The Education Forum
  • Announcements

• Evan Burton

OPEN REGISTRATION BY EMAIL ONLY !!! PLEASE CLICK ON THIS TITLE FOR INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION!:   06/03/2017

We have 5 requirements for registration: 1.Sign up with your real name. (This will be your Username) 2.A valid email address 3.Your agreement to the Terms of Use, seen here: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21403. 4. Your photo for use as an avatar  5.. A brief biography. We will post these for you, and send you your password. We cannot approve membership until we receive these. If you are interested, please send an email to: edforumbusiness@outlook.com We look forward to having you as a part of the Forum! Sincerely, The Education Forum Team
John Simkin

David Phillips's Unpublished Novel

On 6/18/2008 at 2:29 AM, John Simkin said:

It is true that Malcolm Blunt has a copy of the manuscript and made it available to Larry Hancock and Jeff Morley.

If Larry sees this, I would ask if this manuscript has seen greater availability since 2008?

I know portions of it have been circulated on the internet periodically, as Bill noted all this seems to go in cycles. I don't know that I ever posted it myself, my impression was that what is available could either have been drafted for a book or very possibly for a TV or media program...at about that time Phillips was pursing the possibility of a TV series on the CIA like the one on the FBI.  One of the things folks miss is that Phillips actually wrote several books, not just Nightwatch.  I recommend reading them as they give a lot more insight into his thoughts and attitudes at different points in time.

Honestly I didn't think anyone would ever take the few pages he drafted on this as any sort of confession....Phillips loved mind games though, its not out of reason that he was just playing with JFK conspiracy folks...

Phillips appears to have been loyal to the CIA during his retirement. He was employed in Counterintelligence and I would suggest sowing a false lead for people to latch onto was excellent use of his skills. His alleged confession to his brother doesn't match the story, and his apparent admission when debating Mark Lane (Oswald was never in Mexico City) doesn't match it either. What I do think can be taken from the book outline is a picture of what Phillips considered significant in the assassination. These elements include : What Oswald was doing in Mexico City and the awkward known facts about this episode, the strong suspicion that Phillips was involved in the assassination and with Oswald, and the link between assassination attempts on Castro and the JFK killing.