The Education Forum

the trajectory of the first bullet which struck Kennedy

This was recently posted at http://eslcafe.com in response to the drawing of the path of the magic bullet. Is the height of the seats important to debunking the MBT. I would imagine he got his information at McAdams site.

There seems to have been a significant amount of manipulation of physical evidence by conspiracy theorists concerning the JFK assassination over the years, not the least of which concerns the nature of the ballistics forensic evidence. For example, there is this graphic which purports to show the trajectory of the first bullet which struck Kennedy:

magicbulletdrawing.jpg

...as well as this one:

bogus4.gif

These graphics are inaccurate because they suggest that Kennedy and Connally were seated one behind the other, and at the same height, suggesting that the bullet changed course in mid-air. However, photographs of the car clearly show that the back seat of the limousine was higher than the front seat, and that the two men were not, in fact, seated one directly behind the other. For example, here is a photograph of the limousine after it was returned to Washington. I'm not a photographic expert, but you can clearly see that the right-side door is wide open, and you can plainly see the relative heights of Kennedy's seat and Connally's seat:

sbt3.jpg

Edited by Peter McGuire

A few of things (IMO) to consider are:

Connally was quite tall*, and erect in posture.

Kennedy tended to slouch above his back brace when sitting.

The back of the back seat where Kennedy's backside was is lower than the front. Other photos show him sitting with his knees considerably higher than his 'seat'.

*"wheeled back to the right crumpling his shoulders to his knees in the most helpless & pitiful position a tall big man could be in. I reached over and pulled him to me and tried to get us both down in the car.

Then came a third shot."

Page# 8 of Nellie Connally's handwritten notes.

Is the height of the seats important to debunking the MBT.

Absolutely irrelevant.

JFK was shot in the back around the level of his 3rd Thoracic vertebra,

2" to 3" too low for the SBT.

The SBT thus fails on it's trajectory, period.

The back of the back seat where Kennedy's backside was is lower than the front. Other photos show him sitting with his knees considerably higher than his 'seat'.

*"wheeled back to the right crumpling his shoulders to his knees in the most helpless & pitiful position a tall big man could be in. I reached over and pulled him to me and tried to get us both down in the car.

Then came a third shot."

Hopefully, Mr. Murr will find this topic of some relevance.

Then came a third shot."

Then came a third shot."

Then came a third shot."

Then came a third shot."

"Houston, we have a problem!"

Then came a third shot."

"Houston, we have a problem!"

*"wheeled back to the right crumpling his shoulders to his knees