The Education Forum

Shane O'Sullivan's new DVD RFK Must Die

Here you go Charles.

James

Excellent, James. These photos are all clearly the same guy.

Pat,

Likely, but hardly"clearly" -- at least to these myopic peepers.

Isn't "likely" a rather intellectual word for "probably?"

(Probably.) :lol:

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go Charles.

James

Excellent, James. These photos are all clearly the same guy.

Pat,

Likely, but hardly"clearly" -- at least to these myopic peepers.

Isn't "likely" a rather intellectual word for "probably?"

(Probably.) :lol:

--Thomas

Could be.

Herb - Yes, this is an excellent program shown on the Discovery Times channel several months ago. You can find it on Youtube in eleven segments here:

Several audio experts examine the only known recording of the gunshots in the pantry that night and three conclude there are at least ten "shot sounds" on the tape, with at least one "double-shot" (two shots so close together they could not have been fired from the same gun). As Sirhan's gun only held eight bullets, this seems to indicate a second gunman in the pantry. I expect further news on this front in the next few months.

Unfortunately, the Discovery Times program aired after I had completed my film but I will discuss this new evidence in my book.

Best,

Shane

Shane-

I googled "Sirhan's gun" and was led to an article by Mel Ayton in which he roundly criticizes your conclusions re the RFK assassination.

I also read your well-articulated rebuttle to his allegations.

I noticed that he had authored what appears to be a LN book on the JFK assassination, which, from my perspective, torpedos his credibility in general.

Do you care to offer any comments on him?

I read Front Page Magazine once or twice a week, but I don't recall whether I have read anything by him. Obviously, if it related to an assassination, I would likely remember him.

Also, on the issue of the "double fire" by Sirhan's gun (and perhaps someone else's gun), it is interesting that some fairly expert shooters (e.g. the legendary Jerry Miculek) can do extremely rapid "double taps" with a revolver, which seem impossible they are so fast.

Shooting double taps from a semi-auto is easy, although doing so with accuracy is, of course, more difficult.

However, I have handled, but not shot, the vaunted Iver Johnson 22 revolver, and I doubt that a non-expert shooter would be able to pull off anything approaching a rapid "double tap" from it.

I don't want to find out badly enough to buy one and try it, even though they are pretty cheap at gun shows.

And I also don't buy the allegation by Ayton that a few deputies fouled (by leading up) the barrel of Sirhan's gun by shooting a few "souvenier" rounds through it.

Lastly, didn't the door or door frame, which allegely had several rounds in it, disappear? Kind of like the front door of the Branch Dividian compound in Waco.

When evidence disappears, while in the hands of law enforcement (the FBI in the Waco incident), I conclude that there is likely a cover-up. The burden of proving that a cover-up did not occur shifts strongly to the other side.

I plan to buy your DVD and watch it soon.

Thanks for your work.

Edited by Christopher Hall

Hi Bill,

Yes, that's him. The Bulova connection is very odd but I outline how I pieced it together in the film. There's no image of Roman online but I do have a lot of photos and video of him in the film. I haven't checked out the Campbell who worked for Wright Machine Company yet.

Best,

Shane

In 1968, the chairman of Bulova was Omar Bradley.

The president of the company was Harry Henshel with intel connections via army intelligence back to WW2.

FWIW.

James

I should have added the following to what I wrote above.

Bradley was also chairman of the Bulova Research and Develpment Labs, Inc. Classified contracts included work on guided missiles.

President of the Bulova Research and Development Labs was E.K. Patterson who was also a business associate of Roy Cohn.

Executive Vice President of BRDL was Brig. Gen. Kenneth E. Fields who was also the General Manager of the Atomic Energy Commission. In 1965, LBJ appointed Fields to a commission which was to select a site for a sea-level canal between the Atlantic and Pacific. Also on this commission and friendly with Fields was R.G. Storey.

There is no doubt, Bulova had many very interesting tentacles.

James

Thanks for the photo comparison, James. I agree the face looks similar across almost all the images. It's the Peruvian photo bottom left that puzzles me. He sure did balloon up and down in weight between his time in Peru and Vietnam. But I guess the glasses don't help and there's still some similarity. I attach James' early basketball photo that also jars a bit when you compare the young Morales' height to the 5'10' reported later.

Charles - the "Col. Crest" photos of Morales in Vietnam are missing in action, presumed lost, so unfortunately, I can't post them.

Herb - Thanks for your support. I'd be happy to be interviewed. Please PM me directly and I'll give you the publicity contact for the DVD at MPI to help set things up.

Best,

Shane

Thanks for your interest, Christopher. My main problem with Mel Ayton is that he is simply not objective. He is highly selective in his marshalling of witness accounts to fit his agenda and the title of his recent book on the RFK case, "The Forgotten Terrorist" tells you everything you need to know about his narrow viewpoint on Sirhan and the case in general.

On the "double fire": we're talking about an interval of 120 m/s between these "shot sounds" (just over a tenth of a second). The best time the Discovery program firearms expert, Phil Spangenberger, could manage firing the same model revolver eight times was 2.93 seconds - an average of 366 m/s between shots. His fastest time between two shots fired in rapid succession was 550 m/s.

I've never fired a gun and am open to the possibility they can be fired quicker but Sirhan was still a novice. By his own account, he did some firing in the California Cadet Corps while at high-school but only visited a gun range six times before the assassination. So if these "shot sounds" are indeed shots, the implication is clearly a second gun.

The barrel-fouling did, unfortunately, prevent conclusive findings in the reexamination of the ballistics evidence by seven independent examiners in 1975. According to Dan Moldea's book, LAPD officers fired a "bootful" of extra shots through the barrel, fouling its individual characteristics for future identification. As the gun was in evidence after June 7, 1968, I can only assume they did this within days of the assassination, which is just appalling.

The doorframes with alleged bulletholes were also destroyed before Sirhan's appeal even got off the ground, of course. In 1975, Darryl Gates revealed that subsequent LAPD x-rays of the doorframes for possible lead fragments were also "not in existence."

The recent hosing down of the Bhutto crime-scene and blaming Bhutto's "wanting to be with the people" for the appalling security have disturbing parallels to 1968.

Best,

Shane

No, Charles. That's a photo provided by Morales' daughters last year of DSM in Vietnam with persons unknown. The Crest photos allegedly of DSM were obtained in the late eighties by Bradley Ayers and Bob Dorff from Col. Crest aka John Markley but are no longer available.

Best,

Shane

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the feedback on the film so far. I'm delighted to announce RFK Must Die: The Assassination of Bobby Kennedy will be released in UK cinemas this Friday, May 16th, opening at the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) and Rich Mix cinemas in London.

I will be doing Q&As after the 6:15 ICA show on Friday and the 8:15 Rich Mix show on Saturday. The UK DVD will be released on May 26th, with a host of rare Kennedy campaign ads and audio extras.

The film will then screen at the historic Crest Theater in Sacramento on Monday, June 2nd at 7:30 p.m., with Q&A, to promote awareness of the case among California lawmakers. Three days later, on the fortieth anniversary of the assassination, the film will open at the Pioneer Theater in New York for an eight-day run, with several Q&As also.

We'll be screening a shorter 102' version of the film theatrically, as I think it's more digestible for those new to the case than the 139' DVD version. The UK DVD will include the extra 37' as extras.

The Documentary Channel will air the US television premiere on the anniversary and my book, Who Killed Bobby? The Unsolved Murder of Robert F. Kennedy will be published by Union Square Press on June 3rd.

I hope all of this will increase the pressure on California authorities to reopen the case in the light of the new audio evidence found on the Pruszynski recording. Public and media awareness is, of course, key to this. If any of you would like to organise a screening of the film in your area, please let me know. Brave New Theaters is a great new grassroots cinema initiative from director Robert Greenwald (Outfoxed, Iraq for Sale) that makes this possible.

I hope to meet some of you at the COPA meeting in Los Angeles in June.

All the best,

Shane