The Education Forum

Shreveport, Louisiana

but then again maybe the solution would be too much to cope with. As so many have stated in different ways over time and recently, a very important kernel in understanding and rectifying the difficulties we as world citizens face today is the Assassination of JFK. There was a definite before and after, and the after has been horriffic. A real concern is the stresses released by such a societal correction.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some background on Touchstone and his publications and associations

http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents...43|4|1|1|43763|

edit:fixed link

Some notes on Ned Touchstone's investigation of the assassination, a 46-page manuscript from the Noel Memorial Library, at Louisiana State University in Shreveport, which I obtained by mail after reading of it in Joan Mellon's book:

http://coverthistory.blogspot.com/2005/12/...ie-and-jim.html

http://coverthistory.blogspot.com/2005/12/...igation-of.html

That's really interesting Gary. Thanks for digging that out and calling our attention to it.

Is there anything else of interest in Touchstone's manuscript?

So Mr. John B. Lee "a federaler," got a hold of some of the Louisiana State files on Lee Harvey Oswald?

As for John Simkin's first three Shreveport suspects - Carl Jenkins, Edwin Collins and Jack Alston Crichton, is there anything to indicate they knew each other from the old neighborhood?

Did they go to the same high school?

Is there any association between them and Barkesdale AFB?

Is there any association between them and LSU?

Was LSU involved in any of the MKULTRA/DOD UHSCAR contracts/experiments?

Wasn't there a Latin American Studies center at LSU?

BK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Citizens'_Council

The first known chapter of the WCC was founded by fourteen people in the Delta town of Indianola, Mississippi on July 11, 1954. The prime instigator was Robert "Tut" Patterson, a plantation manager and the former captain of the Mississippi State University football team. Additional chapters soon appeared in other communities.

In Louisiana, leaders of the original citizens council included State Senator and gubernatorial candidate William Rainach, future U.S. Representative Joe D. Waggonner, Jr., publisher Ned Touchstone, and Judge Leander Perez, considered the political boss of Plaquemines and St. Bernard parishes south of New Orleans.

============================================================

May I again remind one that attorney "Robert Oswald" of Pascagoula, MS, happened to be one of those who became a member of the governing/founding body of the White Citizen's Council.

http://mdah.state.ms.us/arrec/digital_arch...|1|1|1|1|60036|

May I also remind as to who became assistant superintendent of schools in Pascagoula, MS.

http://www.co.jackson.ms.us/gipages/Histor.../FairSchool.htm

Pascagoula, Mississippi

APRIL 28, 1963 -- 2:30 P.M.

SCHOOL PERSONNEL

Superintendent of Schools Mr. V. C. Gill

Assistant Superintendent of Schools

Mr. Herbert D. Farrell

The first known chapter of the WCC was founded by fourteen people in the Delta town of Indianola, Mississippi on July 11, 1954. The prime instigator was Robert "Tut" Patterson, a plantation manager and the former captain of the Mississippi State University football team. Additional chapters soon appeared in other communities.

In Louisiana, leaders of the original citizens council included State Senator and gubernatorial candidate William Rainach, future U.S. Representative Joe D. Waggonner, Jr., publisher Ned Touchstone, and Judge Leander Perez, considered the political boss of Plaquemines and St. Bernard parishes south of New Orleans.

May I again remind one that attorney "Robert Oswald" of Pascagoula, MS, happened to be one of those who became a member of the governing/founding body of the White Citizen's Council.

May I also remind as to who became assistant superintendent of schools in Pascagoula, MS.

Pascagoula, Mississippi

SCHOOL PERSONNEL

Mr. Herbert D. Farrell

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/pic_j.htm

We had--the commandant of the school was an attorney, and I think she got some legal assistance from him about divorce proceeding or something. She talked to him about it, I know. His name was Farrell, Herbert D. Farrell. He was commandant of the school. Did you ever talk to him?

I don't mean to turn this into a diversion, and I don't think it's worth starting another topic when there are so many excellent ones (IMO) going that need to stay on page one as long as possible, so I'll just succinctly state this growing conviction that what BK has proposed ties in with a concept that has been flickering in and out of my mind for some time. : A time dimension added to a mapping of persons of interest into a visual display of persons movements over time irrespectivelly of what theory they tie in to and proposed by whoever because that initself will reveal things while allowing EVEYONE to add persons and locations and perhaps someone will get it all right, and then a hyperlinked pdf to each movie frame where each persons logo or whatever that identifies them in this movement mapping so one can click on that logo and get the latest up to date confirmed report and descripion of events and one can then enter that event into the search function and find all others related to that and check event description, reconfigure the movie to highlight them and in this way, study one by one, without discrimination, all possible ideas.

I think, (in fact I'm bloody certain it can be done), that this is achievable, and could even be the very tool that on modern computers, a computer program, by instituting random word highlights track all sorts of patterns and apply various algorithms to this under simple logic formulae paradigms, will find the very solution everyone is so beautifully dedicated to, the solution.

Just click enter and wait... (well maybe)

Social Networking -

http://www.namebase.org/cgi-bin/nb06?_JENKINS_CARL_E

Yes, William, a bit like that. It helps to understand the idea.

What I'm on about is having the dimension of time added.

Perhaps it could be a class project?

The programming would likely have to be in modules. Open Source is a good concept. Perhaps a project by many, and perhaps many of the modules already exist in various forms. It's possible that such a program already exists in some form and can be readily adapted.

When my brother and I were kids we used our fathers super8 to make a timelapse movie of a chess game we played and in viewing it, it was instructional. So I suppose it's the digitising of this process that I'm writing about here. It would simplify things as far as entering POI locations, when why etc and seeing (I'm personally much more into the visual than the written, hence a visualisation) patterns unfold without regards for exactly who is in the pattern but letting the patterns tell the story.

A move (like a phone call, a trip, an action etc) would set off a chain of events involving others and so on. The program itself would crunch the numbers and spit out the results in a visual format. Given it would have the time dimension it would be a movie, and given that movie is nothing more that a series of frames that are processable singly or in batch, new frames can be added, various persons, events highlighted according to the users parameters, or a kind of AI logic guide may itself do the job based on a database.

• 7 months later...

If anybody could find the following in a RIF Document, it might be quite an accomplishment.

Disclaimer: I am totally at a loss as to the validity of the following information, but if it is true, it could be more than significant......

August 22, 1962

Sherman Kent under orders to proceed to Frankfurt Germany, his alleged comments regarding same

these......kinds of orders came from a CIA officer handling under "light military cover," I was in no way connected with the Headquarters of the USAF BAFB 25.........

Copied from the site of a long-time Pioneer Fund follower, Prof. Barry Mehler, from Ferris State University. William F. Tucker also wrote about Touchstone

in his book about Draper and The Pioneer Fund. Draper and his crowd were involved with multiple Mississippi murders.

Ned Touchstone, The Citizens Councils and The Councilor

The following biography of Ned Touchstone is taken from:

Extremism on the Right: A Handbook, (New York: Anti-Defamation League, 1983) p.138

Ned Touchstone, 57, a longtime resident of Shreveport, Louisiana, has served as an editor and distributor of racist hate literature for over two decades. Touchstone worked for several local Louisiana weeklies and owned his own printing company, Bossier Press, before he became associated with the militantly segregationist Louisiana Citizens' Council. As a state board member and secretary of this group, Touchstone played an active role in the Council's fight against civil rights laws during the 1960s.

Since its inception in 1962, Ned Touchstone has served as editor of The Councilor, an openly racist and anti-Semitic hate sheet. For a number of years, The Councilor functioned as the semi-monthly house organ of the Louisiana Citizens' Council, a group which professed two goals: "States rights and Segregation of the races." Later, a non-profit organization called Councilor Research became owner and publisher of the monthly periodical.

Articles in The Councilor have frequently attacked Jews in general and the ADL in particular. Touchstone's newspaper has stated that, "the ADL (sometimes called the 'Russian Mafia') is composed of anti-Christ Khazars. . ." In addition, ADL and "its international connections with communism" have figured prominently in anti-Semitic conspiracy stories published by The Councilor. Based in Touchstone's home town of Shreveport, The Councilor has recently claimed a total circulation of 18,000.

Touchstone has offered for sale anti-Semitic and other racist literature through the National Biographic Society, which has operated from Touchstone's home address. Titles distributed through the National Biographic Society have included Rise of the House of Rothschild, The Red Network and The Rising Tide of Color, as well as "truth-pak," a collection of pamphlets and newsclips promoting bigotry.

Touchstone has been linked to Willis Carto's right-wing extremist group, Liberty Lobby. Besides holding a seat on their Board of Policy, he has been a featured speaker at several gatherings sponsored by Liberty Lobby. Touchstone himself has stated that, 'The Councilor and Liberty Lobby are on the same side 99% of the time." Concerning the notorious anti-Semite Carto, Touchstone added, "I consider Willis Carto of Liberty Lobby one of the greatest living Americans. . ."

Note: Willis A. Carto in fact was considered yet another Draper clone and crony. Touchstone was later involved with the American Mercury, which was also owned

by Russell Maguire, who hired George Lincoln Rockwell as an artist, Clendenin J. Ryan, the person who financed both Ulius Amoss and Carleton S. Coon, who dealt in ManCan operations with Robert Emmett Johnson, one of the JFK snipers. Ryan hired hired William F. Buckley, Jr. and Brent Bozell at The Mercury and Ryan's father sent industrial diamonds to Hitler to aid his war effort from his South African diamond mines. All of these guys were pro-Fascists or outright Nazi supporters.

Touchstone has been affiliated with The American Mercury, a once respectable literary magazine which has since become a voice of anti-Jewish hate. Until 1980, Touchstone was listed among others as a contributing editor of the publication. Subsequently, The American Mercury relocated from California to Texas, where Touchstone took over the magazine's management. Lately, his name has appeared on the masthead as "financial editor."

Source: "Ned Touchstone, the Citizens Councils and the Councilor." Extremism on the right: A Handbook. New York: Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith, 1983. 138. ISBN: 0884641295 (pbk.) :; 9780884641292 (pbk.) LCCN: 88-71108

Pascagoula, Mississippi

SCHOOL PERSONNEL

Mr. Herbert D. Farrell

Elmore D. Greaves (not Touchstone), was head of the American chapter of WACL between Roger Pearson from The Pioneer Fund and Gen. John Singlaub, fired by Jimmy Carter after Singlaub's role in Korea. Singlaub was stationed with Ray "ManCand" Cline in Mukden, China right after World War II. This comes from the Tucker book on Draper and the Pioneer Fund. Apparently Greaves was a very large part of the entire Draper racist enterprise, just like Pearson, Touchstone, Eastland and many others.

http://books.google.com/books?id=C-jIEhfKP...per&f=false

Edited by John Bevilaqua

Shreveport, with its industrial port and expensive bridges, was "on the teat" (as the Bible puts it) of corrupt political organizations since the late 19th century, and in the 1930s housed a Standard Oil-friendly clique that sought to bring down the Huey Long gang that had supplanted them. Long referred to Louisiana's Standard Oil boosters as fascists. See Richard White, "Kingfish," 2006.

The oil industry connection is interesting.

And the connection through Huey Long to Rev Gerald L K Smith is interesting as well. Long was probably murdered by the same group of Draper and J.P. Morgan industrial fascists who staged the coup attempt against FDR when Gen. Smedley Butler turned the plotters in. Smith later appeared at The Winnipeg Airport Incident overheard discussing Marina Oswald and the JFK assassination. Smith also ran The America First Party who nominated MacArthur as their Presidential "Candidate" in the 1952 election. Both Richard Condon's informants in "Manchurian Candidate" and Dick Russell's informant named MacArthur and Willoughby as being a major force in the JFK assassination.

It is probably not a relevant point but three of the suspects in the assassination of JFK came from Shreveport, Louisiana: Carl Jenkins, Edwin Collins and Jack Alston Crichton.

General Edwin Walker was also traveling by plane into Shreveport at the time of the assassination.

..on the plane he made sure that the pilots signed his ticket, and greeting him on arrival were Ned and co...

It is probably not a relevant point but three of the suspects in the assassination of JFK came from Shreveport, Louisiana: Carl Jenkins, Edwin Collins and Jack Alston Crichton.

General Edwin Walker was also traveling by plane into Shreveport at the time of the assassination.

..on the plane he made sure that the pilots signed his ticket, and greeting him on arrival were Ned and co...

Ernie Lazar has Robert Surrey and his wife working for Edwin A. Walker for years...

Ernie Lazar said,

ON JUNE 11TH, 2009 AT 5:34 PM

FURTHER REPLY TO LAURENS:

Having just spent a week debating this new political spectrum idea on other websites, I would suggest that Laurens consider the following factual data:

The problem with Laurens’ proposed political spectrum is that persons (or organizations) which Laurens claims advance “extreme leftist” ideas — such as Hitler admirers — are often people who associate themselves with RIGHT WING causes, organizations, and ideas.

For example, many so-called “conservatives” or “patriot” groups recommend the writings of Eustace Mullins — especially his publications on the Federal Reserve—which Mr. Von Brunn almost certainly read, believed and recommended on his website.

Eustace Mullins is cited by the “patriot movement” as an indisputable “conservative” or right-winger. But Mullins wrote an article entitled “Hitler: An Appreciation” which was published in a 1952 issue of the National Renaissance Party Bulletin (an avowed fascist group!) — but that doesn’t stop gazillions of right-wingers from recommending him as a reliable source of information!

To see Mullins’ article and further details about the neo-fascist groups in the U.S. he was connected to, see this 1954 report by the House Committee On Un-American Activities:

http://debs.indstate.edu/u588n4_1954.pdf

Three additional problems with Lauren’s ideas:

(1) when you research the political campaigns of neo-nazis who have run for political office, their themes, ideas and policy proposals are predominantly RIGHT-WING — and in fact, the support they subsequently get (money, endorsements, publicity, votes, etc.) comes NOT from the LEFT, but from the RIGHT side of the political spectrum.

(2) when you review the recommended reading lists of neo-nazi groups, they often recommend and sell many of the SAME publications as the Birch Society or other extreme right-wing/conservative/patriot groups

For example: the American Nazi Party used to recommend and sell John Stormer’s classic conspiracy book, “None Dare Call It Treason”—which the JBS effusively praised and sold in all its bookstores! [stormer, a Goldwater supporter, was a Republican Party official in Missouri!]

(3) Furthermore, the founder and leader of the American Nazi Party (George Lincoln Rockwell) admired prominent right-wing heroes such as Sen. Joseph McCarthy. In fact, in 1952, Rockwell publicly supported Gen. Douglas MacArthur for President and he organized a pro-MacArthur rally in San Diego.

Nevertheless, Laurens wants us to believe that Rockwell belongs on the extreme left side of a political spectrum!

In the 1960’s, Rockwell invited John Birch Society members to attend a meeting of his in Dallas — because he thought they offered fertile ground for recruitment.

If Rockwell was truly “extreme left” why would he solicit support from the extreme right?

Last, but not least, the political spectrum advocated by Laurens has no way to explain the following:

ROBERT SURREY (hereafter RS)

RS and his wife (Mary) of Dallas TX were both Birch Society members. They both were employed by fellow Bircher, Gen. Edwin A. Walker of Dallas. Mary was Walker’s personal secretary and from 1961-1964 RS was Walker’s chief aide. RS also worked on Walker’s campaign for Governor of Texas.

In 1963, RS and Walker entered into a partnership as co-owners of American Eagle Publishing Company. The company’s pamphlets were stored at Walker’s home. They published all the standard Birch Society arguments against the UN, against Council on Foreign Relations, against the Warren Court, and against the policies and programs of Presidents John Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson.

In November 1963, RS authored the “Wanted For Treason” handbill (re: JFK) which was circulated on the streets of Dallas a few days before Kennedy’s assassination.

RS also was President and Chairman of the Board of United White Christians Majority. The group was conceived by George Lincoln Rockwell to obtain funds for the American Nazi Party from persons who might otherwise not wish to be directly associated with the ANP (in short, it was an ANP front-group). In May 1968, RS became Southwest Regional Coordinator and National Business Manager for the American Nazi Party.

Many other Birch Society members or supporters involved themselves in neo-nazi activities and/or promoted neo-nazi themes including anti-zionism arguments.

For example, here are some “graduates” from the Birch Society:

George P. Dietz (Liberty Bell Publications—the largest U.S. distributor of neo-nazi literature in the U.S. during the 1960’s-1990’s), Tom Metzger (White Aryan Resistance), William P. Gale (Ministry of Christ Church), Ben Klassen (Church of the Creator), Kevin Strom (National Vanguard), Willis Carto (Liberty Lobby and founder of holocaust denial group, Institute For Historical Review), Gordon Kahl (Posse Comitatus) Robert J. Mathews (who created The Order and commited bank and armored car robberies in order to finance Aryan Nations and other similar white supremacist and neo-nazi enterprises) and William Pierce (Pierce joined the American Nazi Party in 1966 and was Editor of National Socialist World, the quarterly journal of Rockwell’s World Union of National Socialists. In 1968, Pierce became second in command of the National Socialist White People’s Party (formerly known as American Nazi Party) but he left in July 1970 to work for Willis Carto’s National Youth Alliance which he wrested away from Carto in 1974 and re-named it National Alliance.)

As all of the above data should make obvious, EVEN IF your ideology CLAIMS to be “anti-communist” or “anti-Marxist”, or “anti-collectivist” [which Laurens thinks places you on the OPPOSITE side of the spectrum from nazism-fascism-communism] nevertheless that means nothing in terms of

* where you seek support,

* whom you admire,

* what authors and publications you recommend as reliable, or

* what political alliances you are prepared to make

• 1 month later...

Here is what Walker stated in the Texas Monthly of February, 1991.

"Messages were criss-crossing this town that something was going to happen and the right wing was going to be blamed for it... I made sure I was out of Dallas that day... I was on a plane flying from New Orleans to Shreveport when the pilot announced that Kennedy had been killed. I've got the plane number and everyone who was on it...the Kennedy assassination was an overlapping conspiracy incidental to the larger conspiracy to assassinate General Walker... Kennedy comprimised the entire country when he decided to seek a second term... if Kennedy had the good sense to retire, he'd be alive today..."

The front page of the Councilor, dec 10 from memory, should be inserted here as it details the event (and provides a translation of the german-walker interview)