The Education Forum

Movie Film of Assassination

I've just emailed this to Allan Eaglesham, who is requesting the information:

Hi Alan,

Intriguing question. I first saw the Zapruder film in December, 1964 in a movie theatre on the lower East Side of Manhattan. I saw a clipping for the showing in one of the daily rag papers (not the NYT; boy, do I wish I had kept the clipping). This was the sort of theatre that showed foreign films, narrow, rather small. I sat in the first row. The first movie shown was the David Wolper film "1000 days", an upbeat black-and-white movie about Kennedy's administration. Then, following that, without any announcement, came the color Zapruder film. It was so lifelike, I felt that I was there. (I reference that in my essay "SS-100-X" in CAR CRASH CULTURE, Palgrave, 2001). The effect of watching the Zapruder at such close range and in such dimension was traumatic for me. I was sick with nauseau for weeks, and had nightmares. It seemed to me that everything flew backwards. From that point on, I knew the govt report had to be wrong.

I have done everything I can to track down the version of the Zapruder I saw, with nothing definite. I believe Mark Lane was in NYC at that time, and may have been involved in the showing, but he was not introduced nor mentioned that night. The Wolper film has only been available on 8-mm film, so I do not have that either. This may have been a bootleg copy from Time-Life. The color was excellent. I would be fascinated to know if anyone else saw the film at that time and in that manner. If you come across anyone, please let me know.

If you recall the first time you saw movie film of the assassination of

President Kennedy on television, please click here.

http://www.manuscriptservice.com/DarkCorners/

B........

The site says: first time seeing the Z film. B's question asks first time saw it on tv.

I saw the film for the first time in 1972 at the Democratic Convention. It was a VERY bad bootlegged copy. Scary, nonetheless.

I next saw it in 73 via my association with the Assassination Information Bureau.

First tv viewing was in 75- when Geraldo showed it- back when he was still a good guy.

I never get "used " to it. Have seen it thousands of times.

Dawn

If you recall the first time you saw movie film of the assassination of

President Kennedy on television, please click here.

http://www.manuscriptservice.com/DarkCorners/

B........

The site says: first time seeing the Z film. B's question asks first time saw it on tv.

I saw the film for the first time in 1972 at the Democratic Convention. It was a VERY bad bootlegged copy. Scary, nonetheless.

I next saw it in 73 via my association with the Assassination Information Bureau.

First tv viewing was in 75- when Geraldo showed it- back when he was still a good guy.

I never get "used " to it. Have seen it thousands of times.

Dawn

No, the site says specifically "on television." It also says nothing about the Zapruder film.