The Education Forum

Programmed to Kill:

I am sure at least half the members who took time to read the Frontpage article were just waiting for me to insert a post to the effect "I told you so" but of course such sarcasm would be below me.

No it's not. Such garbage

I read Dawn's post as a comment on your statement that "of course such sarcasm would be below me."

In other words, I took it to mean that Dawn thought that "such sarcasm" was NOT beneath you...without comment on the information found on the link.

And if I took Dawn's comments as they were meant, I tend to agree with her...based upon your posts of the past several years.

But enough about you [and me]...let's keep the discussion on course.

As it should be, Mark.

You know what one could perhaps anologize Lt. Gen. Pacepa's remarks and books to? The alleged death bed confession of E. Howard Hunt which implicated high level CIA officers in the assassination. Pacepa, however, is far more credible than Hunt ever was so it may be a bad analogy.

Pacepa's statements merit seruous evaluation. It is not clear to me from that interview whether he claims personal knowledge of Soviet complity in the assassination or if he is merely basing his evaluation on his knowledge of how Communist intelligence operated. If the former, he has either solved the case or he is a xxxx. If the latter, I guess what he says could be dismissed under the rubric that everyone is entitled to his opinion.

What is interesting however is that he very clearly claims personal knowledge of a sophisticated communist disinformation campaign that started almost before the bullets stopped flying to blame the assassination on U.S. intelligence and he offers examples of how it worked. That would be Operation Безперевода.

Edited by Tim Gratz

That strikes me as a quite incompetent interview. Two things I was waiting for were not deemed worthy of even asking about: the motive for assassinating JFK, and what Jack Ruby had to do with the KGB.

• 1 month later...

Kathleen:

I don't get that response as much as I used to... and if I had a dollar for every time, well you know the rest. Funny story, my wife and I are taking dance lessons recently, and when all the couples introduced themselves, our instructor (after hearing my name) said she had waited for this moment all of her life.

Gene

PS. ... Mrs. Kelly's name is not 'Ginger'

About eight years ago I attended the wedding in Key West of Michael Jackson. I sat at a table with Debbie Reynolds. Needless to say . . .

Tim:

This is an absolutely true story. I had an interview in NYC in the mid-70's and found myself in an elevator (in the financial district, in a high rise) alone with Doris Day. As a dumbstruck young guy, I resorted to the stupid line of "you're Doris Day"... very affably, she said yes, and then asked me what my name was. I thought for a second, then my floor was reached and the doors opened...so as not to seem a wise guy, I replied "...you wouldn't believe me if I told you" and left the car.

Gene