The Education Forum

May I Become a Moderator?

To the Owners of the Education Forum:

I would like to be considered for the position of moderator.

Would you please post the formal criteria for selection?

My C.V. is available upon request.

Sincerely,

Charles

Charles you can only be a moderator if we currently stock your size in hob nail jack boots. Special orders are out of the question....

Thank YOU

As an aside. I just envisioned Dopey Dwarf in Hob nailed jack boots, and almost wet my pants! Heres to you Kathy!

Get XXXX, Williams.

Edited for offensive language

Kathy,

Thank you very much for editing this most vulgar expression from Ms. Mauro. Not only was it shocking and appalling , I would have expected much more from a lady.

B)

"...I would have expected much more from a lady."

Of course, you must be joking, Mike. Or, at the very least, expressing a little sarcasm.

BTW, don't refer to me as a lady because that's the last thing I expect to come off sounding like. Ladies are supposed to "know their place," in the relative scheme of things, now isn't that right? Whereas, I refuse to kow-tow to those conventional stereotypical roles attributed to females. Never have and never will. So don't try and pen me in with the rest of the herd because it ain't happening. You can call me whatever the hell you like, just don't call me a frigging "lady." That would be a contradiction in terms.

Thank you.

That's right Terry. A real gentleman would have known that.

Thanks, Mag.

You know how much those "closed mind and closed mouth" factions just love to "dis" us for being so outspoken and uppity.

Hey, where's old Myra been lately?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Appeals to risibilities aside, I must reiterate that I am quite serious in nominating myself for moderator status.

But I'm beginning to wonder if there are any formal, codified criteria for membership in that group.

I'm reminded of a classic bit from the glory years of The National Lampoon -- the "Nobel Peace Prize Application" --

In thirty words or less:

I LIKE PEACE BECAUSE ________________________________________________________________________________

I'll second you Charles!

When I originally asked for volunteers to be moderators we accepted everyone who applied. They all had a good record for obeying the rules of the forum. In fact, that was the main criteria. In my opinion, despite great provocation, they have all done a great job.

We could do with a couple of more moderators and members are free to apply for this task. However, they will be judged by their record on this forum before being accepted. People who have been in the past been placed on moderation because of breaking forum rules will not be accepted as moderators.

I think Charles would be a good moderator.

FWIW.

The contents of Charles' posts on this forum thus far suggests a man puffed up with self importance and the rather unsupported idea that he is some sort of intellectual. I therefore think he'd be an extremely poor moderator.

However I also believe the experience might do him some good and so will not stand in his way :clapping .

Gee, that's mighty white of you, Andy.

Thats a racial attack on another menber of the forum. Since the mods have deemed attacks on another member an offence, the author of this post needs to be placed on moderation.

Edited by Craig Lamson

FWIW.

The contents of Charles' posts on this forum thus far suggests a man puffed up with self importance and the rather unsupported idea that he is some sort of intellectual. I therefore think he'd be an extremely poor moderator.

However I also believe the experience might do him some good and so will not stand in his way :clapping .

Thats a racial attack on another menber of the forum. Since the mods have deems attacks on another member an offence, the author of this post needs to be placed on moderation.

I could not possibly more readily agree.

An obvious racial attack.

Mike

Why must you see things in black and white?

Oooooooooh! Racial attack!

Nonsense. I'm simply pointing out the niggardly nature of your grasp of vernacular.

Oooooooooh!

Then again, you may be on to something. In which case the jig is up.

Oooooooooh!

We could do with a couple of more moderators and members are free to apply for this task. However, they will be judged by their record on this forum before being accepted. People who have been in the past been placed on moderation because of breaking forum rules will not be accepted as moderators.

Unfair enough.

I'm put in mind of a classic Groucho-ism: "I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member."

Here in the Great Democracy, voter roles routinely are purged of individuals considered likely to support Democratic candidates. One of the criteria used to justify removal: So-and-so is a convicted felon.

I mention this in asking for reconsideration.

Charles

Unfair enough.

I'm put in mind of a classic Groucho-ism: "I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member."

Here in the Great Democracy, voter roles routinely are purged of individuals considered likely to support Democratic candidates. One of the criteria used to justify removal: So-and-so is a convicted felon.

Charles

Well, you gave it a shot Charles. It looks like you're overqualified--so to speak.

Your clinical and mercilessly funny dispatch of Andy Walker was worth the price of admission alone.

I notice Moe, Larry and Curly Joe have preceeded your post--yes Craig, you're Curly Joe. I think they're here just to keep the humour flowing but that's just my theory.

p.s. is Peter Lemkin still with us?

Unfair enough.

Charles

Well, you gave it a shot Charles. It looks like you're overqualified--so to speak.

Your clinical and mercilessly funny dispatch of Andy Walker was worth the price of admission alone.

I notice Moe, Larry and Curly Joe have preceeded your post--yes Craig, you're Curly Joe. I think they're here just to keep the humour flowing but that's just my theory.

p.s. is Peter Lemkin still with us?

Yeah, Peter yet walks among the living.

It's my understanding that he's spending time in the States and does not have computer access while doing so.

And yes, the Stooges are among us.

So SPREAD OUT!

Great to hear from you, Mark.

Best,

Charles

FWIW.

However I also believe the experience might do him some good and so will not stand in his way :lol: .

Thats a racial attack on another menber of the forum. Since the mods have deems attacks on another member an offence, the author of this post needs to be placed on moderation.

I could not possibly more readily agree.

An obvious racial attack.

Mike

It goes quite well with her challenge for some to go do themself. But then again such language is par for the course for her.

Unfair enough.

Charles

Sorry Charles you failed the interview

Unfair enough.

Charles

And so the saga ends on a sad note. We are left needing a moderator, and Charles is cast into the soup kitchen!

Unfair enough.

Charles

And so the saga ends on a sad note. We are left needing a moderator, and Charles is cast into the soup kitchen!

relax Sgt. Mikey you need time-in-grade...

Unfair enough.

Charles

Punctuation, I see, is not one of your strong points.

I'd also note for the record that, much like most of what you believe to be the case, the "interview" never happened.

Charles