The Education Forum

Tosh Plumlee

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I am a friend of Tosh's. His brother ask me to post. I do not have all the details, but received word Sunday that he and Tom Walker his co-pilot went down in Afgan Sat. in a freak storm storm. Will give more details when we receive them. The information came from a DEA friend of Tosh's in Houston Texas. Do not know what Tosh was working on but it was said it was a classified "BlackWater " field operation. Thats all we have at this time.

Afhan is not in South America.

Wrong continent.

BK

If true I'm very sorry and sad! I'm probably the person on this forum who has had the greatest contact with Plumlee - he and I were once contracted to and working on a book together [that never finally happened..too long a story to go into here/now]. I'll hold off on really grieving until I find if it is true. Tosh told me some months ago he was going to 'be gone for a long time' and indicated he was going underground on some mission....didn't know it was Blackwater...but that sounds possible. He was an excellent pilot and often flew for proprietaries and military supply missions or firefighting etc. I'll try to use my sources and contacts to determine if true. If so, it will be time to release those items I know I have not to date....but Tosh, I hope you are still out there...you were a 'cat with nine lives' and hope you still have a few left....Peter

If this is true, my heartfelt condolances to Tosh's wife, children and rest of family! I considered Tosh a close friend even if we didn't always agree all on details of missions or motives of missions, etc. As a person, Tosh was a very lovely one....it is my belief he tried hard to

tell some truths he know he was never supposed to reveal.

He kept some other secrets, but that is the nature of his profession and its natural consequences.

This is indeed shocking and sad. I was surprised that he has not posted on Tim

's death. If he died Sat that means he and Tim died the same day.

I cannot imagine anyone posting that Tosh had passed it it is not true.

I spoke with Tosh on the phone not too long ago and he told me he was working on something sensitive

that he could not talk about. He was however sincerely concerned with advancingh the truth.

I am saddened and speechless...

Dawn

Hi I am a friend of Tosh's. His brother ask me to post. I do not have all the details, but received word Sunday that he and Tom Walker his co-pilot went down in Afgan Sat. in a freak storm storm. Will give more details when we receive them. The information came from a DEA friend of Tosh's in Houston Texas. Do not know what Tosh was working on but it was said it was a classified "BlackWater " field operation. Thats all we have at this time.

Could it be that all of us who where aircraft pilots had similar thoughts?

CHOICE

If my plane should fall today

If my craft should not stay

Up high in the air this day

If I should crash and die this way

Then recall you heard me say

"I would have it no other way"

For Tosh, from friend Harry J. Dean

Wrong continent.

BK

That's just the kind of mistake Tosh would make.

The fact that so many people doubt the veracity of this post says a lot.

If he really died (in Afgan, South America...) in the manner stated and some close friend knows him well enough to know he posted some on the forum (but not well enough to know he stopped posting) and also knows his login, then he was working for a monstrous company of mercenaries and criminals and murderers. From CIA to Blackwater. What's in a name?

If he didn't really die then this is a despicable (but not uncommon on the internet) stunt, while people are still reeling over the loss of Tim Carroll no less. In fact the timing is rather incredible. It makes me wonder if he got the idea for the (possible) stunt from the thread on Tim.

I don't suppose it's possible to get confirmation of this story?

What with it being covert and classified and all...

Some things never change.

Peter, you also may be aware that TP was working for a time with the daughter of another pilot who disappeared on a covert mission: of the pre-assassination, anti-Castro variety.

Are you able to share anything you know about Plumlee's work with the Forgotten Families of the Cold War organization?

Charles

If he really died (in Afgan, South America...) in the manner stated and some close friend knows him well enough to know he posted some on the forum (but not well enough to know he stopped posting) and also knows his login, then he was working for a monstrous company of mercenaries and criminals and murderers. From CIA to Blackwater. What's in a name?

If he didn't really die then this is a despicable (but not uncommon on the internet) stunt, while people are still reeling over the loss of Tim Carroll no less. In fact the timing is rather incredible. It makes me wonder if he got the idea for the (possible) stunt from the thread on Tim.

Myra, someone could have gotten his computer info very easily: The FBI. It's been proven today that the FBI has been monitoring some people through their own Spyware. Wouldn't Tosh Plumlee be one of the ones the govt is spying on? Maybe everyone on this Forum is being spywared. Anyway, at thecloakofdarkness.blogspot.com I have posted a link and part of the article about the FBI admitting it spies on citizens. The article says what their spyware can find out about you; what it targets. And apparently, it's legal.

Kathy

Myra, someone could have gotten his computer info very easily: The FBI. It's been proven today that the FBI has been monitoring some people through their own Spyware. Wouldn't Tosh Plumlee be one of the ones the govt is spying on? Maybe everyone on this Forum is being spywared. Anyway, at thecloakofdarkness.blogspot.com I have posted a link and part of the article about the FBI admitting it spies on citizens. The article says what their spyware can find out about you; what it targets. And apparently, it's legal.

Kathy

Myra, Kathy,

This is not a hoax. Tim's wife called Tosh when Tim died, left a voicemail, and did not hear back. I also left one today and have not heard back. This is TOTALLY not Tosh.

He cared about his friends here and always returned calls. Sometimes he'd just call to say hello, like he did with me about a month ago. Chris told me yesterday that he and Tim talked recently also.

I wish this was not true...but...not hearing back from Tosh is completely unlike him.

Dawn

Kathy

Myra, Kathy,

This is not a hoax. Tim's wife called Tosh when Tim died, left a voicemail, and did not hear back. I also left one today and have not heard back. This is TOTALLY not Tosh.

He cared about his friends here and always returned calls. Sometimes he'd just call to say hello, like he did with me about a month ago. Chris told me yesterday that he and Tim talked recently also.

I wish this was not true...but...not hearing back from Tosh is completely unlike him.

Dawn

Send my condolences to his wife, mother, and kids. This doesn't look good, at all.

Wrong continent.

BK

"Hi I am a friend of Tosh's. His brother ask me to post. I do not have all the details, but received word Sunday that he and Tom Walker his co-pilot went down in Afgan Sat. in a freak storm storm. Will give more details when we receive them. The information came from a DEA friend of Tosh's in Houston Texas. Do not know what Tosh was working on but it was said it was a classified "BlackWater " field operation. Thats all we have at this time."

I saw where he went down in Afghanistan with his co-pilot Tom Walker, in a freak storm, on Saturday.

Where did you see mention of South America, in that post?

Myra, Kathy,

Dawn

This does sound serious then.

And I suppose we'll never know much more than we know today.

Well, certain song lyrics come to mind right now...

Me and Bill there we both come from Georgia

Met Hank out in New Mexico

We're bound for Duranqo to join Pancho Villa

We hear that he's payin' in gold

I guess a man's got to do what he's best at

Ain't found nothin' better so far

Been called mercenaries and men with no country

Just soldiers in search of a war

And we're bound for the border

We're soldiers of fortune

And we'll fight for no country but we'll die for good pay

Under the flag of of the greenback dollar

Or the peso down Mexico way

When this war is over might go back to Georgia

And settle down quiet some where

I'll most likely pack up and head south for Chile

Heard tell there's some trouble down there

And we're bound for the border

We're soldiers of fortune

And we'll fight for no country but we'll die for good pay

Under the flag of of the greenback dollar

Or the peso down Mexico way

Mercenary Song

Steve Earle

Wrong continent.

BK

"Hi I am a friend of Tosh's. His brother ask me to post. I do not have all the details, but received word Sunday that he and Tom Walker his co-pilot went down in Afgan Sat. in a freak storm storm. Will give more details when we receive them. The information came from a DEA friend of Tosh's in Houston Texas. Do not know what Tosh was working on but it was said it was a classified "BlackWater " field operation. Thats all we have at this time."

I saw where he went down in Afghanistan with his co-pilot Tom Walker, in a freak storm, on Saturday.

Where did you see mention of South America, in that post?

In the subject line Terry.