The Education Forum

New Book: JFK and the Unspeakable

WTF .. I wake up and this book is 37 on Amazon. Unbelievable ... this book has zero viz is boycotted everywhere....

Dawn Meredith tells me that Oliver Stone gave Bill Maher a copy on air last night and told him to read it. That must be the reason for the huge jump in sales.

It seems that Stone still has very much a keen interest in the assassination.

Is this the only link to the show?

Is there a transcript of this?

It seems from the first image that Stone came out with the book and put it up to the camera and gave it to him first thing.

And John, is this the kind of thing you want to do?

I think Nate's idea of promoting the book, apparently picked up by Ollie, could throw the book over the top, if people continue to talk about it, write about it and give copies to friends of influence.

BK

http://broadcatching.wordpress.com/2009/06...r-june-26-2009/

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got the section where he actually gives him a copy of the book?

Part One shows Maher holding up a copy of the book.

This segment is 8:34 minutes long - If you skip up to 4:22 - they get into it briefly before Maher asks Stone about drugs and they get off on different topics.

I don't think Maher wants to talk about the assassination.

He says he read the books, but wants to talk about drugs.

It's a plug.

Here is the relevant part:

4:22

Oliver Stone: I’m doing a ten part documentary. I’ve been working on it for a year and a half about the American national security state and how it came to be. It’s a fascinating story. And one of the stories is the Kennedy story. And there’s book I was talking about….

Bill Maher: Yes, you sent it to me. I read it.

OS:James Douglas is a Catholic...this is very factual book about his murder it says here, ‘why he died and why it matters….the Kennedys - they had that moment in the sun when there was almost this nuclar war that almost wipped us out.

If Bush was in the White House we would have had a nuclear war.

Kennedy saying no.

If Reagan was in the White House. If Bush Sr. was in the White House.

Maybe Clinton.

Let’s be honest here.

Will Obama resist the military when they say push the button when the military says action is required…..?

BM: Everyone in the public’s eye is characterized in some way….. It must be terribly annoying to be caracturectured as the conspiracy guy, because you’re a lot more thoughtful than that.

OS: We’re in the same boat. Let’s fight for it. It’s a question of knowledge and you bring people on this show who are knowledgeable and smart, young. There’s hope. It’s gridlock verses knowledge. We know these things. Obama knows it. He’s an analytical man and ethical man…..How do you change health costs? The people on Wall Street tell me that the health care is the 600 pound guerilla in the room, or is it 800 pound guerilla in the room, followed by The Pentagon, climate control…these are three big guerillas…..

Edited by William Kelly

Good, maybe Maher has changed his tune on this issue. It would have to be a dramatic change, however, because I recall watching "Politically Incorrect" several years ago, where the guests were Michael Moore, Jim Belushi and Gerald Posner (don't remember the fourth). Posner was allowed free reign, spewing out his lies and distortions. Moore just sat there without comment, and Belushi mentioned how Bob Woodward had tried to sell his family on a "conspiracy theory" about his brother John's death (not sure what he meant- I read that book and don't recall anything like that other than some questions raised about the last woman to see him alive).

Maher, like so many others, claimed that he "used to believe" in conspiracy, but now totally believed Oswald acted alone. Shocker. I hope he actually has had a change of heart, but really doubt his sincerity. At any rate, it's nice to see Oliver Stone is still doing good work.

This segment is 8:34 minutes long - If you skip up to 4:22 - they get into it briefly before Maher asks Stone about drugs and they get off on different topics.

It's a plug.

Oliver Stone: I’m doing a ten part documentary. I’ve been working on it for a year and a half about the American national security state and how it came to be. It’s a fascinating story. And one of the stories is the Kennedy story. And there’s book I was talking about….

OS:James Douglas is a Catholic...this is very factual book about his murder it says here, ‘why he died and why it matters….the Kennedys - they had that moment in the sun when there was almost this nuclar war that almost wipped us out.

Kennedy saying no.

Maybe Clinton.

Let’s be honest here.

Will Obama resist the military when they say push the button when the military says action is required…..?

BM: Everyone in the public’s eye is characterized in some way….. It must be terribly annoying to be caracturectured as the conspiracy guy, because you’re a lot more thoughtful than that.

OS: We’re in the same boat. Let’s fight for it. It’s a question of knowledge and you bring people on this show who are knowledgeable and smart, young. There’s hope. It’s gridlock verses knowledge. We know these things. Obama knows it. He’s an analytical man and ethical man…..How do you change health costs? The people on Wall Street tell me that the health care is the 600 pound guerilla in the room, or is it 800 pound guerilla in the room, followed by The Pentagon, climate control…these are three big guerillas…..

Bill,

I am surprised that Stone would accept "advice" from Wall Street regarding "healthcare". Oliver Stone did a fantastic expose of Wall Street with his movie of the same name starring Michael Douglas. Stone showed that these guys on Wall Street were looters and murderers in the Venetian tradition.

President Obama intends to enact Hitler styled healthcare rationing, policies that will kill the "useless eaters". If you're 70 years or older he intends to "kill you". If you're poor, he intends to kill you, by denying you healthcare. What Obama and his healthcare advisers in the White House are proposing is "no different" than what Hitler enacted in 1939.

To have Stone parrot the "Obama/Wall Street" line that "healthcare" is the 600 lb gorilla is disturbing to say the least.

Healthcare is not broken, the real issue is the economy has been destroyed over the four decades since the murder of Kennedy. What's required is another Franklin Roosevelt who will crush these Wall Street parasites and start the job of rebuilding the US economy.

Just to show how dirty politics can be I am posting a quote from a famous "liberal" Senator regarding "Healthcare" for the third world nations. Does anyone care to venture a guess who made these comments/ recommendations?

Quote:

American industrial, high technology for the model of health care has hurt medical care in the United States, and we cannot allow it to be established elsewhere.... We need primary care facilities; facilities that will be run by local people to solve local problems. We need simple basic systems constructed from the ground up by people ... with a simple, basic drug list to meet local needs.

"We produce 25,000 pharmaceuticals in the United States; we cannot and should not export these. These drugs do not meet the needs of these people any more than costly diagnostic equipment does. They are simple people with simple problems. They have pain which should be alleviated, and it should be alleviated without using procedures or equipment which will frighten them. We must develop a list of essential drugs: aspirin, penicillin, malaria pills, as well as local herbal medicines that people can feel comfortable with."

And in the United States: "We would do better to close down our centers. That would provide for basic needs as well as contain costs. You don't need a physician on duty; paraprofessionals can tend to most problems, particularly in our urban poor centers. They can provide palliative care and appropriate drugs at a reasonable cost."

It's a plug.

Kennedy saying no.

Maybe Clinton.

Let’s be honest here.

I saw the show Friday. I wish Stone had actually mentioned the name of the book as some might not be able to see it on the cover, but I guess enough people have. This show will be rerun all week on HBO and should be available "On Demand" as of Monday.

It's a plug.

Kennedy saying no.

Maybe Clinton.

Let’s be honest here.

I saw the show Friday. I wish Stone had actually mentioned the name of the book as some might not be able to see it on the cover, but I guess enough people have. This show will be rerun all week on HBO and should be available "On Demand" as of Monday.

BINGO - HBO - Is the answer. Of course Maher won't talk with stone about the JFK assassination if he's tied in with Buglosi-Hanks-Paxtson - who now have a multi-million dollar investment in the Oswald-Lone Assassin Myth.

Can you imagine what James Douglas, the good Christian who runs an old folks home, could do with a $1 million if he got what the Bug got to have his book produced as a ten part TV special?

BK

Edited by William Kelly

WTF .. I wake up and this book is 37 on Amazon. Unbelievable ... this book has zero viz is boycotted everywhere....

Dawn Meredith tells me that Oliver Stone gave Bill Maher a copy on air last night and told him to read it. That must be the reason for the huge jump in sales.

It seems that Stone still has very much a keen interest in the assassination.

It's been a slow but steady build for the book from the beginning, but Oliver Stone's bringing it on the show and endorsing it, and Bill Maher's response--where he equated being a conspiracy theorist with being educated--clearly brought it to the tipping point. Still not carried by my local Borders, however. They'll special order it but won't carry it. They carry Bugliosi in both hardback and paperback, and carry Waldron, and have even carried Mellen and Fetzer. But not Douglass.

-----

Pat, I have noticed the same thing about all the "carried" books you have mentioned, but NOT A SINGLE BOOKSTORE IN NYC will carry Unspeakable. It is a decision that runs directly counter to the market, as Douglass' has far outsold all of those mentioned,in spite of its invisibility. Makes one wonder if it might have something to do with content. Still, it is difficult to imagine NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND SUCH A POPULAR BOOK IN ONE SINGLE BOOKSTORE IN NYC! Why am I the only person who finds this noteworthy?

Nathaniel, in this instance, I doubt it has anything to do with the book itself, and suspect it has everything to do with the book's publisher and distribution network. Larry Hancock's book ran into a similar problem. These books are essentially "indie" books, with poor distribution. People don't know where to find them, so they just buy them on Amazon. Thus, their high-ranking at Amazon in comparison to the NY Times best-seller lists.

I suspect this because I was an "indie" buyer for the record industry. I bought hundreds of millions of dollars of inventory for a large wholesaler, and resold them to small mom and pop stores (remember them?), and exporters. Since EVERY chain store in the country carried records like Thriller and Sgt. Pepper's, some of our best sellers were "indie" records without large corporate distribution. At one point, I remember noting that we sold more Ani DiFranco records than Mariah Carey. At another point I remember noting that we sold more Dead Kennedy's records than Michael Jackson. The biggest selling cd we ever had was Offspring's Smash. We sold something like 150,000 copies. By way of comparison, we only sold something like 50,000 copies of Alanis Morrissette's monster seller, Jagged Little Pill (which sold 5 times as much as Offspring nationwide).

It's a plug.

Kennedy saying no.

Maybe Clinton.

Let’s be honest here.

BINGO - HBO - Is the answer. Of course Maher won't talk with stone about the JFK assassination if he's tied in with Buglosi-Hanks-Paxtson - who now have a multi-million dollar investment in the Oswald-Lone Assassin Myth.

Can you imagine what James Douglas, the good Christian who runs an old folks home, could do with a $1 million if he got what the Bug got to have his book produced as a ten part TV special?

BK

You know, I've been thinking about this whole Oliver Stone-Bill Maher thing and it's quite unbelievable that they didn't even MENTION the NAME of the book - or the author - James Douglas' JFK & The Unspeakable - or did they cut it out and censor it?

Stone sends Maher the book ahead of time, and obviously wants to talk about it, and his 10 part project on USA National Security - one part of which is on JFK - and Maher says that he read the book, and holds it up for all to see - but they don't mention the name of the book - it really must be Unspeakable.

How can they talk about a book and hold it up without mentioning the name and the author?

BK

I'll have to watch again, but Stone did say the name of the book, and I don't recall if he mentioned the author.

Kathy, I transcribed the sequence they talk about the book in the first part of the YouTube excerpt - and they don't mention the name of the book although Stone says "James Douglas is a Catholic..."

If you can locate the part where he mentions the book I'd like to hear it.

I don't think they do.

Bill Kelly

Kennedy saying no.

Maybe Clinton.

Let’s be honest here.

Guest Tom Scully
Yes, and it was not at the first part. I will have to wait until it comes on again, but Stone said the name of the book to Maher.

Well, I believe you; we have the segement on YouTube, and if is there I'd like to hear it.

Relevant part II of the Oliver Stone interview is still up, here:

http://www.casttv.com/video/nllh8n1/real-t...cs-part-2-video

....enforcers have nearly succeeded in purging it's availability from the non-subscribing public....

stone.jpg

Edited by Tom Scully

Yes, and it was not at the first part. I will have to wait until it comes on again, but Stone said the name of the book to Maher.

Well, I believe you; we have the segement on YouTube, and if is there I'd like to hear it.

Relevant part II of the Oliver Stone interview is still up, here:

http://www.casttv.com/video/nllh8n1/real-t...cs-part-2-video

....enforcers have nearly succeeded in purging it's availability from the non-subscribing public....

stone.jpg

Okay, now I've seen this segment three times and transcribed it once, and I still don't hear the words "JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE."

Stone says "James Douglas is a Catholic" and he reads the second - half of the title - "Why he died and why it's important" - but am I missing something?

Maybe Stone mumbles the title, but I don't think he ever says it and Mahr certainly doesn't.

BK