The Education Forum

A Couple of Real Gems from the "Harvey and Lee" Website

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

NAS 3835 designates the Naval Air Station at Atsugi.

You are correct. I contacted the National Archives some time ago and they said the same thing. The question becomes, is this fact by itself proof of 2 Oswalds when so much other evidence indicates otherwise?

Edited by W. Tracy Parnell

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

NAS 3835 designates the Naval Air Station at Atsugi.

Here's how I learned (confirmed) that:

First I did a thorough search for 3835 Navy and found that it is a Navy/Marine address used by the Fleet Post Office (FPO), which is in San Francisco.

If you want to mail something to a serviceman in the Navy or Marines, you send it to an address like

3835 FPO
San Francisco, CA

You need to provide further detail before the 3835 to get to the precise location/person. The FPO receives the parcel and forwards it to the location designated by the number, 3835 in this case.

I then did an thorough search for 3835 FPO and got numerous hits, but only a handful of them actually state what the location is. And all but one one of those had Atsugi. The one that didn't have Atsugi had Yokohama, which is nearby.

So 3835 most likely refers to the Atsugi area. Possibly to the Tokyo area, given that Atsugi and Yokohama are suburbs of Tokyo.

The code stamped on the Sick Call Reports is "NAS 3835 Navy." This, of course, is referring to the Naval Air Station at Atsugi.

Atsugi-Nas-Airport.8.gif

If anybody wants to confirm for themselves that 3835 designates Atsugi/Yokohama, search the following document for every occurrence of 3835. You'll see that the ones that list a location will be in the Atsugi area.

http://www.motobayashi.net/callbook/ka2.html

Thanks for doing this research, Sandy.  The number designations for several U.S. Naval Hospitals are  listed in Harvey and Lee, but to find a proof along the lines of yours, if memory serves, you have to dig through the online John Armstrong collection at Baylor University.

The Naval Hospital (#3835) at Atsugi has an interesting relationship to this case.

On October 27,  1957, American-born Lee Oswald shot himself through the front side of his left arm just above the elbow.  He was taken first to the Atsugi Hospital (#3835) and then to the nearby Navy Hospital (#3932)  at Yokosuku. A surgeon closed his wound there, but the slug was left in his arm for a week, until it was removed on  November 4 with a separate incision from the back.  Not surprisingly, neither scar just above the left elbow was found during the detailed reporting of the autopsy of “Lee Harvey Oswald.”  (Hardly surprising since it was Russian-speaking Harvey Oswald who was killed by Jack Ruby.)

BTW, if Tracy or anyone claims Greg Parker has debunked the above, and offers a link to said "debunking," that will make for a Whole Lotta Fun tomorrow.  I can't wait!

Regarding the medical papers - how do we know that Oswald's folder didn't just move with him as he moved? Or how do we know that they didn't radioed things in to the medical office, where things were recorded in a master file?

For example, if he's on the ship and the file's there, and he goes and sees someone about his genital problems, they write it down (or type it). Then when he leaves the ship, the file travels with him; he goes again and more data is added. And so on...

It seems like a really big leap of faith that Tracy documents his activities from ship to shore and ship again and then someone else, looking at his medical records and noticing that he's receiving medical care, makes the assumption that because he's receiving that care can't possibly be where Tracy documents his whereabouts.

And then to top if off - THAT is the proof that there were clones running around...in the military of all places?

On 3/28/2017 at 6:58 PM, Thomas Graves said:

"Dear James"

Why in the world did you label the two guys in the middle the way you did?  If anything you should have called the skinny blond guy "Azcue's Blond Oswald" or LEON (KGB officer Nikolai Leonov), and the husky one to his right "Mexico City Mystery Man," or perhaps, KGB agent Yuri Moskalev.

You do realize that these same two guys were photographed near the front entrance of the Soviet Embassy only eleven minutes apart on October 2, 1963, don't you?  One day after someone impersonated "Lee Oswald" over the phone?

--  Tommy  :sun

Here's the guy the CIA labeled "LEON," as in Leonov

Image result for nikolai leonov blond oswald

Here he is again in the second photo from the left.  Both photos were taken by the CIA in Mexico City at 12:05 pm on Tuesday, October 2, 1963, one day after Oswald had been impersonated on the phone.

4oswalds.jpg?dl=0

As we can see in the photo, below, Mexico City-based Nikolai Leonov was blond and very thin-faced, just like Cuban Consul Azcue said his 9/27/63 "blond Oswald" was.

Here's Leonov in his KGB uniform.  He rose to the rank of Lieutenant General in the KGB, and presently sits in the Russian Parliament.  He's a strong supporter of Vladimir Putin.

edited a bit and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tom

Before bumping a thread please  wait  for Hilarious Hargrove or Laughing  Larsen  to reply to my question  which I  think  has merit. Otherwise  if  you  post nothing  of  importance  and bump it everyone  goes  right  back to  the  echo  chamber.

Thanks

Mike  

PS I'm  not being snide

PPS I'm  not  being arrogant  

PPPS I  just  want  some  anawers

:D

12 hours ago, Michael Walton said:

Regarding the medical papers - how do we know that Oswald's folder didn't just move with him as he moved? Or how do we know that they didn't radioed things in to the medical office, where things were recorded in a master file?

For example, if he's on the ship and the file's there, and he goes and sees someone about his genital problems, they write it down (or type it). Then when he leaves the ship, the file travels with him; he goes again and more data is added. And so on...

It seems like a really big leap of faith that Tracy documents his activities from ship to shore and ship again and then someone else, looking at his medical records and noticing that he's receiving medical care, makes the assumption that because he's receiving that care can't possibly be where Tracy documents his whereabouts.

And then to top if off - THAT is the proof that there were clones running around...in the military of all places?

Because, Wilting Walton, it has already been established that “NAS NAVY 3835,” clearly stamped on the medical records, was the Navy Hospital at Atsugi, Japan, NOT a ship at sea or a medical facility in North Taiwan.  If you want to make the claim that U.S. Navy medical records are stamped with a location where a patient USED TO BE,  prove it!  Explain how USMC medical records could EVER be trusted to indicate the locations where procedures actually took place.  Are you seriously going to tell us it doesn’t matter?

If any of your silly excuses had any merit, explain why the brass at DOD couldn’t have discovered that themselves, instead of offering the embarrassing reply to Blakey’s question by simply denying that “Oswald” boarded the U.S.S. Skagit and traveled to Taiwan.  "Oswald did not sail from Yokosuka, Japan on September 16, 1958. He remained at NAS (Naval Air Station) Atsugi, as part of the MAG II rear echelon,” they lied.  They knew the paperwork told the tale.

Sec_Def_Taiwan.jpg?dl=0

Do you know how much evidence there is that Lee HARVEY Oswald was in Taiwan?

Can you say “Cover up?”  I didn’t think so.

1 hour ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Because, Wilting Walton, it has already been established that “NAS NAVY 3835,” clearly stamped on the medical records, was the Navy Hospital at Atsugi, Japan, NOT a ship at sea or a medical facility in North Taiwan.

No, it was the NAS at Atsugi, not specifically the Hospital:

https://www.archives.gov/san-francisco/finding-aids/holdings-guide-08.html

15 hours ago, Michael Walton said:

We don't know and your explanation may be the solution to the whole thing. But since we don't know for sure and it is hard to get the truth at this point, the H&L gang can continue on.

On 3/31/2017 at 3:29 AM, Michael Walton said:

Tom

Before bumping a thread please  wait  for Hilarious Hargrove or Laughing  Larsen  to reply to my question  which I  think  has merit. Otherwise  if  you  post nothing  of  importance  and bump it everyone  goes  right  back to  the  echo  chamber.

Thanks

Mike  

PS I'm  not being snide

PPS I'm  not  being arrogant  

PPPS I  just  want  some  answers

:D

Dear Mike,

I wouldn't have bumped this but for the unfortunate fact that you arrogantly used the phrase "nothing of importance."

--  Tommy :sun

BTW, your "Hilarious Hargrove" never responded to that old post (the one about KGB officer Nikolai Leonov), either.  So I hope you don't mind my bumping it, seein' as how it is my thread.

Edited by Thomas Graves

1 hour ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

We don't know and your explanation may be the solution to the whole thing. But since we don't know for sure and it is hard to get the truth at this point, the H&L gang can continue on.

Hah-hah-hah!  If you guys ever come up with any evidence for your pipe dreams, please try to wake me up.

Do you seriously think the Office of the U.S. Secretary of Defense said LEE Oswald "remained at NAS (Naval Air Station) Atsugi, as part of the MAG II rear echelon" because he really didn't but they just didn't want to say so?  They were clearly painted into a corner by the USMC docs.  

35 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

[...]

"Dear James"

Which Oswald do you think short, blond, very thin-faced KGB officer Nikolai Leonov was -- "Harvey" or "Lee"?  

You know, the guy near the Mexico City Soviet Embassy who was photographically captured by two cameras and labeled by the CIA as "LEON"?

You have one of those two photos on your website, the one second from the left, below.

4oswalds.jpg?dl=0

PS  Are you sure it was the Cuban Government that provided that CIA photo to the HSCA?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Sure.  The photo second from left was also given to CBS reporter Ed Rabie by Eusebio Azcue.  Azcue was interviewed by Rabie on the CBS Evening News of Aug. 3, 1978.  No one in the U.S. general public had seen this photo before.  After the assassination Azcue said the alleged assassin “did not even resemble” the man who had visited their consulate.  Silvia Duran also described this “Oswald” as a short man with blond hair.  But David Atlee Phillips of the CIA sure wanted us to believe “Oswald” was really at both the Russian Embassy and the Cuban Consulate in Mexico City.  Funny how no one was ever able to deliver a photo of anyone resembling Oswald, despite all those cameras and backup cameras. 

Edited by Jim Hargrove

17 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Sure.  The photo second from left was also given to CBS reporter Ed Rabie by Eusebio Azcue.  Azcue was interviewed by Rabie on the CBS Evening News of Aug. 3, 1978.  No one in the U.S. general public had seen this photo before.  After the assassination Azcue said the alleged assassin “did not even resemble” the man who had visited their consulate.  Silvia Duran also described this “Oswald” as a short man with blond hair.  But David Atlee Phillips of the CIA sure wanted us to believe “Oswald” was really at both the Russian Embassy and the Cuban Consulate in Mexico City.  Funny how no one was ever able to deliver a photo of anyone resembling Oswald, despite all those cameras and backup cameras. 

"Dear James"

What's your theory as to where the photo originated?  Cuban Intelligence?  Mexican Intelligence?  The Walt Disney Studio?

Or the Mexico City CIA's LILYRIC camera, focused on the area near the front entrance of the Soviet Embassy, at 12:05 pm, October 2, 1963?

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=4490&relPageId=3

PS  Why are you calling the man in the photo (and the burly, balding guy aka Mexico City Mystery Man in the photo next to him, who, btw, was photographed by the same LILYRIC camera just eleven minutes later at 12:16 -- see the "contact sheet, above) Lee Harvey Oswald without quotation marks?

Edited by Thomas Graves

I did some online searching and found that even today, most U.S. Navy ships do not have a medical staff on board, other than a couple of corpsmen.

On Answers.com I found the following:

Do navy ships have a doctor on board?

It depends on the size of the ship. In the U.S. Navy, cruisers, destroyers, and frigates normally do not have a doctor on board, they will have a couple of corpsmen, sort of super EMTs, to stabilize individuals until they can be medivaced to a ship or shore station with a hospital. Many  of the larger amphibious ships and aircraft carriers will have doctors and dentists aboard.

The U.S.S. Skagit is roughly the same size as cruisers, destroyers, and frigates. They all have a crew of about 300. In contrast, aircraft carriers have a crew on the order of 5000.

The U.S.S. Skagit would have had a sick bay. But it certainly would not have had a pathology lab for performing smear, culture, and sensitivity tests. And yet Oswald -- who certainly was aboard the ship at the time -- had two or three such lab tests performed, according to his sick call records.. The one given on September 16, 1958 specifically states "To Lab for Smear." To what lab?... if aboard the ship??

I just don't see how these tests could have been performed had Oswald been on board the U.S.S Skagit. And yet we know he was.

This points to there being two Oswalds.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

4 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I did some online searching and found that even today, most U.S. Navy ships do not have a medical staff on board, other than a couple of corpsmen.

On Answers.com I found the following:

Do navy ships have a doctor on board?

It depends on the size of the ship. In the U.S. Navy, cruisers, destroyers, and frigates normally do not have a doctor on board, they will have a couple of corpsmen, sort of super EMTs, to stabilize individuals until they can be medivaced to a ship or shore station with a hospital. Many  of the larger amphibious ships and aircraft carriers will have doctors and dentists aboard.

The U.S.S. Skagit is roughly the same size as cruisers, destroyers, and frigates. They all have a crew of about 300. In contrast, aircraft carriers have a crew on the order of 5000.

The U.S.S. Skagit would have had a sick bay. But it certainly would not have had a pathology lab for performing smear, culture, and sensitivity tests. And yet Oswald -- who certainly was aboard the ship at the time -- had two or three such lab tests performed, according to his sick call records.. The one given on September 16, 1958 specifically states "To Lab for Smear." To what lab?... if aboard the ship??

I just don't see how these tests could have been performed had Oswald been on board the U.S.S Skagit. And yet we know he was.

This points to there being two Oswalds.

Sandy,

Certainly?  LOL

Living in the Navy town of San Diego, I'll do some asking around, even if it means striking up a conversation with an old timer or two who are wearing their Navy "baseball caps" in the supermarket.

I certainly ain't shy.