W - F 6

Edited by John Dolva

W - B 7

Edited by John Dolva

W - B 6

Edited by John Dolva

W - C 4

Edited by John Dolva

Norman, I feel inclined to make it more difficult for myself. Again, I think your last few moves indicate an increasing sublety. You're shedding the baby fat as it were. Quite rapidly. A penny must have dropped. Anyway, I think for some time now it has been obvious that the central left white shape is a goner.

Therefore: its value lies in its potential as a threat. As long as you must respond, I, meanwhile, can do things that later you would wish I hadn't. What to do? Firmly cement central victory. Or find that soft unbderbelly that decisively grabs sente. Which often happens to be the opponents best play. Just don't forget that once you have sente you must keep it as long as possible.

The past is past. It has created what is now.

What is done now creates what is done in the future.

edit typo, format

Edited by John Dolva

W - C 5

Edited by John Dolva

W - D 5

Edited by John Dolva

Comment: ref to rules for links to more detailed explanations. Each game has three basic stages.

The Beginning

The Middle

The End

In this game as it started with Norman as a beginner (to where he now begins to stretch me to the limit, tho one never knows for a while). Necessarily, to encourage and to maintain a mutual honor, the beginning and the middle blurred. Not for a while yet (I think) there will be a definite sense that The End has begun. I recommend keeping this in mind and preparing for it. But, like I said I don't think it will be for a while yet. We'll see.

B - E 4

Thanks for the warning. I have just got to a chapter halfway through my 'Go' book. (I say 'my' - I could be in dead trouble if the Library says I can't renew it any more!) The opening paragraph states: 'You will certainly win and lose many games just on your understanding of the small number of facts on the next few pages ...'