The Education Forum

Are JFK forums constuctive?

Al,  I do appreciate your words because I did not think it was fair that when you and Tim were debating only Tim got barred from the forum, then Wim when he came to Tim's defense. 

You continue to misrepresent the reasons Tim and Wim were banned from this forum. Tim’s dispute with Al was the straw that broke the camel’s back. The same goes for Wim. I gave a detailed account of these events at the time. You appear to be the only one who wants to keep on bringing it up. This you are free to do. However, it will not make me change my mind. The decision has been made. I believe the forum is a much better place because of that decision. This is reflected by the existence of some excellent threads at the moment.

This board ( and Lancer, where I used to be an active member ) have helped me see the viewpoints of several other people, and made me reconsider my own at times.

I didn't join Wim's for one reason: because I KNEW it'd be taken over by Vernon. It was predictable. I haven't been over there to check it out, but hearing from you - I'm guessing that's what's going on.

There's always going to be someone, on any topic, trying to bring you down - and there's always going to be infighting. I REFUSE to fight with anyone, it's silly, it's childish, and there is no point. People who attempt to offend me, will simply be ignored. I'm not going to take time out of my day, to get bent out of shape over what someone I'll never meet thinks about me ( hell, I don't care what people I KNOW think about me ).

The maturity you are showing for someone of your age is impressive, Nick.

This board ( and Lancer, where I used to be an active member ) have helped me see the viewpoints of several other people, and made me reconsider my own at times.

I didn't join Wim's for one reason: because I KNEW it'd be taken over by Vernon. It was predictable. I haven't been over there to check it out, but hearing from you - I'm guessing that's what's going on.

There's always going to be someone, on any topic, trying to bring you down - and there's always going to be infighting. I REFUSE to fight with anyone, it's silly, it's childish, and there is no point. People who attempt to offend me, will simply be ignored. I'm not going to take time out of my day, to get bent out of shape over what someone I'll never meet thinks about me ( hell, I don't care what people I KNOW think about me ).

I appreciate the imput from everyone.  I agree with Pam the most. Actually I agree in part with everyone's posts.

I was very tired when I posted last nite, so made typos, did not express myself well. By agenda what I meant was not someone trying to sell a theory, but something far more sinister.

I have been in this  world-(" critical community")-  too long not to believe that there are many paid disinformation artists out there whose sole purpose is to destroy our attempts, be it on a forum, where it's so easy to hide and pretend to care about who killed jfk,  but in fact are causing dissent and keeping people bogged down in this  really fake dissent,  THIS  being this person's true goal.

That was the agenda to which I was referring.

Real dissent, over real issues in this case is constructive, and contribute greatly to the puzzle.

I disagree about Wim.  I do not know him personally, but I do believe he is sincere.  I believe he is completely interested in solving this case, in fact I know it.

I do hope he gets rid of BV on his forum.  I think Wim, like you John, was trying to allow all views and in that regard Vernon stepped in and took over.

In the spirit of what you (John) called "divergent thinkers".

Al,  I do appreciate your words because I did not think it was fair that when you and Tim were debating only Tim got barred from the forum, then Wim when he came to Tim's defense. 

Dawn

Dawn, this issue is getting very tiresome. Apparently you have issues with everything being fair and perfect and still cannot appreciate the totality of the circumstances. Well, life is not always fair and I refuse to continue to apologize for being attacked by people who don't like what I post, and instead of researching it or finding qualified persons to challenge it, attack me personally.

Poor Tim who was removed from here and Lancer not only went after John but also sent e-mails to my chief, an Administration Division Commander and the Chief's secretary (apparently he could not find an e-mail address for the janitor) accusing me of threatening him and misconduct as a police officer. Now I had to spend an hour explaining what was going on. And it is still not over. He took what I said out of context and also misinterpreted what I wrote. My reference to "bringing a feather duster to a gunfight" was interpreted by Tim to my superiors as a threat to shoot him apparently. When in context it referred to debating issues that he did not have the understanding or background to debate. When I posted that I would run into him at a conference someday and we could address this man to man was perceived by him in reporting to my superiors as a threat to harm him. Instead of what it actually meant in context, that it should be addressed between the two of us and not wasting space on open forum. If I planned on harming Tim at a conference, I surely would not have stated so on open forum.

When I challenged Files issues with ballistic knowlege, Wim who does not have any background with weaponry and ballistics, searched the internet until he found right wing radicals talk groups and found some extremist to challenge me who obviously knew less about ballistics than the average Joe. When this was pointed out, he misrepresented what I posted to John and he sided with the opposing views against me. We now are in agreement with most ballistic issues. (the issues with Wim came on the Lancer forum).

I am done dealing with this crap and will continue to post here as long as Mr. Simkin allows me to do so. I have done nothing wrong, other than bringing myself down to their levels.

Al

Al Carrier Posted Today, 06:21 AM

QUOTE(Dawn Meredith @ Jan 6 2005, 01:25 PM)

I appreciate the imput from everyone.  I agree with Pam the most. Actually I agree in part with everyone's posts.

I was very tired when I posted last nite, so made typos, did not express myself well. By agenda what I meant was not someone trying to sell a theory, but something far more sinister.

I have been in this  world-(" critical community")-  too long not to believe that there are many paid disinformation artists out there whose sole purpose is to destroy our attempts, be it on a forum, where it's so easy to hide and pretend to care about who killed jfk,  but in fact are causing dissent and keeping people bogged down in this  really fake dissent,  THIS  being this person's true goal.

That was the agenda to which I was referring.

Real dissent, over real issues in this case is constructive, and contribute greatly to the puzzle.

I disagree about Wim.  I do not know him personally, but I do believe he is sincere.  I believe he is completely interested in solving this case, in fact I know it.

I do hope he gets rid of BV on his forum.  I think Wim, like you John, was trying to allow all views and in that regard Vernon stepped in and took over.

In the spirit of what you (John) called "divergent thinkers".

Dawn

Dawn, this issue is getting very tiresome. Apparently you have issues with everything being fair and perfect and still cannot appreciate the totality of the circumstances. Well, life is not always fair and I refuse to continue to apologize for being attacked by people who don't like what I post, and instead of researching it or finding qualified persons to challenge it, attack me personally.

Poor Tim who was removed from here and Lancer not only went after John but also sent e-mails to my chief, an Administration Division Commander and the Chief's secretary (apparently he could not find an e-mail address for the janitor) accusing me of threatening him and misconduct as a police officer. Now I had to spend an hour explaining what was going on. And it is still not over. He took what I said out of context and also misinterpreted what I wrote. My reference to "bringing a feather duster to a gunfight" was interpreted by Tim to my superiors as a threat to shoot him apparently. When in context it referred to debating issues that he did not have the understanding or background to debate. When I posted that I would run into him at a conference someday and we could address this man to man was perceived by him in reporting to my superiors as a threat to harm him. Instead of what it actually meant in context, that it should be addressed between the two of us and not wasting space on open forum. If I planned on harming Tim at a conference, I surely would not have stated so on open forum.

When I challenged Files issues with ballistic knowlege, Wim who does not have any background with weaponry and ballistics, searched the internet until he found right wing radicals talk groups and found some extremist to challenge me who obviously knew less about ballistics than the average Joe. When this was pointed out, he misrepresented what I posted to John and he sided with the opposing views against me. We now are in agreement with most ballistic issues. (the issues with Wim came on the Lancer forum).

I am done dealing with this crap and will continue to post here as long as Mr. Simkin allows me to do so. I have done nothing wrong, other than bringing myself down to their levels.

Al

Al if this is true of what Tim did, I will have to say that he has sunk to a level far lower than what I could have imagined.

Telling your superiors that you have physically threatened him is a punch below the belt (I read all of Tim's and your postings, and did not find anything threatening, certainly not to a level such as he is attempting to indicate).

Desperate people try desperate measures.

Al if this is true of what Tim did, I will have to say that he has sunk to a level far lower than what I could have imagined.

Telling your superiors that you have physically threatened him is a punch below the belt (I read all of Tim's and your postings, and did not find anything threatening, certainly not to a level such as he is attempting to indicate).

I have been aware of what Tim has been doing to Al. There are also a lot of other things I have been unable to reveal. I hope this illustrates the point that administrators of forums cannot always give the full reasons for their actions. However, I assure you, I always take action that I think will benefit the long-term health of the forum.

I suggest you visit this forum if you want to know what happens when you allow Bob, Wim and Tim complete freedom to insult each other.

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47