The Education Forum

"Jefferson Davis Tippitt"

You have no right to question my integrity !

I did no such thing. Again you are mistaken.

Originally, you never claimed you read Harvey & Lee, only that you "have read and continue to refer to Armstrong's

work." That could be the internet; it could be anywhere. How do you expect me or any other reader to know whether you read his book or not?

I'm tempted to respond more to your invective-laden posts, but my self-control got the better of me.

Michael Hogan

There was nothing "invective laden" in my post to Jack White in which I stated that I had read Armstrong and disagreed with his conclusions. Your opinions that I like many others claim to have read Harvey and Lee, when in fact we have not is what upped my "ire"... as it should have in anyone posessing any degree of self respect.

Anyone on this forum can read this entire thread to verify this. All you have done is present "lame excuses" for your very ungentlemanly behavior. Your excuses are juvenille as was your original inexcusable accusation.

Please don't waste your time further explaining your "logic" to me !

Charles Black

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RJS,

By the way, nobody names anybody with a name or a nickname that doesn't stand for anything.

If Jay Dee was his real and only name, then he had an uncle or a godfather or his father had a buddy in the service with that name or there was an instance that created a reason for him to be named J. D. and those initials stand for something. If not Jefferson Davis then John Doe, but not nothing.

I understand that it is the Tippit family who says that Tippit was named JD and that it is not an abriviation for Jeff Davis, and the meaning might not be Jeff Davis, but it is, I can assure you, means something. And the family's reluctance to acknowledge or reveal what it means makes me even more suspicious of what it really does mean.

Just like a murder conviction requires proof of means, motive and opportunity, those who claim Oswald executed JFK and Tippit can't come up with a motive, other than he killed JFK for fame (yet denied the deed) and killed Tippit in the getaway.

With a new sheriff and DA in Dallas, it would probably be easier to get a local Dallas Grand Jury to review the Tippit murder than JFK, and answer all the outstanding questions, including why the victim was named "JD" and how the Tippit murder really is the Rosetta Stone of Dealey Plaza.

BK

Bill,

You're adding suspicion where there is none. You can assure me it means something when JD's brothers assure us it doesn't? Is it really suspicious that a poor someone born in rural Texas in 1924 could carry such a moniker? Nobody names anyone with a nickname? No one? Ever?

"Edgar Lee and Lizzie Mae Tippit named their son JD, after a character in a book Edgar once read, JD of the Mountains. 'The initials JD, despite some claims over the years, never stood for anything.'"

Don Tippit, November 13, 1999

Thank you,

So it doesn't mean nothing, it does mean something and did come from somewhere - a book Edgar Lee Tippit once read - "JD of the Mountains" !

Add that to the JFK Assassination bibliography.

Thank you, RJS and D.T.

BK - BK of the Jersey Pines.

Since this thread has established that it's title "Jefferson Davis Tippit" is a false suposition, and that JD Tippit was named not after the President of the Confederacy, but from the title of a book "JD of the Mountains," it would be appropriate to at least try to bring it around on topic.

If there is anyone interested in JD Tippit of the DPD?

Since the issue of the wallet and Armstrong/Myers is delt with in another thread, is there anyone interested in discussing JD Tippit of the DPD, and whether the resolution of his still-unsolved homicide would lead to solving the mysteries of Dealey Plaza?

BK

Guest Mark Valenti
Since the issue of the wallet and Armstrong/Myers is delt with in another thread, is there anyone interested in discussing JD Tippit of the DPD, and whether the resolution of his still-unsolved homicide would lead to solving the mysteries of Dealey Plaza?

BK

I've always been interested in the mention of Tippitt's sexual affair with someone in Dallas at the time of his death. If it's a lie, it should be knocked down. If it's true it deserves to get larger play than it does.

Also, I remember reading an internal police memo concerning Tippitt which I believe characterized him as nearly mentally defective - or at the very least badly wanting in brain power. Is anyone else familiar with this memo?

I'm also interested to know if Tippitt had any history in racial politics, segregationists or Birchers.

I realize there are Tippitt survivors around and I don't want to add to their family burden but given his proximity to a historical event, these issues are important.

BK

I've always been interested in the mention of Tippitt's sexual affair with someone in Dallas at the time of his death. If it's a lie, it should be knocked down. If it's true it deserves to get larger play than it does.

Also, I remember reading an internal police memo concerning Tippitt which I believe characterized him as nearly mentally defective - or at the very least badly wanting in brain power. Is anyone else familiar with this memo?

I'm also interested to know if Tippitt had any history in racial politics, segregationists or Birchers.

I realize there are Tippitt survivors around and I don't want to add to their family burden but given his proximity to a historical event, these issues are important.

As I recall, the lady's name was Witherspoon, and I think she was a waitress.

I think she lived in the neighborhood where Tippit was killed.

The HSCA looked into this. The late Larry Ray Harris studied it extensively.

Nobody knows what happened to all of Larry's research after he died a

"convenient" death. I bet the Mary Ferrell archive has something; look up

Witherspoon-Tippit.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

BK

As I recall, the lady's name was Witherspoon, and I think she was a waitress.

I think she lived in the neighborhood where Tippit was killed.

The HSCA looked into this. The late Larry Ray Harris studied it extensively.

Nobody knows what happened to all of Larry's research after he died a

"convenient" death. I bet the Mary Ferrell archive has something; look up

Witherspoon-Tippit.

Jack

Here's the HSCA Report on Witherspoon.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=41

I now realize that for many years I had, semi sub consciously, attempted to separate Oswald from Tippits murder. I had even gone so far to publicly post that perhaps Mrs. Roberts had made up the story of the Police car stopping and sounding its horn only for the sake of attention getting. She did say that there were "two" persons in the vehicle and I tried to partially use that to thwart her story. I now have come to believe her story. If I am not mistaken, there was a police uniform hanging inside the vehicle that could have been taken for another person. I cannot verify this, but in something that I read many years ago, this uniform was said not to have belonged to Tippitt. If anyone can clarify this it could be an interesting point as the uniform may have been carried for a "civilian" to don and appear to be a policeman and not a suspect. I searched last night but could not find my source regarding the uniform. Perhaps someone else may have come upon this. If true, it adds a very interesting twist.

Regarding the wallet.....I am frankly confused at conflicting reports. I believe that one wallet was removed from LHO "after" his arrest. I know that one wallet was left at the Paine household.

It has been suggested to me, I think by Gary Mack, that the wallet at the Tippit scene was Tippitt's wallet, and that this has been verified by both photos and testimony from the Tippitt family. I am certain that those of you who have studied JD Tippitt much closer than have I, may have more of a handle on this question.

My apologies are offered to anyone I may have offended by titling this post "Jefferson Davis" Tippitt. I came by this name from an assassination book that is somewhere in my collection. I have never spoken to a member of the Tippitt family to verify this.

Charles Black

Guest Mark Valenti

From an earlier post by James Richards on the forum:

Below is an interview Jack Moriarity, of the HSCA, had with Johnnie Maxie

Witherspoon, in 1977, in which she mentions Clara Jo Monk.

Johnnie Maxie Witherspoon was interviewed in her home on 9-24-77 by Jack

Moriarity and two other members of the House Select Committee. At the

time she was unemployed.

Information collected at that time:

Date of birth: 10-10-34, Height 5'1", Weight 130, Eyes: Blue, Hair

Blonde.

Wears glasses and is right handed.

Had been Tippit's girl friend 1961-1963

Husband in 1963: Stephen Thompson Jr.

Thompson "is remarried. He and wife have a nightclub and love it

now. They had been in the antique business."

"Tippit had shown an interest in another female employee at Austin's

barbaque by the name of Clara Jo Monk, a car hop and waitress. ( Married

to a truck driver)."

The investigators were especially interested in the station wagon that

J.D. had bought while the two were dating. Moriarity: " During

that time J.D. Tippit bought what may have been

a new station wagon, may have been a Pontiac and it might have been the

color blue, is that right?"

Johnnie: "To the best that I can remember, yes."

Moriarity: "Would this have been about a 1963, if you recall, or a

62? I know it was within that three year period but was this toward the

end of your relationship or at the beginning of it?" Johnnie: "

Closer to the end of it I believe." I think that they were

interested in the station wagon because a station wagon fitting that

description was seen driving around the TSBD before the motorcade

entered Dealey Plaza. However, it was described as an Oldsmobile.

Johnnie's mother, Verda Mae Herell, was interviewed on 3-14-78.

Verda worked at the Clifton Towers Coffee Shop located on Ballard ( one

block from the Dobbs House where LHO stopped for breakfast. Lee had also

eaten at her place of employment. Verda: "He was a regular dinner

customer. He never talked to anyone except to her when he ordered his

regular hamburger platter and left a 25 cent tip."

Her boss was Zerrell Owen. Verda said that there were few tears when

JFK was killed because they "were all Republicans." Also working

there was a "black boy cook" Amos (Euins) , about 16, whose parents,

brother and sister worked there. On 11-22-63, the police called advising

that they were holding Amos as a witness as he saw JFK shot.

Verda knew Tippit well. She used to sit in a booth and talk to J.D.

about raising kids. "He was interested in the subject..." She was aware

of his three jobs and said "the saddest aspect of the entie tragedy was

the development of the older son in the wrong direction. It happened

from the moment of J.D's. death."

So the PR surrounding Tippitt is that he was a loving family man. Hmm...

Also, it has been said of him that he was a bright, savvy cop. But in the Mary Ferrell testimony, he was described as "not very sharp."

From an earlier post by James Richards on the forum:

Below is an interview Jack Moriarity, of the HSCA, had with Johnnie Maxie

Witherspoon, in 1977, in which she mentions Clara Jo Monk.

Johnnie Maxie Witherspoon was interviewed in her home on 9-24-77 by Jack

Moriarity and two other members of the House Select Committee. At the

time she was unemployed.

Information collected at that time:

Date of birth: 10-10-34, Height 5'1", Weight 130, Eyes: Blue, Hair

Blonde.

Wears glasses and is right handed.

Had been Tippit's girl friend 1961-1963

Husband in 1963: Stephen Thompson Jr.

Thompson "is remarried. He and wife have a nightclub and love it

now. They had been in the antique business."

"Tippit had shown an interest in another female employee at Austin's

barbaque by the name of Clara Jo Monk, a car hop and waitress. ( Married

to a truck driver)."

The investigators were especially interested in the station wagon that

J.D. had bought while the two were dating. Moriarity: " During

that time J.D. Tippit bought what may have been

a new station wagon, may have been a Pontiac and it might have been the

color blue, is that right?"

Johnnie: "To the best that I can remember, yes."

Moriarity: "Would this have been about a 1963, if you recall, or a

62? I know it was within that three year period but was this toward the

end of your relationship or at the beginning of it?" Johnnie: "

Closer to the end of it I believe." I think that they were

interested in the station wagon because a station wagon fitting that

description was seen driving around the TSBD before the motorcade

entered Dealey Plaza. However, it was described as an Oldsmobile.

Johnnie's mother, Verda Mae Herell, was interviewed on 3-14-78.

Verda worked at the Clifton Towers Coffee Shop located on Ballard ( one

block from the Dobbs House where LHO stopped for breakfast. Lee had also

eaten at her place of employment. Verda: "He was a regular dinner

customer. He never talked to anyone except to her when he ordered his

regular hamburger platter and left a 25 cent tip."

Her boss was Zerrell Owen. Verda said that there were few tears when

JFK was killed because they "were all Republicans." Also working

there was a "black boy cook" Amos (Euins) , about 16, whose parents,

brother and sister worked there. On 11-22-63, the police called advising

that they were holding Amos as a witness as he saw JFK shot.

Verda knew Tippit well. She used to sit in a booth and talk to J.D.

about raising kids. "He was interested in the subject..." She was aware

of his three jobs and said "the saddest aspect of the entie tragedy was

the development of the older son in the wrong direction. It happened

from the moment of J.D's. death."

So the PR surrounding Tippitt is that he was a loving family man. Hmm...

Also, it has been said of him that he was a bright, savvy cop. But in the Mary Ferrell testimony, he was described as "not very sharp."

Quite a while ago I tracked down Jack Moriarity, and talked with him on the telephone. He was a real sharp, honest and convincing investigator, who wouldn't violate his security oath, but he did tell me that neither he, nor any of the field investigators really knew everything they were digging up and all reported back to G. Robert Blakey, who ws the only one who knew "the big picture."

BK

• 3 weeks later...
RJS,

By the way, nobody names anybody with a name or a nickname that doesn't stand for anything.

If Jay Dee was his real and only name, then he had an uncle or a godfather or his father had a buddy in the service with that name or there was an instance that created a reason for him to be named J. D. and those initials stand for something. If not Jefferson Davis then John Doe, but not nothing.

I understand that it is the Tippit family who says that Tippit was named JD and that it is not an abriviation for Jeff Davis, and the meaning might not be Jeff Davis, but it is, I can assure you, means something. And the family's reluctance to acknowledge or reveal what it means makes me even more suspicious of what it really does mean.

Just like a murder conviction requires proof of means, motive and opportunity, those who claim Oswald executed JFK and Tippit can't come up with a motive, other than he killed JFK for fame (yet denied the deed) and killed Tippit in the getaway.

With a new sheriff and DA in Dallas, it would probably be easier to get a local Dallas Grand Jury to review the Tippit murder than JFK, and answer all the outstanding questions, including why the victim was named "JD" and how the Tippit murder really is the Rosetta Stone of Dealey Plaza.

BK

Bill,

You're adding suspicion where there is none. You can assure me it means something when JD's brothers assure us it doesn't? Is it really suspicious that a poor someone born in rural Texas in 1924 could carry such a moniker? Nobody names anyone with a nickname? No one? Ever?

"Edgar Lee and Lizzie Mae Tippit named their son JD, after a character in a book Edgar once read, JD of the Mountains. 'The initials JD, despite some claims over the years, never stood for anything.'"

Don Tippit, November 13, 1999

Thank you,

So it doesn't mean nothing, it does mean something and did come from somewhere - a book Edgar Lee Tippit once read - "JD of the Mountains" !

Add that to the JFK Assassination bibliography.

Thank you, RJS and D.T.

BK - BK of the Jersey Pines.

Since this thread has established that it's title "Jefferson Davis Tippit" is a false suposition, and that JD Tippit was named not after the President of the Confederacy, but from the title of a book "JD of the Mountains," it would be appropriate to at least try to bring it around on topic.

If there is anyone interested in JD Tippit of the DPD?

BK

Well, well, there is one guy who is interested in discussing J.D. Tippit of the DPD, Dale Myers, who wrote the book With Malace, which keeps getting missidentified as the difinitive study of the Tippit murder. He also runs a web site where he takes a strand of this thread and uses it to bash me and Simkin's forum. It's a shame I can't respond directly to his own web site, but I'll respond here.

http://jfkfiles.com/jfk/html/news/news_07160701.htm

The Man With No Name

by Dale K. Myers

July 16, 2007

I guess comedian Ron White was right. You can't fix stupid. It seems that some of the conspiracy folks who populate John Simkin's U.K. based Educational Forum just can't let a good yarn die no matter what the facts are.

Take one of the more recent discussions entitled "Jefferson Davis Tippit" in which a long dead factoid was resurrected by William "Bill" Kelly,

FIRST OFF DALE, I DIDN'T RESURRECT IT, SOMEBODY ELSE STARTED THE THREAD AND NAMED IT, I KNEW HE WASN'T NAMED AFTER JEFF DAVIS FROM READING YOUR BOOK.

who wrote:

spacer12.gif "...nobody names anybody with a name or a nickname that doesn't stand for anything.

I understand that it is the Tippit family who says that Tippit was named JD and that it is not an abriviation for Jeff Davis, and the meaning might not be Jeff Davis, but it is, I can assure you, means something. And the family's reluctance to acknowledge or reveal what it means makes me even more suspicious of what it really does mean."

Uh? NEWSFLASH, Bill: The Tippit family told me eleven years ago that J.D.'s initials didn't stand for anything - certainly not, "Jefferson Davis," as conspiracy nutjobs on numerous conspiracy forums and websites keep insisting; essentially refusing to accept the truth.

UH? EXCUSE ME DALE, BUT THIS NUTJOB NEVER CLAIMED THEY STOOD FOR ANYTHING SPECIFIC, ESPECIALLY JEFFERSON DAVIS.

AS YOU QUOTE ME, I SAID HIS NAME "JD" STANDS FOR SOMETHING NOT NOTHING.

YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SAYS IT MEANS NOTHING.

I printed the truth about J.D.'s name in my book With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J.D. Tippit in 1998 - nearly ten years ago.

DID YOU PRINT THE TRUTH THAT JD TIPPIT'S BROTHER SAYS HIS NAME COMES FROM A BOOK "JD OF THE MOUNTAINS" THAT HIS FATHER HAD READ?

DID YOU PRINT THAT?

The fact that you haven't had time to read my book sometime during the passed decade is understandable. You must be busy chasing down the big conspiracy.

I DID READ YOUR BOOK DALE, RIGHT AFTER IT WAS PUBLISHED IN 1998, AND DISCUSSED IT IN A LECTURE TO A CRIMINAL JUSTICE CLASS WHICH CAME TO DALLAS THAT NOVEMBER WHEN YOU WERE SIGNING BOOKS AT THE 6TH FLOOR MUSEUM. WE MET AND DISCUSSED YOUR BOOK AT THE TIME, AND I OBJECTED TO YOUR DISMISSING THE FACT THAT A CAR BELONGING TO TIPPIT'S BEST FRIEND WAS AT THE SCENE OF HIS MURDER BEING DRIVEN BY LEE HARVEY OSWALD, THE GUY YOU ACCUSE OF KILLING TIPPIT. SOMEHOW I FIND THAT RELEVANT TO TIPPIT'S DEATH.

If the information in my book wasn't enough, I learned from the Tippit family after the publication of my book, the complete story behind Tippit's naming and published that story at www.jdtippit.com, the official website dedicated to J.D. Tippit's memory. Here's what you'll find there regarding Tippit's name:

Edgar and "May Bug" named their first born son after a character in a book that Edgar had read about once. "He use to read a little you know, when he was hunting," J.D.'s brother Don recalled. "He'd read a story about a guy named 'J.D. of the Mountains,' and gave him that name. Guess it fascinated him." The initials, despite some claims over the years, never stood for anything.

So, what is so hard to understand?

SO WHAT'S "NEVER STOOD FOR ANYTHING"? TO ME THAT'S SOMETHING.

J.D. TIPPIT WAS NAMED AFTER A CHARACTER IN A BOOK "J.D. OF THE MOUNTAINS."

I guess Bill and his fellow buffs are upset because they can't twist J.D. Tippit into some kind of a right-wing, neo-Nazi, Gestapo, boot-stomping, rebel named after confederate rebel Jefferson Davis. How inconvenient. It would be so much better for the conspiratii if Tippit was a no-good, backstabbing, s.o.b. who liked to gun down goofy little innocents like Oswald, right?

Too bad. I guess these inconvenient little facts just spoil everyone's good time. Maybe Bill and friends should stop fantasizing and actually read about the man they love to hate. (Gee, what a novel idea.)

GEE DALE, I NEVER THOUGHT TIPPIT WAS A "NO GOOD, BACKSTABBING SOB, WHO LIKED TO GUN DOWN GOOFY LITTLE INNOCENTS LIKE OSWALD," I DON'T FANTASIZE ANY MORE THAN YOUR CARTOON GRAPHICS, AND TIPPIT ISN'T A MAN I LOVE TO HATE.

MY FATHER AND GRANDFATHER WERE POLICE OFFICERS SO WHY SHOULD I HATE ONE?

YOU MAKE A LOT OF SUPOSITIONS - I DIDN'T READ YOUR BOOK, ALL CONSPIRICISTS ARE THE SAME, YOUR BOOK IS DEFINITIVE, THOSE WHO DISAGREE WITH YOU LOVE OSWALD AND HATE TIPPIT, AND THAT JD TIPPIT'S FIRST NAME MEANS NOTHING.

They might actually learn something.

I guess it's too much to expect the "Jefferson Davis" moniker to disappear from the vast wasteland of useless JFK assassination factoids. I can only hope that those interested in the truth about the assassination will come to realize that J.D. Tippit is the original Man With No Name.

spacer12.gif END

I'VE HAD THIS SAME ARGUMENT WITH GARY MACK AND WILL SAY THE SAME THING TO YOU AS I SAID TO HIM. WHEN SCHOOL KIDS AT THE MUSEUM ASK YOU WHAT J.D. TIPPIT'S FIRST NAME MEANS, YOU DON'T TELL THEM IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHNG BECAUSE IT DOES.

IT MEANS HIS FATHER READ A BOOK ONCE, AND WAS SO INSPIRED BY IT HE NAMED HIS KID AFTER THE CHARACTER "J.D. OF THE MOUNTAINS."

NOW THAT'S NOT NOTHING, AND J.D. TIPPIT IS NOT THE MAN WITH NO NAME.

AND DALE, DID BUGLIOSI JUST PLAGERIZE YOUR BOOK OR DID HE PAY YOU TO BE ONE OF THE GHOSTWRITERS?

WILLIAM "BILL" KELLY

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

Edited by William Kelly

Does anyone know which wound of Officer Tippit was caused by the odd cartridge (3 of one type - 1 of another)?

I'm curious as to whether it was the cause of the head wound.

The reason I ask is because supposedly there were 3 live rounds in the revolver allegedly used by LHO.

It is thought that four shots were fired, followed by an emptying of the spent shells, and I would think that would have been followed by a reloading of the revolver. So...why three live rounds?

Possibly because the 4th shot was delivered by another weapon?

Just a thought.

Peter,

There was also a W.W. Tippett. Here he is below.

James

OK, But that leaves the question as to which one [or both] that Ruby knew and the details of their friendships. Do I understand one had an E in his name and one an I [before the tt].

Peter,

Yes, two different spellings. Tippit and Tippett. W.W. Tippett was an accident investigator.

I checked my notes and there was also a guy named James L. Tippett from the Police Counsel.

I believe Ruby knew W.W. Tippett.

James

Edited by James Richards

Hello All

I apologize for being such a poor communicator...

However, I would think that most reasonable people would have long ago ascertained that I don't really CARE who or what Tippitt was named after. I may have been misinformed about the Origin of his "naming" and frankly don't care as that was not the purpose of this topic.

Per usual this discussion has been twisted into something completely unrelated to the original purpose set force in this topic, and turned into a discussion of irrelative minutae. So we continue with thousands of words of irrelative Bull droppings.

Being born and educated in the deep South....it was very common in the Tippitt and Oswald era for many children to be named after Southern heroes, whether admittedly or not. I don't feel that it matters one iota whether LHO or Robert Oswald's name have anything to do with the "Robert E. Lee", or what were the origins of Tippits initials. It should be noted that Tippit was born only appx. 60 years after the "War Between the States". To those of you not from "Deep South USA", you cannot realize that animosity STILL very much exists and some Southern "heroes" are still nearly worshipped in some areas.

But again "name origin" was not intended to be the SUBJECT of this post and it took quite a stretch to make it so !

This is why I feel and have stated so many times,

that many members of this forum are more interested in displaying their knowledge of meaningless matters, than doing any original thinking ! That is why we have struggled for 43 years and are currently at what I consider a STANDSTILL.

What does the true origin of JD's name add to the solution of this case....which certainly should never be called "a mystery" !

Charles Black

Tippit ~ A. B. E 27th La. Inf.

Tippit ~ Andrew J. D Sergt. 28th (Gray's) La. Inf. Roll dated May 15,

Tippit ~ E. J. E 27th La. Inf.

Tippit ~ Elisha H. B 12th La. Inf.

Tippit ~ John W. B 12th La. Inf.

Tippit ~ L. B. E 27th La. Inf.

Tippit ~ William L. H Corpl. 1st La. Hvy. Arty. (Regulars).

Tippit ~ William T. B 12th La. Inf.

Tippitt ~ J. A. H 17th La. Inf.

Tippitt ~ James R. A 9th La. Inf.

Tippitt ~ William L. A 9th La. Inf. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. Soldier Name Side Function Regiment Name

Tippitt, J.A.

Confederate

Infantry

17th Regiment, Louisiana Infantry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tippitt, James R.

Confederate

Infantry

9th Regiment, Louisiana Infantry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tippitt, S.R.

Confederate

Infantry

28th Regiment, Louisiana Infantry (Gray's)

Tippitt, William L.

Confederate

Infantry

9th Regiment, Louisiana Infantry --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: U G TIPPITT ----------------------------------------------------(Ulysses Grant Tippitt)

Sex: M

Birth: 16 NOV 1868 in Claiborne County,Louisiana

Death: 10 AUG 1962 in Clarksville,Red River County,Texas

Burial: Red Oak Cemetery,Lamar County,Texas

Change Date: 5 JAN 2006 at 07:59:38

Marriage 1 Ara Della RIVERS b: 5 OCT 1872 in Detroit,Red River County,Texas

Married: 23 AUG 1892 in Lamar County,Texas

Children

William Ernest TIPPITT

Lonie F TIPPITT

Anna Myrtle TIPPITT

Edgar Lee TIPPITT

Alvin F TIPPITT

Rebecka Paralee TIPPITT

Troy True TIPPITT

Oneda Nina TIPPITT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Minnie Mary TIPPITT -----------------------------------------------------(Aunt Minnie)

Sex: F

Birth: 15 MAY 1880 in Blossom,Lamar County,Texas

Death: 6 JUL 1966 in Dallas,Dallas County,Texas

Burial: Red Oak Cemetery,Lamar County,Texas

Change Date: 5 MAY 2006 at 21:35:59

Father: William Lee TIPPITT

Mother: Frances Rebecca CLARK

Marriage 1 Arthur Marion RIVERS b: 14 DEC 1877 in Detroit,Red River County,Texas

Married: 15 NOV 1903

Children

Moody W RIVERS b: 11 SEP 1905 in Texas

Jessee May RIVERS b: 8 SEP 1910 in Hope,Hempstead County,Arkansas

Tressie Fay RIVERS b: 8 SEP 1910 in Hope,Hempstead County,Arkansas

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.jdtippit.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Francis Rebecca "Becca" CLARK

Sex: F

Birth: ABT 1847 in Mississippi

Death: 31 JAN 1885 in Texas

Burial: Red Oak Cemetery, nr Blossom, Red River County, Texas

Marriage 1 J. William Lee TIPPETT , C.S.A. b: JUN 1842-------------------------------(as in Confederate States of America)

Married: 31 AUG 1865

Children

Ulysus G. "U.G." TIPPETT b: ABT 1869

Nora TIPPETT b: 31 JAN 1885

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ulysus G. "U.G." TIPPETT

Birth: ABT 1869

Death: 10 APR 1962

Father: J. William Lee TIPPETT , C.S.A. b: JUN 1842

Mother: Francis Rebecca "Becca" CLARK b: ABT 1847 in Mississippi

Marriage 1 Ara Della RIVERS b: 5 OCT 1872

Married: 23 AUG 1892 in Little Red Oak Church, Blossom, Texas

Children

William Earnest TIPPETT

Edgar Lee TIPPETT b: 26 JAN 1902

Troy T. TIPPETT

Oneita TIPPETT

Unknown TIPPETT b: 21 MAY 1894

Rebecca P. TIPPETT

Alvin TIPPETT

Lonie TIPPETT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Edgar Lee TIPPETT

Birth: 26 JAN 1902

Father: Ulysus G. "U.G." TIPPETT b: ABT 1869

Mother: Ara Della RIVERS b: 5 OCT 1872

Marriage 1 Lizzie Mae "May Bug" RUSH b: ABT 1905 in Tennessee

Married: 23 JUN 1923 in Prairie Grove, Red County, Texas

Children

J. D. TIPPIT b: 19 SEP 1924 in nr. Annona, Red River County, Texas

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One often distinguishes themselves as being "Mississippi Sons of the Confederacy"; "Alabama Sons of the Confederacy"; or "Louisiana Sons of the Confederacy".

Personally, I can claim Alabama on one side of the family and Mississippi on the other side.

And, I would wager that J.D. Tippitt could claim Louisiana as well as Mississippi.

BK

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/24/2428-008.gif