The Education Forum

PLACING OUR OWN NEWSPAPER AD TO RAISE AWARENESS

Excellent thoughts, Phil. I am in total agreement that the ad should be "conservative" and not make wild charges. I think the Kuntzler ad could do more harm than good for that very reason.

If the ad was not run on the actual day of the assassination, it could promote the annual Lancer Forum.

But I would say it would be great if the ad could promote another official investigation, as Bill Kelly so eloquently advocates. The ad could say: "A CIA official stated to [WHOEVER] that he and a Cuban exile participated in the assassination. He now says this was only his idea of a joke. Only through an official investigation can it be determined if he was indeed joking or whether he should be brought to justice."

Edited by Tim Gratz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Query whether the man who funded the Mary Ferrell Foundation would contribute to the cost of such an ad?

If the money can be raised, I would still be in favor of a one page ad in USA Today. I think a lot of good points could be made in a full page ad.

Here's one way to do it cheaply.

Someone has to approach a major newspaper with the idea of producing a supplement to appear approaching the anniversary date. The supplement would be filled with stories and ads. The stories would be based around media releases (supplied of course, by "us" - whoever that may turn out to be - on for example upcoming forums, new evidence etc. The ads would would be from Lancer, MFF, Ed Forum as examples.

This should be appealing to a newspaper. It gets ad sales it would not otherwise sell, and it gets stories known to be of wide interest WITHOUT HAVING TO DO ANYTHING except rework the media releases.

For those involved, smaller ads = equals less cost. Put in a supplement with actual stories gives extra bang for that smaller outlay. It's classic win/win. The pivotal issue is how many advertisers you can get on board.

Well we know that Ted Kennedy killed Kopechne but I just don't see him as a suspect in the murders of his brothers.

No, we do not know that. In my opinion the same group who killed JFK, RFK and MLK also murdered Kopechne. Although Ted Kennedy was allowed to live, his presidential ambitions were dead.

That is just an EXCELLENT idea, Greg.

USA Today has published rates for circulars printed by advertisers and inserted in the paper.

So all one would need to do would be to sell sufficient advertising to cover the printing cost and the cost of insertion.

But I am sure advertisers would stay wary of any publication containing "wild" accusations.

Maybe it will take until Nov 22, 2008 but I can see the production of a nice slick ten to twenty page supplement. Several pages could be devoted to "memories" of JFK on the occasion of the 45th anniversary of his death.

Then I suggest one page (two) on why the medical evidence so strongly supports a second shooter. This second should be written by a doctor.

Larry Hancock ought to write about the confessions of John Martino.

I wouldn't mind writing a one-half page (maybe even a quarter-page) on "Did Ruby Know Oswald" pointing out that if only ONE of the numerous reported sightings of them together is correct, that is very strong evidence of a conspiracy.

How about a page about the accostic evidence? I know Antti thinks this is weak.

There could be a page devoted to the records that are still classified. (Maybe a half page would be sufficient for this.)

There could certainly be a page of book and website recommendations.

Should there be a page devoted to debunking "Reclaiming History"?

What do you folk think?

Edited by Tim Gratz

I have an idea which I believe could add a little more "spark" to the initiative: Instead of simply calling for the opening of a new investigation, how about calling on Congress to "Posthumously Censure LBJ".

You have to admit that would get a little more attention than the mundane "reopen the investigation" request.

People often ask us (at least they do me, including my own wife), "why do you care now, its been over 40 years, its history now, get over it". They have a point, you know, as the debate is currently framed: "JFK died on 11/22/63, one way or the other, what happened since, HAPPENED. Com'on....let's move on." (Or, something along those lines).

But if we re-framed the debate, to call instead for an immediate reinvestigation for the purpose of determining whether LBJ should be "indicted" for his actions in participating in - at the very least, and possibly more - a criminal cover-up that has shaken the foundations of the American culture. It did change the course of our history so fundamentally that we really still are trying to recover. People have a much more jaded opinion of our government as a result of his orchestration of lies, distortion, destruction of evidence, fabrication of evidence and "stacking the deck" (his unilateral appointments of the WC) that it is likely there will never be a complete recovery of "our innocence".

You talk about the creation of a "Movement", I guarantee you that could mount such pressure on Congress that they could not, politically, resist taking such historic action.

But one ad, or one symposium, wouldn't do it. I'd say 5-10 years before it becomes reality, but I think it could be done.

JMHO

Phil

Edited by Phil Nelson

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/...s_the_Testimony

Should a much condensed version of this fine essay by Mr. Thomas be included? The last sentence is great:

"But for what it was worth, the eyewitness accounts indicated that someone besides Oswald was the shooter. That truth is very different from the version related in Bugliosi’s book."

Edited by Tim Gratz

Dr. Fetzer began MIDP with 25 SMOKING GUNS, which touch most of the

major relevant proofs of conspiracy.

Jack

I believe most people respond to visual imagery much more readily and viscerally than they do to the written word, at least initially in getting their attention. I suggest getting some of the most damning/convincing photo evidence, along with a short narrative concerning it's genesis and featuring them in the ad as well as the printed word. A clear, large copy of the badgeman photo with a summation of Gordon Arnold's story, a sharp version of Groden's find in the uncropped Dillard photo of a man in the window just after the shots and a clear image of the dark complected man speaking into a radio, with the subsequent photo of him sitting with the large bulge under his jacket along with a quote about his activity prior and after the shooting would be very effective imo. We probably tend to forget how much these images effected us when we first saw them over the years. I don't know what % of the general public is familiar with them, but I bet it's a smal fraction, especially of younger people.

Herb

Well we know that Ted Kennedy killed Kopechne but I just don't see him as a suspect in the murders of his brothers.

No, we do not know that. In my opinion the same group who killed JFK, RFK and MLK also murdered Kopechne. Although Ted Kennedy was allowed to live, his presidential ambitions were dead.

Tim, are you unaware of the mysterious 1964 plane crash that killed two and almost killed Ted Kennedy, or did you forget?

http://cgi.ebay.com/June-20-1964-Ted-Kenne...9QQcmdZViewItem

Apparently even the Big Bad isn't brazen enough to try to kill the same man twice in a few years after killing his two brothers.

They opted to neutralize him by framing him.

Rush Harp paid for this billboard outside New York I think it was. Harp was still a young man when he died in 1983.

BTW, if anyone is wondering MJK is Mary Joe Kopechne.

FWIW.

James

Duly noted James.

We're taking on the Big Bad.

Do you have any details on his mysterious death?