aliens. Nice deflection and non-answer. The implication seeming to be that anyone questioning the assassination is not to be taken seriously. :wacko:

Edited by Roger DeLaria

In response to the question: Have you ever said, “Give me the JFK-assassination files, I want to read them. Give me all the secret stuff"? President Obama talks about The Alien Presence. Could it be that in his mind they are connected? Shades of E. Howard Hunt.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

I would tend to agree that the files released in 2017 are going to render us zilch. I believe anything incriminating was disposed of long ago. Possibly some interesting tidbits, but no smoking guns.

Tom,

Certainly could be, who knows?

Edited by Roger DeLaria

If I had to guess, there won't be any smoking guns in the files per se, but there will be one or two big revelations--like something about Oswald or Hunt really was station chief of Mexico City in September '63.

The mainstream media always incorrectly portrays the files as somehow being something any lay person could sit down and read. They are anything but. They are, for the most part, only comprehensible to seasoned researchers with knowledge of the interplay between the full cast of characters and CIA cryptonyms of the time.

I would tend to agree that the files released in 2017 are going to render us zilch. I believe anything incriminating was disposed of long ago. Possibly some interesting tidbits, but no smoking guns.

Tom,

Certainly could be, who knows?

My response was based ONLY on why Obama MAY have responded the way he did. I doubt there will be anything in there that will jump out instantly, but I do think there will be one or two cold trails that will warm up enough to lead to something important.

Tom