The Education Forum

Curious new photo of the TSBD

Lee Forman

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-F-KENNEDY-PHOTO-D...bayphotohosting

The trouble with the photo on the basis of the description is that it fails to capture the 6th floor at all. From a quick comparison, it has the appearance of an individual looking out a 4th floor window, three doublepaned window sets over from the east end of the building. Wish we could get a high res scan. None of the black guys appears in the 5th floor windows either.

Another problem with this photo is the claim that it was taken 'shortly' after the shots were fired. I don't know what 'shortly' means - however, we all know the debate about how long it took Baker to enter the building, pause in confronting 'Oswald' [or not], then making his way to the roof. So if this is a Dallas Cop - this photo would then be several minutes old, unless this isn't a DPD cop in the window?

DALLAS TEXAS BOOK DEPOSITORY BUILDING AND POLICE OFFICIER

PHOTOGRAPH-EXCEEDINGLY RARE.THIS HISTORIC PHOTO WAS TAKEN BY A NEIGHBOUR,FRIEND

AND POLICITICAL WORKER OF JFK.THIS FRIEND AND ALLY WAS APPOINTED TO A VERY GOOD

GOVERNMENT POLITICAL POSITION IN WASH.D.C.AFTER PRESIDENT KENNEDY HAD WON THE

ELECTION.

THIS ASSOCIATE WAS IN DALLAS,TEXAS THAT DRAMACTIC DAY IN NOVEMBER AND

WAS APPROACHING THE DALLAS BOOK DEPOSITORY SHORTLY AFTER THE SHOTS RANG OUT

ENDING PRESIDNET KENNEDYS LIFE.AFTER OSWALD FIRED THE FATAL SHOT {S} AND FLED

THE BUILDING LEAVING BEHIND HIS RUSSIAN MADE WEAPON.THIS PICTURE IS TAKEN

SHORLY AFTERWARDS WHEN A LOCAL DALLAS POLICE OFFICIER APPEARED IN THE OPEN

WINDOW WHERE OSWALD HAD POSITIONED HIMSELF.THE OFFICIER PAUSED AND THEN LEANED

FORWARD OUTSIDE OF THE WINDOW AS THIS PICTURE,FOREVER,WAS RECORDED FOR HISTORY.

BECAUSE THE SECRET SERVICE WAS ACQUIRING CAMERAS AND FILM FROM THE AREA

THIS PHOTOGRAPHER TOOK HIS FILM OUT OF THE AREA TO HAVE IT DEVELOPED.

[smart move]

THIS VERY RARE AND HISTORIC ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPH HAS BEEN RECENTLY

REMOVED FROM STORAGE WHERE IT HAS BEEN SECURLY KEPT UNDER LOCK AND KEY SINCE

THIS PHOTOGRAPH IS A PHYSICAL RELIC,HISTORICALLY, ONE OF THE MOST

IMPORTANT AND TRADGIC WORLD EVENTS OF THE 20TH CENTURY.HISTORIANS,FOR HUNDREDS

OF YEARS,WILL STUDY THE EVENTS OF THAT SAD AMERICAN DAY AND THEY WILL PONDER

ALL OF THE MANY POSSIBILITIES.

THE PHOTO IS IN GOOD CONDITION.IT HAS DRIED GLUE ON THE REVERSE SIDE OF

IT WHERE IT HAD BEEN ATTACHED TO A SHEET OF PAPER.OVERALL IT MEASURES A LITTLE

MORE THAN 11CM BY 8CM.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-F-KENNEDY-PHOTO-D...bayphotohosting

The trouble with the photo on the basis of the description is that it fails to capture the 6th floor at all. From a quick comparison, it has the appearance of an individual looking out a 4th floor window, three doublepaned window sets over from the east end of the building. Wish we could get a high res scan. None of the black guys appears in the 5th floor windows either.

Another problem with this photo is the claim that it was taken 'shortly' after the shots were fired. I don't know what 'shortly' means - however, we all know the debate about how long it took Baker to enter the building, pause in confronting 'Oswald' [or not], then making his way to the roof. So if this is a Dallas Cop - this photo would then be several minutes old, unless this isn't a DPD cop in the window?

DALLAS TEXAS BOOK DEPOSITORY BUILDING AND POLICE OFFICIER

PHOTOGRAPH-EXCEEDINGLY RARE.THIS HISTORIC PHOTO WAS TAKEN BY A NEIGHBOUR,FRIEND

AND POLICITICAL WORKER OF JFK.THIS FRIEND AND ALLY WAS APPOINTED TO A VERY GOOD

GOVERNMENT POLITICAL POSITION IN WASH.D.C.AFTER PRESIDENT KENNEDY HAD WON THE

ELECTION.

THIS ASSOCIATE WAS IN DALLAS,TEXAS THAT DRAMACTIC DAY IN NOVEMBER AND

WAS APPROACHING THE DALLAS BOOK DEPOSITORY SHORTLY AFTER THE SHOTS RANG OUT

ENDING PRESIDNET KENNEDYS LIFE.AFTER OSWALD FIRED THE FATAL SHOT {S} AND FLED

THE BUILDING LEAVING BEHIND HIS RUSSIAN MADE WEAPON.THIS PICTURE IS TAKEN

SHORLY AFTERWARDS WHEN A LOCAL DALLAS POLICE OFFICIER APPEARED IN THE OPEN

WINDOW WHERE OSWALD HAD POSITIONED HIMSELF.THE OFFICIER PAUSED AND THEN LEANED

FORWARD OUTSIDE OF THE WINDOW AS THIS PICTURE,FOREVER,WAS RECORDED FOR HISTORY.

BECAUSE THE SECRET SERVICE WAS ACQUIRING CAMERAS AND FILM FROM THE AREA

THIS PHOTOGRAPHER TOOK HIS FILM OUT OF THE AREA TO HAVE IT DEVELOPED.

[smart move]

THIS VERY RARE AND HISTORIC ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPH HAS BEEN RECENTLY

REMOVED FROM STORAGE WHERE IT HAS BEEN SECURLY KEPT UNDER LOCK AND KEY SINCE

THIS PHOTOGRAPH IS A PHYSICAL RELIC,HISTORICALLY, ONE OF THE MOST

IMPORTANT AND TRADGIC WORLD EVENTS OF THE 20TH CENTURY.HISTORIANS,FOR HUNDREDS

OF YEARS,WILL STUDY THE EVENTS OF THAT SAD AMERICAN DAY AND THEY WILL PONDER

ALL OF THE MANY POSSIBILITIES.

THE PHOTO IS IN GOOD CONDITION.IT HAS DRIED GLUE ON THE REVERSE SIDE OF

IT WHERE IT HAD BEEN ATTACHED TO A SHEET OF PAPER.OVERALL IT MEASURES A LITTLE

MORE THAN 11CM BY 8CM.

based on the ebay image, the windows appear blacked-out, I suspect the image is a fraud... no names, no dates, no camera make and model -- buyer beware!

based on the ebay image, the windows appear blacked-out, I suspect the image is a fraud... no names, no dates, no camera make and model -- buyer beware!

Hard to say - the window config is a nice match [open/closed]. The window where the cop appears is clearly open a bit more than in the Powers shot. I'll take this over the Dillard photo in terms of authenticity any day.

- lee

Lee,

You say 4th floor window. I think the cop is looking out of a 5th floor though, and a window where one of the black fellows was earlier.

Could be authentic. I wonder how the seller got this in his/her hands though.

Edited by Antti Hynonen

Lee,

You say 4th floor window. I think the cop is looking out of a 5th floor though, and a window where one of the black fellows was earlier.

Antti is right. It's the 5th floor. It may be possible to ID the cop from various testimonies.

Looks like the 4th floor to me.

Oops. On seconds thoughts (and second look), I think you're right, Robin.

Maybe the guy got the country of manufacture of the rifle right, too? :)

Good find Lee. Looks like another person next to the [cop?] in the next east window, and one or two below on the far east 3rd floor window also. I agree, not worth a whole lot as far as any "evidence". It could have been taken at any time after the assassination. Could be it was taken after the 6th floor search, and they were checking the whole building over for more evidence. Im sure alot of people were taking photos after the fact that day, of the building, and other locations in DP. Deffinately not worth the asking price for sure, in my opinion. MS

Lee,

It's 4. I am asking the seller a few questions...if I had a spare $500 I would bid...

And it's probably not a good idea to assume a black fellow was in any of these windows - we have only their conflicting reports after-the-fact, and Ball's clean-up job to go by. I believe that Ball's 'Dillard' exhibits are all reinactments.

- lee