The Education Forum

Ray McGovern talks more about JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE..

Ray McGovern, the ex-CIA intelligence analyst responsible for delivering the PDB’s to Reagan and Bush Sr. back in the 80’s, was on the Alex Jones show a week ago to discuss Afghanistan and Iran. Right at the beginning of the show, the conversation began with talk of JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE, and McGovern took the chance to elaborate on his earlier comments about the book. Nothing earth-shattering was said, but it’s a nice quick discussion and I’ve transcribed it here for anyone interested. The book seems to still be selling extremely well on Amazon.

THE ALEX JONES SHOW - September 30th, 2009.

Ray McGovern interview.

AJ: Ray McGovern is one of President Ronald Reagan’s intelligence briefers, from 81 to 85, he was in charge of preparing the daily security briefings for Reagan and Vice President George Herbert Walker Bush... (full intro snipped). Ray, from memory, don’t you have a new book out too?

RM: Well, I don’t write books because then I’d lose my wife. (laughs)

AJ: Somebody’s saying they heard you on Dallas radio about a book or something. Maybe you were talking about somebody else’s book…

RM: I was, yeah. I was talking about JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE, which is a book that people really should read. It’s by James Douglass, and it goes over the most recently released data on the situation there in Dallas and elsewhere when John Kennedy was assassinated. It’s very, very interesting.

AJ: You know, I had dinner with Martin Sheen about a month ago, and he said it was the best JFK book he had read, and was raving about it, and I forgot to get a copy of it, he was going to give me a copy of it but I forgot to get it. Why is everybody saying this book is so powerful? I mean, you’re a former top CIA analyst, you know, reading it yourself – I want to get into Iran, but that’s another subject I want to raise with you, is JFK. Why are you so impressed with this book?

RM: Well Alex, I have to confess that someone sent me that book about a year and a half ago, and as soon as I heard that it had this theory there was the CIA, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and people who had been suborned in the Secret Service that planned and executed the assassination of John Kennedy… As soon as I heard that I said, well, this is pretty far out, I got lots of articles to write, so I put it on my back shelf. But recently I’ve been reading it, I’ve almost finished, and I share the view of those who have read it before and told me that it’s the most painstakingly researched piece of work, and that it includes the very latest data that’s been released from FOIAs or from other things. He conducted incredible interviews with people on the spot, and the evidence that he adduces – and you know, I’m an intelligence analyst, so I know a little bit about this kind of thing – is very, very persuasive. The reason that it has such current attention and applicability, is because the very forces Jim Douglass claims did JFK in are still very much around, are still very much intimidating a new President whose name happens to be Barack Obama, and if you just run down the line of things… It was Cuba, mostly, because JFK would not save the abortive Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961. The CIA and the Joint Chiefs got very mad about that. When JFK wouldn’t launch a nuclear war on the Soviet Union during the missile crisis in ’62, that got the Joint Chiefs really mad because they knew they had the advantage and they told him “Look, Mr President, it would only mean about 20 million of us killed, but we’d kill all the Russians..”. That kind of logic.

AJ: That was L.L. Lemnitzer and Curtis LeMay wasn’t it?

RM: Yeah. Yeah, it was… …yeah, it was that crowd. That crowd was described by George Ball, the Deputy Secretary of State, as a cesspool. They’re the ones that planned things like Northwoods, and other things. So, the primary… ..it’s hard to put yourself back into those years, but there was such an incredible, visceral, kneejerk anti-communism, that again, the Joint Chiefs thought it would be just fine if we did in all the Soviet Union, in return to just, maybe 20 million casualties here. John Kennedy faced into that, and not only that, but he started talking with Castro independently, and secretly he thought, though the CIA knew about it, and he had a private correspondence with Nikita Khrushchev. He made a big speech at American University saying we ought to get along with the Soviet Union, and what do you know, about three months later the limited test ban treaty is signed. The JCS, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was cut out of those negotiations, so you can understand how they felt about that. And last, but not least, was Vietnam, where John Kennedy was convinced it was a fool’s errand, and he could not convince the Joint Chiefs, nor his immediate advisors like McNamara and Rusk, and so he had to sort of surreptitiously move toward removing all our troops, and before he died he ordered that the first thousand troops be brought home before the end of the year ’63.

AJ: And he started issuing US greenbacks, was beginning to phase out the Federal Reserve, and giving anti Federal Reserve speeches…

RM: Yeah, he was running into lots of problems, and you know, when Dwight Eisenhower warned of the military industrial complex, well, already what he was seeing was a military, industrial, congressional, media complex, which we have in full swing right now. And so he was really up against it, and so I admire him even more than I used to in facing right into that, and it’s not at all difficult for me to believe anymore that the people who both felt personally threatened, and also felt that this fellow was selling out to the communists, took it upon themselves to plan this thing, carry it off, then appoint people to ‘investigate it’, in quotes, who would come out with the right conclusion, the politically correct conclusion that this Lee Harvey Oswald did it all alone. No-one believes that anymore. So, yeah, the applicability of this thing… Here’s Barack Obama, his big be-ribboned and be-medalled general officers are telling him “Oh, we’re going to suffer defeat in Afghanistan, if you don’t give us 40 - 45’000 more troops”. That’s exactly the same situation that JFK faced.

Thanks for that Anthony.

I sat next to Rayon a penel at the Congressional Briefing on 9/11 that was organized by John Judge and Rep. Cynthia McKinney.

He now writes on occassion for OpEdNews - where someone posted my review of JFK and the Unspeakable, that instigated a number of people to write to me about it.

Now that Ollie Stone and Ray are plugging the book ion the media, maybe it will become a best-seller and major influence in the next year.

BK

Ray McGovern, the ex-CIA intelligence analyst responsible for delivering the PDB’s to Reagan and Bush Sr. back in the 80’s, was on the Alex Jones show a week ago to discuss Afghanistan and Iran. Right at the beginning of the show, the conversation began with talk of JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE, and McGovern took the chance to elaborate on his earlier comments about the book. Nothing earth-shattering was said, but it’s a nice quick discussion and I’ve transcribed it here for anyone interested. The book seems to still be selling extremely well on Amazon.

THE ALEX JONES SHOW - September 30th, 2009.

Ray McGovern interview.

AJ: Ray McGovern is one of President Ronald Reagan’s intelligence briefers, from 81 to 85, he was in charge of preparing the daily security briefings for Reagan and Vice President George Herbert Walker Bush... (full intro snipped). Ray, from memory, don’t you have a new book out too?

RM: Well, I don’t write books because then I’d lose my wife. (laughs)

AJ: Somebody’s saying they heard you on Dallas radio about a book or something. Maybe you were talking about somebody else’s book…

RM: I was, yeah. I was talking about JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE, which is a book that people really should read. It’s by James Douglass, and it goes over the most recently released data on the situation there in Dallas and elsewhere when John Kennedy was assassinated. It’s very, very interesting.

AJ: You know, I had dinner with Martin Sheen about a month ago, and he said it was the best JFK book he had read, and was raving about it, and I forgot to get a copy of it, he was going to give me a copy of it but I forgot to get it. Why is everybody saying this book is so powerful? I mean, you’re a former top CIA analyst, you know, reading it yourself – I want to get into Iran, but that’s another subject I want to raise with you, is JFK. Why are you so impressed with this book?

RM: Well Alex, I have to confess that someone sent me that book about a year and a half ago, and as soon as I heard that it had this theory there was the CIA, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and people who had been suborned in the Secret Service that planned and executed the assassination of John Kennedy… As soon as I heard that I said, well, this is pretty far out, I got lots of articles to write, so I put it on my back shelf. But recently I’ve been reading it, I’ve almost finished, and I share the view of those who have read it before and told me that it’s the most painstakingly researched piece of work, and that it includes the very latest data that’s been released from FOIAs or from other things. He conducted incredible interviews with people on the spot, and the evidence that he adduces – and you know, I’m an intelligence analyst, so I know a little bit about this kind of thing – is very, very persuasive. The reason that it has such current attention and applicability, is because the very forces Jim Douglass claims did JFK in are still very much around, are still very much intimidating a new President whose name happens to be Barack Obama, and if you just run down the line of things… It was Cuba, mostly, because JFK would not save the abortive Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961. The CIA and the Joint Chiefs got very mad about that. When JFK wouldn’t launch a nuclear war on the Soviet Union during the missile crisis in ’62, that got the Joint Chiefs really mad because they knew they had the advantage and they told him “Look, Mr President, it would only mean about 20 million of us killed, but we’d kill all the Russians..”. That kind of logic.

AJ: That was L.L. Lemnitzer and Curtis LeMay wasn’t it?

RM: Yeah. Yeah, it was… …yeah, it was that crowd. That crowd was described by George Ball, the Deputy Secretary of State, as a cesspool. They’re the ones that planned things like Northwoods, and other things. So, the primary… ..it’s hard to put yourself back into those years, but there was such an incredible, visceral, kneejerk anti-communism, that again, the Joint Chiefs thought it would be just fine if we did in all the Soviet Union, in return to just, maybe 20 million casualties here. John Kennedy faced into that, and not only that, but he started talking with Castro independently, and secretly he thought, though the CIA knew about it, and he had a private correspondence with Nikita Khrushchev. He made a big speech at American University saying we ought to get along with the Soviet Union, and what do you know, about three months later the limited test ban treaty is signed. The JCS, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was cut out of those negotiations, so you can understand how they felt about that. And last, but not least, was Vietnam, where John Kennedy was convinced it was a fool’s errand, and he could not convince the Joint Chiefs, nor his immediate advisors like McNamara and Rusk, and so he had to sort of surreptitiously move toward removing all our troops, and before he died he ordered that the first thousand troops be brought home before the end of the year ’63.

AJ: And he started issuing US greenbacks, was beginning to phase out the Federal Reserve, and giving anti Federal Reserve speeches…

RM: Yeah, he was running into lots of problems, and you know, when Dwight Eisenhower warned of the military industrial complex, well, already what he was seeing was a military, industrial, congressional, media complex, which we have in full swing right now. And so he was really up against it, and so I admire him even more than I used to in facing right into that, and it’s not at all difficult for me to believe anymore that the people who both felt personally threatened, and also felt that this fellow was selling out to the communists, took it upon themselves to plan this thing, carry it off, then appoint people to ‘investigate it’, in quotes, who would come out with the right conclusion, the politically correct conclusion that this Lee Harvey Oswald did it all alone. No-one believes that anymore. So, yeah, the applicability of this thing… Here’s Barack Obama, his big be-ribboned and be-medalled general officers are telling him “Oh, we’re going to suffer defeat in Afghanistan, if you don’t give us 40 - 45’000 more troops”. That’s exactly the same situation that JFK faced.