The Education Forum

CNN Disservices History

This six part series, American Dynasties: The Kennedys, was part of a tripartite attack on the 50th MLK/RFK anniversary made up of Mr Nilli and his olds as the hills head bob, and Time Life's special magazine, Assassins Who Changed History piece of pulp.  Kennedys and King.com dealt with all three.

This six part documentary, in its own way, was just as rigid about the lives of the Kennedys as the Walter Cronkite/Dan Rather four part 1967 CBS special on the JFK murder.  Different  but related subject, same strategy: censorship and curtailment.  What have we come to when someone says that JFK should have been court--martialed for his heroism during the ramming of PT 109? But that is how low the MSM will abase itself when it comes to this subject.

I  was not going to watch this since I smelled a rat pretty early--I mean Larry Tye, Evan Thomas, Sally Bedell Smith?--but some people e mailed me about it.  So I did.  

A study in pre planned media manipulation. And I would not be surprised that if you could get the out takes you would see the talking heads being coached.  That  is how bad it was.

And Trump thinks CNN is too liberal.  What a joke.

https://kennedysandking.com/reviews/cnn-disservices-history-american-dynasties-the-kennedys

Someone posted this link at DPF.

Its an example of what the loopy left has become on the subject of first, JFK, and now RFK.  This Horne guy is a really bad.  Reminds me of that old adage, "Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but no one can create their own facts."

Bobby Kennedy in on the overthrow of Sukarno?  Bobby Kennedy was against the Vietnam War for political gain?  When in fact he was in on the composition of NSAM 263 in October of 1963 and counseled LBJ not to militarize  the war in 1964?  He was McCarthy's hatchet man?  When, in fact, he quit that committee over their tactics and then retired the Peress and Moss case and wrote a critical report that started the senate on the road to censure of McCarthy?

https://sputniknews.com/radio_loud_and_clear/201806071065173600-robert-kennedys-assassination-and-how-it-changed-politics-in-america/

Really makes you wonder just how much unwarranted influence Cockburn and Chomsky had back in 1992. Counterpunch, Cockburn's magazine, did not have one article on the 50th anniversary of RFK's death.  Of course , if they had, it would have been like this Horne guy. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

This Horne guy is a really bad.

Whew. When I read that I assumed you were talking about Douglas Horne. I wondered what has happened.

No, does not look like Doug to me.

http://www.uh.edu/class/history/faculty-and-staff/horne_g/

BTW, Doug is actually Ok on JFK's foreign policy.

That station that Gerald Horne was on, sputnik radio, it looks like the equivalent of RT to me.  So I am going to try and contact them to see if I can get a rebuttal on the air.

I should have dug a bit deeper.

The principal production entity for American Dynasties: The Kennedys was a London company called Raw TV.

But they were bought by Discovery Channel in 2004.

Now, that should ring a bell for everyone here.  Because DIscovery Channel was the cable network that did the late Gary Mack's pitiful productions, like Inside the Target Car and JFK: The Ruby Connection.

Small World isn't it?

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I should have dug a bit deeper.

The principal production entity for American Dynasties: The Kennedys was a London company called Raw TV.

But they were bought by Discovery Channel in 2004.

Now, that should ring a bell for everyone here.  Because DIscovery Channel was the cable network that did the late Gary Mack's pitiful productions, like Inside the Target Car and JFK: The Ruby Connection.

Small World isn't it?

Absolutely.  DC programs have zero credibility. 

And to hammer that home, click above on Pamela's article written from inside one of their productions, the  tawdry Inside the Target Car.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/inside-inside-the-target-car-my-experiences-as-limo-researcher-for-the-show

Edited by James DiEugenio