The Education Forum

'Home movies from Dallas' to recount assassination

THE SIXTH FLOOR MUSEUM is open daily except Christmas Day. Admission is $13.50 U.S. for adults, including a 45-minute audio guide, available in seven languages. 411 Elm St., Dallas. 214-747-6660.

THE TEMPORARY EXHIBIT, "Filming Kennedy: Home Movies from Dallas" will showcase silent moving images, running from Nov. 12, 2007, through October 2008. The Zapruder film will be shown here in its entirety for the first time.

Nov 10, 2007

Edited by John Simkin to remove article after a complaint from Jo Matyas:

Michael Hogan posted:

THE SIXTH FLOOR MUSEUM is open daily except Christmas Day. Admission is $13.50 U.S. for adults, including a 45-minute audio guide, available in seven languages. 411 Elm St., Dallas. 214-747-6660.

THE TEMPORARY EXHIBIT, "Filming Kennedy: Home Movies from Dallas" will showcase silent moving images, running from Nov. 12, 2007, through October 2008. The Zapruder film will be shown here in its entirety for the first time.

Nov 10, 2007

Jo Matyas

Special to the Star

[...]

I
BET
the Zapruder film will be shown in its entirety, which version is my question... After all, the MPI DVD Z-film is a alteration of the *alleged* [NARA housed] in-camera Zapruder film, is it
NOT
?
:ice

I can't find my invitation for this special event, must of misplaced it.....

I bet the City of Dallas can't wait for this season's Mavericks basketball to be well underway.
Edited by John Simkin

David,

I think I heard that there was some discussion about that and someone said that 'The Double Talker's Club' was meeting in Fort Worth that night and that you were chairing the event. If that was incorrect information, then contact the Museum to see if they can make room for you. But when they ask if you'll attend for sure - don't tell them that you will attend and then say you won't attend or they may figure that your seat might be better served giving it to someone else.

Bill Miller

David,

I think I heard that there was some discussion about that and someone said that 'The Double Talker's Club' was meeting in Fort Worth that night and that you were chairing the event. If that was incorrect information, then contact the Museum to see if they can make room for you. But when they ask if you'll attend for sure - don't tell them that you will attend and then say you won't attend or they may figure that your seat might be better served giving it to someone else.

Bill Miller

nah, I'm unwelcome at those Dallas types of festivities (although I was asked once to speak at the Lancer November gig before TGZFH of course).

I also suggested [years ago] the TSBD be razed, grass planted on the site, a simple white cross in the center of the lawn (similar to RFK's Arlington gravesite) and a simple plaque stating: On this site, a *conspiracy* against a defenseless man was played out. From the TSBD building, one of many gunman shot at AND killed John Fitzgerald Kennedy, President of the United States on Nov 22nd 1963. The murder remains unsolved to this date - 1997.

I can't remember if that was before or after I suggested to Gary Mack, it looked like he had a good radio type personality...

As for you, I'm sure you'll make a good TSBD front door greeter, gott'a start somewhere, buckoo... btw, who is doing the JFK tour bus gig this year. You ever show your face at COPA? I understand real JFK assassination researchers hang there.....

Edited by David G. Healy

You ever show your face at COPA? I understand real JFK assassination researchers hang there.....

Is that the one that Groden gets invited to speak at ... I think it is? In fact, he is speaking there this year. It would be a good time to dazzle him with your film expertise in some Q & A.

You ever show your face at COPA? I understand real JFK assassination researchers hang there.....

Is that the one that Groden gets invited to speak at ... I think it is? In fact, he is speaking there this year. It would be a good time to dazzle him with your film expertise in some Q & A.

I'm attending this year & plan to refute last year's champion & recipient of the award from 'The Double Talker's Club' :

Not many researchers remember (what's his name?):

av-718jpg-1.jpg

I'm attending this year & plan to refute last year's champion & recipient of the award from 'The Double Talker's Club' :

Not many researchers remember (what's his name?):

av-718jpg-1.jpg

Something I found on the Net about Trolls ... by the looks of your post, I think it was written with you in mind.

While sometimes, he may sound like a stupid, uninformed, ignorant poster, do not be deceived! Most trolls are highly intelligent people trying to hide behind a mask of stupidity and/or ignorance! They usually have an agenda.

A xxxxx is generally a person who is extremely skeptical of the main forum subject.

He is generally interested to make other forum members look stupid. A xxxxx will sometimes use insults to provoke other people to insult him. Then, he will complain to moderators of being insulted and will request that his opponents get banned from further discussion.

He (and in 90% of cases it is he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Sometimes, Internet xxxxx is trying to spin conflicting information, is questioning in an insincere manner, flaming discussion, insulting people, turning people against each other, harassing forum members, ignoring warnings from forum moderators.

Edited by Bill Miller

the question for you was simple: You ever show your face at COPA? I'll add, as a speaker or ATTENDEE. You've nothing to gain hiding behind Groden....

the question for you was simple: You ever show your face at COPA? I'll add, as a speaker or ATTENDEE. You've nothing to gain hiding behind Groden....

xxxxx on, David. Last year there was a joke made about the alteration guru and we know who that is. Groden is speaking there this year and he has said to me that he welcomes your questions.

Bill Miller

xxxxx on, David. Last year there was a joke made about the alteration guru and we know who that is. Groden is speaking there this year and he has said to me that he welcomes your questions.

Bill Miller

by all means, when can we expect, eh-hmm, Mr. Groden to appear on these pages?

Edited by David G. Healy

by all means, when can we expect, eh-hmm, Mr. Groden to appear on these pages?

And why would Groden come here to read the say-nothing idiotic replies that you make. Should I gather some more of them up for all to see??? Maybe if you take a look at them as a whole, then you could maybe better understand why you don't get the invites to the film showings - people just do not think you are serious enough to waste a chair on.

Bill

• 2 months later...

As a result of this email I have removed the article posted by Michael Hogan:

Please note that an article I wrote for the Toronto Star on the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas has been posted on your blog (Education Forum). This piece was posted without my permission - it is copyright protected and I would appreciate you removing it immediately. If you would like to add this article to your website/blog, please let me know where I can send the invoice for materials purchased. I make my living as a full time freelance writer and the work that I produce is not givenaway "for free." I am glad that you thought the piece worth posting, but I would have appreciated you approaching me to negotiate terms. Many thanks for your cooperation, Jo Matyas.

As a result of this email I have removed the article posted by Michael Hogan:

Please note that an article I wrote for the Toronto Star on the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas has been posted on your blog (Education Forum). This piece was posted without my permission - it is copyright protected and I would appreciate you removing it immediately. If you would like to add this article to your website/blog, please let me know where I can send the invoice for materials purchased. I make my living as a full time freelance writer and the work that I produce is not givenaway "for free." I am glad that you thought the piece worth posting, but I would have appreciated you approaching me to negotiate terms. Many thanks for your cooperation, Jo Matyas.

How very odd. I freelanced for the Toronto Star many moons ago, and the understanding was always that whatever The Star paid to print became its property in perpetuity. Perhaps things have changed, but I don't see how copyright resides with Jo Matyas, or why Matyas should be paid - twice - for something that the Star is still giving away for free [the link provided by Michael Hogan still works more than two months later, despite the Star's policy that internet content will only be available at no charge for a seven day period, after which it must be purchased.] Consequently, when Matyas states: " I make my living as a full time freelance writer and the work that I produce is not given away "for free." perhaps Matyas might explain why it is OK for the Star to still give it away "for free," but not alright for it to be used here. Perhaps Matyas has an issue to take up with The Star, rather than this Forum.

This is doubly odd when one realizes that Matyas' "trip was subsidized by the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau and Texas Tourism." Just how many different ways does a writer expect to be paid for the same material?

Presumably the Kingston, Ontario writer Jo Matyas is not the same person as Joe Matyas of London, Ontario who writes for Sun Media, the Toronto Star's arch rival in the Canadian newspaper wars. Neither periodical would think it cricket for the same person to write for both competitors at the same time.