The Education Forum

David Ferrie

Thomas Graves

I've read that D.F. claimed that he drove (through a very bad thunderstorm/rainstorm) from New Orleans to Houston on 11/22/63 to go "duck hunting" with two young male friends and that they unfortunately forgot to take their shotguns with them (small detail, yes?). I've also read that while he was making lots of phone calls from a Houston ice skating rink, D.F. approached the owner of said rink and expressed an interest in buying it. I would like to know whether or not D.F. was sufficiently wealthy or sufficiently well-connected financially (on a plausible level) to even consider purchasing such an ice skating rink. In other words, it sounds like a rather lame alibi to me...

P.S. Aren't there plenty of ducks to hunt in Louisiana in the Fall? (Of course, he could always say that he was just trying to kill two birds with one stone. No pun intended. LOL)

--Thomas :rolleyes:

Edited by Thomas Graves

"P.S. Aren't there plenty of ducks to hunt in Louisiana in the Fall?"

Thomas,

Someone also mentioned in a previous thread that surely there was an ice skating rink closer to New Orleans than Houston. As far as money, I do believe that it is a matter of record that he owned a plane. (would require a certain amount of wealth) If I am going off the premise of your topic, please forgive me, but, some questions that I have are: Has David Ferrie been completely dismissed as being involved in an assassination plot as far as mainstream writers are concerned? When the Jim Garrison case was dismissed as folly by the establishment, did this remove guilt ( in the eyes of the powers that be ) from everyone mentioned by him, along with Clay Shaw? Or, am I just singing to the proverbial choir? Is it that only we "conspiracy nuts" look at the likes of Mr. Ferrie?

Terry

Thomas,

Someone also mentioned in a previous thread that surely there was an ice skating rink closer to New Orleans than Houston. As far as money, I do believe that it is a matter of record that he owned a plane. (would require a certain amount of wealth) If I am going off the premise of your topic, please forgive me, but, some questions that I have are: Has David Ferrie been completely dismissed as being involved in an assassination plot as far as mainstream writers are concerned? When the Jim Garrison case was dismissed as folly by the establishment, did this remove guilt ( in the eyes of the powers that be ) from everyone mentioned by him, along with Clay Shaw? Or, am I just singing to the proverbial choir? Is it that only we "conspiracy nuts" look at the likes of Mr. Ferrie?

Terry

Page 481

Dope, Inc. 1992 edition

“In 1946, Ferrie dropped out of a Roman Catholic seminary in Ohio and joined the Byelorussian Liberation Front, simultaneously being ordained as a priest in the old Orthodox Catholic Church of North America, an agency we have already identified as a front for the Solidarist movement , the KGB, and FBI Division Five. Ferrie was subsequently redeployed to the southern region of the FBI, where he operated as a recruitment officer for Division Five (placing him under the direct jurisdiction of Major Louis Mortimer Bloomfield).

According to testimony before both the Warren Commission and the Garrison grand jury, given by FBI operative Jack Martin, LHO was recruited into FBI Division Five in 1956 by none other than David Ferrie. While nominally in the Marine Corps, Oswald received special training in covert espionage activities at the Naval Intelligence School on the Memphis naval base. One aspect of his training included special instructions in the Russian language, provided by an agent of the Solidarist movement operating in San Francisco under the cover of the Federation of Russian Charitable Organizations, a West Coast branch of the Tolstoy Foundation.

From 1956 until his untimely death in the basement of the Dallas Police headquarters in November 1963, LHO had been on a secret Division Five payroll, maintained through a secret account concealed in the budget of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, within the Department of Justice.

Thomas,

Terry

Page 481

Dope, Inc. 1992 edition

“In 1946, Ferrie dropped out of a Roman Catholic seminary in Ohio and joined the Byelorussian Liberation Front, simultaneously being ordained as a priest in the old Orthodox Catholic Church of North America, an agency we have already identified as a front for the Solidarist movement , the KGB, and FBI Division Five. Ferrie was subsequently redeployed to the southern region of the FBI, where he operated as a recruitment officer for Division Five (placing him under the direct jurisdiction of Major Louis Mortimer Bloomfield).

According to testimony before both the Warren Commission and the Garrison grand jury, given by FBI operative Jack Martin, LHO was recruited into FBI Division Five in 1956 by none other than David Ferrie. While nominally in the Marine Corps, Oswald received special training in covert espionage activities at the Naval Intelligence School on the Memphis naval base. One aspect of his training included special instructions in the Russian language, provided by an agent of the Solidarist movement operating in San Francisco under the cover of the Federation of Russian Charitable Organizations, a West Coast branch of the Tolstoy Foundation.

From 1956 until his untimely death in the basement of the Dallas Police headquarters in November 1963, LHO had been on a secret Division Five payroll, maintained through a secret account concealed in the budget of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, within the Department of Justice.

(emphasis added by Thomas Graves)

Thanks for the fascinating post, Terry. Lots to chew on there... I wonder if Ferrie was redeployed to the southern region by the FBI or to the southern region of the FBI. The former makes more sense to me. Please enlighten me on this if you can. ;)

Thanks,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas,

Terry

Page 481

Dope, Inc. 1992 edition

Thanks for the fascinating post, Terry. Lots to chew on there... I wonder if Ferrie was redeployed to the southern region by the FBI or to the southern region of the FBI. The former makes more sense to me. Please enlighten me on this if you can. ;)

Thanks,

--Thomas

The sentence reads "to the southern region of the FBI.

Thomas,

Terry

Page 481

Dope, Inc. 1992 edition

Thanks,

--Thomas

The sentence reads "to the southern region of the FBI.

Dope Inc. Page 480

In 1941, J. Edgar Hoover in consultation with British SOE head Sir William Stephenson and Division Five recruiter L. Mortimer Bloomfield, arranged for his close friend Reverend Carl McIntyre to found the American Council of Christian Churches. McIntyre was already a contract agent of Hoover’s FBI Division Five. The ACCC was to conceal an extensive espionage and intelligence unit to be deployed throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Latin America. The spies and saboteurs were to operate under the cover of Christian missionaries. As part of the ACCC espionage net, Hoover, Stephenson and Bloomfield created a secret assassination unit in 1943 under the direction of ACCC Minister Albert Osborne.

The unit consisted of twenty five to thirty of the most skilled riflemen. It was housed in a missionary school for orphans in Puebla Mexico. Up through 1969, the special “kill unit “remained intact under the personal supervision of J Edgar Hoover, operating under his trusted agent of thirty years, Albert Osborne.

The records of the Warren Commission establish that Albert Osborne had been a charter member of the ACCC. In 1942, while working for the Hoover-Bloomfield Division Five, Osborne had directed a Nazi black shirt group called the Campfire Council in the rural area around Knoxville Tennessee. At that time he had nearly been arrested following an incident in which he had burned an American flag in protest against the U.S. entry into the war against Nazi Germany. He shortly thereafter left Tennessee to relocate to Puebla Mexico.

Jim Garrison documented that on October 10, 1963, Osborne had visited New Orleans, making three stops in town. First he visited the offices of Clay Shaw at the International Trade Mart Building. Later that same day he visited the offices of FBI Division Fiver courier Jerry Brooks Gatlin, whom we encountered earlier in probing the 1962 assassination attempt against French President Charles de Gaulle. Osborne’s final stop in New Orleans was at the office of FBI Division Five southern chief Guy Bannister at 544 Camp Street. From New Orleans, Osborne traveled directly to Mexico City where, according to records of both the Garrison investigation and the Warren Commission, he was seen repeatedly in the company of the “Leon Oswald” whom we met earlier in New Orleans with Clay Shaw and David Ferrie. This circle of assassins closes a bit further as we return to the case of yet another Division Five operative who maintained a cover as a priest in the employ of the ACCC: David Ferrie.

An ad in the Time-Picayune that summer indicated that one could start-up a skating rink operation for $15,000.00.

Ferrie had received about $1600.00 from Eastern Air Lines in September, in settlement of a grievance he filed against them. As Jim Garrison noted, his records at Whitney Bank show that he deposited about $7000.00 in early November. He claimed that it was a bonus from his employer George Wray Gill Sr. for his work on the Marcello case in Guatemala. In an interview with Garrison's staff. Ferrie's business partner Al Beauboeuf said that he planned to invest about $2000.00 in savings in a business with Ferrie.

All this totals approximately $10,600.00. At the time of the assassination, Ferrie was on a salary of $250 per month from Gill.

So Ferrie was a little short of the required $15,000.00. He ultimatley bought a Gulf franchise in January for $10,000.

• 2 months later...
An ad in the Time-Picayune that summer indicated that one could start-up a skating rink operation for $15,000.00.

Ferrie had received about $1600.00 from Eastern Air Lines in September, in settlement of a grievance he filed against them. As Jim Garrison noted, his records at Whitney Bank show that he deposited about $7000.00 in early November. He claimed that it was a bonus from his employer George Wray Gill Sr. for his work on the Marcello case in Guatemala. In an interview with Garrison's staff. Ferrie's business partner Al Beauboeuf said that he planned to invest about $2000.00 in savings in a business with Ferrie.

All this totals approximately $10,600.00. At the time of the assassination, Ferrie was on a salary of $250 per month from Gill.

So Ferrie was a little short of the required $15,000.00. He ultimatley bought a Gulf franchise in January for $10,000.

Hadn't Ferrie helped Carlos Marcellos (sp?) get the deportation case against him dropped on 11/22/63? If so, perhaps Marcellos would have been sufficiently grateful to Ferrie to front him enough money to buy an ice skating rink. Just a thought.

Edited by Thomas Graves