The Education Forum

2 - Motorcycle Cops

Crop from the same scan showing "Robert MacNeil" in the suit turning around.

14677.jpg

Robert MacNeil - ( Youtube ) Archive Interview ( Part 5 / Part 6 of 14 parts ) talking about his movements on the 22/11/63 in Dealey Plaza and at Parkland.

Facinating Interview full of details regarding the JFK assassination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dcE7IjzeMo...feature=related

Edited by Robin Unger

Excellent, Robin! I agree it looks like a cop. This is the area of the drain grate behind the wooden fence.

Why was everyone attracted to THIS location?

Jack

Thanks Jack.

If you have "Apple Quicktime Player" in Chris's movie the man can be seen walking around behind the overpass wall as everyone is running towards him.

In the MacNeil " Youtube video "

MacNeil says that he can be seen in "Weigman" running to the overpass wall.

I have been looking through the Weigman frames trying to find him. ?

Robert MacNeil - ( Youtube ) Archive Interview ( Part 5 / Part 6 of 14 parts ) talking about his movements on the 22/11/63 in Dealey Plaza and at Parkland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dcE7IjzeMo...feature=related

Edited by Robin Unger

Bernice QUOTE:

Robin :

Quite possibly a motorcycle officer......with a round helmet..

As to what happened--I remember the police were running behind me. There were police running right behind me. Of course, they didn't realize yet, I guess, where the shot came from--that it came from that height.

Mr. LIEBELER - As you were standing on this abutment facing Elm street, you say the police ran over behind the concrete structure behind you and down the railroad track behind that, is that right?

Mr. ZAPRUDER - After the shots?

Mr. LIEBELER - Yes.

Mr. ZAPRUDER - Yes--after the shots--yes, some of them were motorcycle cops--I guess they left their motorcycles running and they were running right behind me, of course, in the line of the shooting. I guess they thought it came from right behind me.

Mr. LIEBELER - Did you have any impression as to the direction from which these shots came?

Mr. ZAPRUDER - No, I also thought it came from back of me. Of course, you can't tell when something is in line it could come from anywhere, but being I was here and he was hit on this line and he was hit right in the head--I saw it right around here, so it looked like it came from here and it could come from there.

Mr. LIEBELER - All right, as you stood here on the abutment and looked down into Elm Street, you saw the President hit on the right side of the head and you thought perhaps the shots had come from behind you?

Mr. ZAPRUDER - Well, yes.

Mr. LIEBELER - From the direction behind you?

http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index...opic,576.0.html

Thanks Bernice.

Interesting observation by Zapruder re: Motorcycle Cop movements & direction of the gunfire.

Very useful set of pictures. and I really enjoyed the MacNeil interview - Thanks

As MacNeil's recollection of NBC's Fort Worth film processing reminds us, the Z-film and the body were both spirited out of town.

Your welcome David.

I found the description of the events at parkland facinating.

How macNeil was on the phone giving an interview live to air, and when the SS came around to clear out all the reporters, he would then duck down so that they could not see him. !