The Education Forum

OT: What the Irish think

Posted by tkcollier in Humor, Politics.

Tags: Hilary, McCain, Obama

add a comment

We, in Ireland, can’t figure out why people are even bothering to hold an election in the United States.

On one side, you have a pants wearing lawyer, married to a lawyer who can’t keep his pants on, who just lost a long and heated primary against a lawyer who goes to the wrong church who is married to yet another lawyer who doesn’t even like the country her husband wants to run.

Now…on the other side, you have a nice old war hero whose name starts with the appropriate Mc terminology, married to a good looking younger woman who owns a beer distributorship.

What in Lord’s name are you lads thinking over there in the colonies?

Steve Thomas

Posted by tkcollier in Humor, Politics.

Tags: Hilary, McCain, Obama

add a comment

We, in Ireland, can’t figure out why people are even bothering to hold an election in the United States.

On one side, you have a pants wearing lawyer, married to a lawyer who can’t keep his pants on, who just lost a long and heated primary against a lawyer who goes to the wrong church who is married to yet another lawyer who doesn’t even like the country her husband wants to run.

Now…on the other side, you have a nice old war hero whose name starts with the appropriate Mc terminology, married to a good looking younger woman who owns a beer distributorship.

What in Lord’s name are you lads thinking over there in the colonies?

Steve Thomas

Steve,

Thank You so very much for the only post to come out of this Forum in ages that makes any sense at all! I love the way you Irish Think.....I may change my name to McWilliams!

Best,

Mike

Steve,

I think that it is essential that we elect a lawyer so that he can finally put to rest the conundrum of "it depends on what the definition of "is" is. As you and the rest of the world are fully aware, this statement was presented by a lawyer who just happened to be president, so it would seem only appropriate that one of his kind ( the answer is obviously above the understanding of the "common" people) should answer this very perplexing question for the rest of us.

Terry