The Education Forum

Oswald's print on the rifle

In a diiferent Forum (I think it was "JFK Murder Solved") I saw a lengthy e-mail from Jim Marrs (to a "lone nutter" I believe). In this e-mail Marrs states that the funeral director of the funeral home where Oswald was TOLD Marrs that he (the director) had seen an FBI agent use Oswald's body to plant a print on the rifle.

Are people familiar with this claim?

In a diiferent Forum (I think it was "JFK Murder Solved") I saw a lengthy e-mail from Jim Marrs (to a "lone nutter" I believe).  In this e-mail Marrs states that the funeral director of the funeral home where Oswald was TOLD Marrs that he (the director) had seen an FBI agent use Oswald's body to plant a print on the rifle.

The problem with this claim is that the palm print was not found by the FBI but by the DPD. The FBI inspected the same rifle and found NO palm print. Apparently, sometimes the lifting of a print removes it. This is supposedly what happened.

In his book Crossfire (p. 444), Marrs says that funeral director Paul Groody told him that the FBI fingerprinted Oswald's corpse. No mention of the rifle. But Marrs also says that FBI agent Richard Harrison confirmed to Gary Mack that he had personally driven another agent and the rifle to the funeral home. Harrison understood that the agent intended to put Oswald's palm print on the rifle "for comparison purposes."

According to Marrs, it was not until November 29 that the palm print that DPD Lt. Day claimed to have lifted from the rifle on 11/22 arrived at the FBI and was identified as Oswald's. Even the Warren Commission doubted this evidence, but only in an internal memo of course. In its report it cited the palm print as strong evidence of Oswald's guilt.

Ron

In this e-mail Marrs states that the funeral director of the funeral home where Oswald was TOLD Marrs that he (the director) had seen an FBI agent use Oswald's body to plant a print on the rifle.

In one of the original "Men Who Killed Kennedy", the funeral director says that the FBI came back to the funeral home and asked to be alone with LHO's body. It was his opinion that they could have planted the fingerprint on the rifle at that time (from memory, I'll have to look at the clip to confirm).

Bill Charleston

Guest Stephen Turner

The problem I have with this story is, as I understand,only one print was ever found on the rifle, this was a "Partial palm print"not a finger print. Also, why, if you are going to fake evidence do you place the print in such a way that the rifle has to be partially dismantled to reveal it. Does this make sence?

The problem I have with this story is, as I understand,only one print was ever found on the rifle, this was a "Partial palm print"not a finger print. Also, why, if you are going to fake evidence do you place the print in such a way that the rifle has to be partially dismantled to reveal it. Does this make sence?

I believe the nature of the palm print was such that it was determined to have been an old print, from some time before the assassination. The palm print at best lends credence to the fact that it was Oswald's gun, and has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not Oswald fired it that day. It may even be evidence against his firing the weapon that day, since he had no access to gloves at work that anyone has reported and since he left no fresh prints. (Will Smith?)

More important than Oswald's print on the rifle is Wallace's print on the box. If it is Wallace's print.

One would think that the FBI, which is supposed to work for the people (not on and against them), would want to help clear this up. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Ron