The Education Forum

Peter Jennings Dies

John, Bush was re-elected because Kerry just did not "get it". I read an interesting article (unfortunately cannot remember where, in "The New Yorker" if memory serves me) and it was quoting Sen. Joseph Biden who had, to his frustration, unsuccessfully advised Kerry to concentrate his message on the need for fighting terrorism. The American people believed that it was President Bush who was most interested and devoted to protecting the US from terrorism.

There is a reason why Hilary Clinton is adopting a conservative stand on national defense and security issues.

I've said this before: since Kennedy was "elected" in 1960, there has been no Democrat elected President from a state north of the Mason-Dixon line. There is a reason for that.

I think a lot of the American public saw Kerry as quote similar to the last Massachusets resident the Democrats ran for President.

James wrote:

Then you are missing out on Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and good old Oliver North. Nothing like being fair and balanced.

Well that certainly is fair and balanced. I'll let the other members try to decide which of the three is to the left, which is in the center and which is farthest to the right.

I think a lot of the American public saw Kerry as quote similar to the last Massachusets resident the Democrats ran for President.

Come on, Tim. You know why Bush was elected. Rightly or wrongly, Bush and Rove painted John Kerry, a church-going Catholic, as un-Christian and against family values (code for him not sufficiently fearing homosexuals and his respecting the rights of full-grown women to decide what is best for their own bodies). Kerry won by a HUGE margin in all states and cities where a terrorist strike was likely. This election was all about moral choices and posturing--Bush acts like a cowboy and cowboys are GOOD, Kerry acts like a statesman and statesman are BAD. Of people who voted in 2000, Kerry won decisively. Of people with a college education, Kerry won decisively. The problem was that millions of new voters emerged from the Bible Belt who were conned into thinking Jesus wanted them to vote for Bush. These people were spoon-fed lies and propaganda by Right Wing "think"tanks and organizations. Using Church e-mail lists, these organizations sent out millions of e-mails telling phony stories about Kerry's war record (some actually called him a commie sympathizer) and using Church address lists they sent out millions of report cards reflecting the various candidates grades on such courses as "sanctimony of the family" (gay marriage) and "teaching homosexuality to school children" (allowing gay teachers to hold onto their jobs). It was probably the lowest election in recent history, with the shadiest and most revolting tactics ever used by a sitting president (well, except for your boy Nixon in 72).

Bush was re-elected . . . Kennedy was "elected"

Tim,

Why does one get quotation marks but not the other? (No reply necessary.)

Ron

Guest Stephen Turner

I find it just amazing that anyone who watches a Murdock owned station believes that they are getting something called "The news". At least Soviet citizens knew they were being fed propaganda.

Dawn, hate to correct you but Jennings never worked for CBS.

That was Dan Rather.

Jennings worked for ABC.

Personally, I prefer Fox News.

____________________________-

Tim:

I was responding to Pat's post.

Go back and read this damn thread before you start with your condescending

replies.

I know full well who Jennings worked for, and who Dan I'd Rather-not worked for.

Since you're clearly "back", I will now utilize Shanet's great idea re your posts.

And since you suddenly have the time again to post on every thread, to re-remind us that the Commies killed JFK and that you like Fox news,- (BIG SURPRISE)-- how about answering the question I posed to you:

Why were you disbarred?

Dawn

. We assume it is because of your corrupted media that the American people have elected George Bush as president. Virtually no one in Europe believes he was voted in on merit.

John: There has been an incredible amount of proof that the election was stolen.

Have to go to work, but when I get time I will find some important docs and links and start my own thread, at the proper place: "political conspiracies".

Dawn