The Education Forum

Economics - Human Index

Manufacturers get whacked all the time for making bad stuff. They are sure not perfect and they need their feet held firmly in the fire from time to time. Ther are rules in place and they need to abide just like everyone else. There are systems in place to deal whese sorts of thing. The best one is the power of the wallet. Its your money and your choice on how most of it gets spent. Choose wisely and blame no one but yourself.

All NeoCons are against government interference until they get into trouble themselves. Angelo Mozilo, the chief executive officer of Countrywide, America’s biggest mortgage lender, took home $120 million in 2006. Even so, he complained about the government “over-regulating the industry”.

On 10th August 2007, Mozilo had changed his tune when he called for government help because demand for its home loans had evaporated. He argued that the monetary authorities should step in with unlimited quantities of financial assistance.

"ALL"? You should know better than to make sweeping statements like that John. I hope we are grading you on a curve....

If you read my statements you will know that my personal belief is that, you break the rules...you pay. I also believe that failure should be let to happen and I'm against the bailout of these smucks. Lets just take the hit and move on. I expect no one to bail me or my business out no matter what happens. I can't speak any other conservatives but there are other voices just like mine. And I suspect, in your eyes, I'm a neo-con....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All NeoCons are against government interference until they get into trouble themselves. Angelo Mozilo, the chief executive officer of Countrywide, America’s biggest mortgage lender, took home $120 million in 2006. Even so, he complained about the government “over-regulating the industry”.

On 10th August 2007, Mozilo had changed his tune when he called for government help because demand for its home loans had evaporated. He argued that the monetary authorities should step in with unlimited quantities of financial assistance.

I agree John.

It's incredible how quickly our corporate leaders change from rabid free marketeers into enthusiastic recipients of Government largesse when things go sour.

Thatcherism keeps kicking.

I agree John.

It's incredible how quickly our corporate leaders change from rabid free marketeers into enthusiastic recipients of Government largesse when things go sour.

Thatcherism keeps kicking.

So I see we can add Mark Stapleton to the list of those failing the grade by espousing "ALL".

Good work there mark...

[...]

If you read my statements you will know that my personal belief is that, you break the rules...you pay. I also believe that failure should be let to happen and I'm against the bailout of these smucks. Lets just take the hit and move on. I expect no one to bail me or my business out no matter what happens. I can't speak any other conservatives but there are other voices just like mine. And I suspect, in your eyes, I'm a neo-con....

"Lets just take the hit and move on." Take the hit? Economic hit? It would of been nice if 5 years ago the neo-con and the Republican party felt that way concerning IRAQ... We invaded IRAQ based on WMD lies. Very, very expensive (in terms of blood as well as money) lies!

Whatever happened to William 'aka Billy' Kristol the premiere neo-con poster boy? Is he in hiding these day's?