W - L 19

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W - M 9

W - N 8 atari

W - N 11

Norman, it is not necessary to take pieces that can safely be considered ones own already. There is no way I can salvage those and all you do with that move is fill in your territory. I suggest reconsidering it.

At the end, when both have said 'GO' (pass), they will be taken off and added to your lot of taken pieces.

Then the vacant territory and the taken pieces added to calculate the 'score' of each player.

Thanks John. Despite my reading, I am still unable to distinguish between what's dead, what's alive, and what's being contested! (My computer 'Go' is not very sensible on the subject either.) Your comment answers two of the hundred or so questions I've got on the subject in one fell swoop. Prepare for many more similar errors .....

Previous move withdrawn.

B - R 19

Edited by Norman Pratt

Good move, Norman.

That's the move I should have made earlier. As a consequence I lose 2 points in defending. (actually 4 : if I had made that move I would have gained 2, as well as not having sente for the duration of the play in that shape, giving you the next best move, which can be critical at this stage, though of course by making another move earlier allows for other permutations. We're rapidly nearing the mopping up stage where no points are made and leads to 'GO'.)

W - S 15

Edited by John Dolva

W - R 3

W - P 2

Edited by John Dolva