The Education Forum

Cancellare crops

Lee Forman

He's hard to miss guys.

- lee

The remark that it is a shadow on the ground from the tree was the correct one.

Hey Bill.

For which? In this photo, I see a driver, then what appears to be a young man in a dark jacket or shirt with a hat, standing next to a hatless, older and larger man in a white shirt. That's all I have even seen since I scanned the 1963 B&W Cancellare print.

Leaving out the driver and focusing only on these 2 individuals. Whether anyone is in the bed? Not my concern or issue.

- lee

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more time for the halibut. Moorman drumscan crops - added some midtones, then enhanced a bit more. If no one else can see them it's not my problem. I did confirm for myself using high res scan taken from 'Four Dark Days' and other higher resolution Moorman repros. I'm satisfied - and was amused when the CBS or ABC special avoided the area completely. What a joke.

Left to right:

Man in cop's hat - appears to be in the act of firing a smoky weapon.

Man on radio looking directly at us.

Man in hat, with distortion, possibly caused by the reflection of a lens.

Nothing says conspiracy for me like this area of the Moorman - a high resolution and quality Moorman, I will add.

- lee

Lee,

I don't wish to divert this thread but since you have posted good quality grabs from Cancellare .....

There has been some talk in the past regarding a possible shot from the south knoll. Since you have been to Dealey Plaza and checked the place out, can you give a best estimation as to where a shooter would have located himself?

Cheers,

James

Lee,

I don't wish to divert this thread but since you have posted good quality grabs from Cancellare .....

There has been some talk in the past regarding a possible shot from the south knoll. Since you have been to Dealey Plaza and checked the place out, can you give a best estimation as to where a shooter would have located himself?

Cheers,

James

No cares on any possible diversion James - if you followed the thread you'd see I was looking at lens caps on the grass and whatnot. A bit boring.

Here's the area I believe has been referenced - in Murder in Dealey Plaza, etc. There was supposed to be a similar grate / drain structure located around this area, as the one on the opposite side. This was changed and some kind of electrical switch box was positioned here since. Note the proximity to the folks at the pick-up, and that back parking lot which went totally uncovered by the record.

- lee

Lee:

Excellent work... and compelling IMHO. Thanks for your persistent and detailed look at the Cancellare photo. The pickup truck sure has an interesting "profile" and location. Who were it's 'inhabitants'? I wonder why it has escaped investigatory interest all these years? No special prominence was ever applied by the WC or HSCA (or any notable researchers for that matter)... yet its presence and super-strange coincidence (i.e. 3 guys in a truck coincident with the most infamous assassination ever) escapes scrutiny. -- gene

Lee:

Excellent work... and compelling IMHO. Thanks for your persistent and detailed look at the Cancellare photo. The pickup truck sure has an interesting "profile" and location. Who were it's 'inhabitants'? I wonder why it has escaped investigatory interest all these years? No special prominence was ever applied by the WC or HSCA (or any notable researchers for that matter)... yet its presence and super-strange coincidence (i.e. 3 guys in a truck coincident with the most infamous assassination ever) escapes scrutiny. -- gene

Thanks Gene.

To be honest, I once postulated a theory someplace that the individuals seen at the truckbed were the same that were witnessed by Mercer - because of what I see to be a tassled cap on the younger looking individual's head - but it's a tough sell. The original truck that Mercer saw [Air Conditioning on the side] was removed from the location by another truck, so no matches there - plus I interpolated the side of this truck for any detail with regards to writing and found none. The question on the tassled hat remains.

- lee

Thanks, Lee. That is most interesting.

BTW, any ideas on what that building is on the left of the crop you posted?

James

Not a clue James - but maybe someone else can chime in. I do have some photographic material of this vicinity someplace, but it's practically worthless due to the build-up of the vegetation in that area today - note Satellite image and bend to overpass in this area - which would have made this area - like it's mirror image on the opposite side, a nice blind from anyone stationed on top of the underpass at the time of the shooting.

I also recall Jim Marrs pitching in here once-upon-a-midnight-dreary with respect to a rifle being pulled out of the pipes when the construction went on - however he was not clear on which side - and of course there's nothing documented on it - these pipes are now 16" in diameter on the north side, and I owe it to Bernice for straightening me out on the fact that they were much wider in 1963 - and did in fact lead all the way to an opening on the Trinity. I think I have a photo someplace of the electrical service box that's here now on the south side. If its true that the service exists today where the grate used to exist, then it's a good marker and can be used to plot the location.

- lee

Edited by Lee Forman

QUOTE:

Robin - interesting how my version has SOB man cropped out, and yours has Tague cropped out. Do you have a better view of SOB man - the individual at the far right? He's in a perfect spot to act as a signal man, and he sure doesn't look the same in the Cancellare as in Zapruder.

Dumb question from the uninformed... who/what is "SOB" man?

Not a dumb question at all Gene. SOB man was an unidentified individual carrying a placard that said 'SOB Kennedy.' He has also be referred to as 'Gin and Tonic Man' - which isn't really funny if you look at the z-film and see why. Where's the sign in the z-frame?

And how come we don't know SOB's ID, along with the young couple standing near him, or the young man standing opposite on the stairs?

This guy would be in a perfect location to be providing a signal to the folks behind the fence. Robin's crop from the Cancellare at left, and the one frame of SOB that wasn't blurry from a high quality z-frame.

- lee

Lee....indeed I showed this comparison many years ago, and named

this guy Ginandtonicman at the suggestion of Russ Schaeffer, who

first said the guy seemed to be holding a glass.

Enhancement of Cancellare seems to show the letters SOB at the

top of the sign.

Enhancement of Zapruder seems to show him pulling the sign from

under his jacket.

Jack

Dumb question from the uninformed... who/what is "SOB" man?

Not a dumb question at all Gene. SOB man was an unidentified individual carrying a placard that said 'SOB Kennedy.' He has also be referred to as 'Gin and Tonic Man' - which isn't really funny if you look at the z-film and see why. Where's the sign in the z-frame?

And how come we don't know SOB's ID, along with the young couple standing near him, or the young man standing opposite on the stairs?

This guy would be in a perfect location to be providing a signal to the folks behind the fence. Robin's crop from the Cancellare at left, and the one frame of SOB that wasn't blurry from a high quality z-frame.

Hasn't Gary Mack said that everyone in DP at the time has been identified? If so, there should be little question here.

Because I don't know, who's the guy in the hat with the camera, and what's the deal on what he was filming?