The Education Forum

Art becoming reality?

John Wilson

When watching James Bond movies, i always, having never read the author and former intelligence officer Ian Fleming's novels, wondered if he ever slipped some teasing plotlines, codes or actual names of people, ops or 'secrets' into the scripts?

Or if he did, were they edited out before filming (by himself or 'others'?), and did he leave the references in the books, maybe in code? What did he omit, I sometimes muse?

Similarly, were there any fantasy-reality connections with Gerry Anderson (as mentioned on the JFK conspiracy board), creator of The Thunderbirds, UFO, Stingray, Space 1999 etc.

His older brother, a WWII Mosquito pilot, was killed in action and it inspired him to make the models in his wonderful TV creations.

Or was there any other TV production that might have alarmed the authorities?

Edited by John Wilson

When watching James Bond movies, i always, having never read the author and former intelligence officer Ian Fleming's novels, wondered if he ever slipped some teasing plotlines, codes or actual names of people, ops or 'secrets' into the scripts?

Or if he did, were they edited out before filming (by himself or 'others'?), and did he leave the references in the books, maybe in code? What did he omit, I sometimes muse?

Similarly, were there any fantasy-reality connections with Gerry Anderson (as mentioned on the JFK conspiracy board), creator of The Thunderbirds, UFO, Stingray, Space 1999 etc.

His older brother, a WWII Mosquito pilot, was killed in action and it inspired him to make the models in his wonderful TV creations.

http://jamesbondauthenticus.blogspot.com/2...uthenticus.html

I think were some very imaginative designs, etc, in all of the Century 21 Productions series, but I can't think of anything that was particularly startling. All of them were known at the time (forward swept wing, swing wing, forward canard, VSTOL, parasitic launch to orbit, etc). Perhaps the most forward thinking item was in an episode of UFO where an alien device was hiding in all the space junk. The problems with the accumulation of space junk are very real.

Guest Stephen Turner

Patrick McGoohans The Prisoner.

* The use of cordless phones 15 years before they were a reality.

* the internment of political prisoners, not for something they had done, but for what they might know.

* The infantilisation of adults, and turning Citizens into mere consumers.

* The use of hallucinatory drugs to extract information.

George Markstein, who Co-wrote the first four installments, claimed that the Village was based on secret concentration camps, built in the highlands of Scotland to intern senior Nazis.

Edited by Stephen Turner

Functionally, Fleming had very little involvement, or none at all, with the actual Bond movie screenplays. So you would have to check the novels for his historical contributions.

Amusingly, though (and after Fleming was dead), a Howard Hughes-like character in Diamonds are Forever is named Willard Whyte. Though the intent was probably alliterative, a real-life Willard White may be referenced here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...15&start=15