The Education Forum

Clean Van

I purchased this image from the Corbis site.

For the first time i am now able to read what is written on the van.

The sighn on the CLEAN van reads.

CLEAN towel & linen

service

Enjoy the image.

click on the photo to see it FULL size.

Edited by Robin Unger

I have more images, and will post as time allows.

If you reply to my first post, "please take out the image link" part of the quote, as the image is far too large to be posted over and over again.

Thanks.

Edited by Robin Unger

I have more images, and will post as time allows.

If you reply to my first post, "please take out the image link" part of the quote, as the image is far too large to be posted over and over again.

Thanks.

Click on photo below to see FULL size.

Nice work Robin!

Does anyone have a Cole's 1963 Dallas Directory that can verify the existence of such a business?

- lee

and if so, note if a J. Branum is mentioned, please,

Thanks for sharing Robin.

Hi Trygve.

Thanks for the comments.

I received an email from Gary Mack re: CLEAN towel & linen service co.

QUOTE:

Hi Robin,

The truck sign refers to the Clean Towel & Linen Service Company at 2431 Weisenberger Street in Fort Worth, Texas. The home office was about 35 miles due west of Dealey Plaza via the old toll road (now Interstate 30). I don't have access to a Fort Worth directory, but I found the above information in the 1964 Dallas telephone book.

Gary Mack

Robin, I just want to express my gratitude for the copious and generous sharing of infrmation (photo's ) etc that you have so much over a long time done. It really helps to move things along for differnet people in many ways. Thank you.

Edited by John Dolva

Robin, I just want to express my gratitude for the copious and generous sharing of infrmation (photo's ) etc that you have so much over a long time done. It really helps to move things along for differnet people in many ways. Thank you.

Thanks John.

I appreciate the kind words.

You deserve them, Robin. It applies to many others too. It typifies the community spirit that a forum like this should have, and also where the only 'agenda' is a search for truth. There are many roads there, and together, remembering that one persons junk is anothers treasure, like this, in sharing we may all get there one day. I see things in these images that probably are ridiculous to consider by some and vice versa. That's just how it is and it doesn't mean anyone is wrong (or right). But in exchanging our ideas and resources we might all gain something.

Edited by John Dolva

Hi Robin:

Thanks for the clear copies of the photos...

The last you posted is a Wiliam Allen...he and Jim Murray were in that area together,

and took many, similar in appearance ,but with differences..in angles..

B....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Hi Robin:

Thanks for the clear copies of the photos...

The last you posted is a Wiliam Allen...he and Jim Murray were in that area together,

and took many, similar in appearance ,but with differences..in angles..

B....

Thanks Bernice.

Yeh, i wasn't 100% sure who the photographer was. !