The Education Forum

New wrinkle in JFK assassination

While I can't remember the title, the book by LBJ's lawyer, who claims LBJ initiated the hit, has pictures of LBJ smirking, winking and grinning on AF1. There is also the story by the Secret Service agent in LBJ's car in Dallas, who claims that LBJ was on the floor of the car before the 1st shot was heard.

So LBJ crying in the loo doesn't seem to hold much water, no pun intended.

Well, like I posted above - people do things for conflicting reasons, or give out reasons that conflict with reality. LBJ was caught in several hintings of conspiracy during and after the Presidency, and seemingly for conflicting purposes.

Shakespeare told Kevin Costner (in "JFK") that one may smile and smile and be a villain. Well, one can cry and cry, too. Just watch courtroom broadcasts on cable.

P.S. - This is no knock on your argument, but Barr McClellan's book on LBJ is an ephemeral historical work, so slight it isn't even really there. It's one insubstantial anecdote - a business associate of McClellan's and LBJ's told McClellan that Lyndon had had Jack offed - surrounded by a hundred pages of innuendo. This does not make a complete book, much less a useful history, and I'm amazed that the small money involved could induce a publisher to accept what, by rights, should have been a one-page magazine piece.

This does not mean that I believe LBJ was innocent - but he and his Suite 8F clique were essentially ground troops for the real kingmakers, who resided at a further economic remove in the business and politics of oil, drugs, military spending, and globalist-inspired anti-communism. LBJ was perhaps only as responsible as Edwin Walker or Joseph Milteer or Ed Lansdale, and just as disposable.

Maybe that was the thought creeped out the old Senate power-broker in the Air Force One toilet. It probably creeped him out again when he "denied himself" the nomination, knowing or sensing that he was giving the seat up not to Bobby after all, but to the old hard-line anti-communist, Nixon - the Black Prince of our tragedy.

"The Black Prince of our tragedy." I think I know what you're referring to, but I'm not sure. Could you expand on that?

quote name='Bill Simpich' date='Nov 3 2009, 07:57 PM' post='173970']

[Andrews] "Maybe that was the thought creeped out the old Senate power-broker in the Air Force One toilet. It probably creeped him out again when he "denied himself" the nomination, knowing or sensing that he was giving the seat up not to Bobby after all, but to the old hard-line anti-communist, Nixon - the Black Prince of our tragedy."

"The Black Prince of our tragedy." I think I know what you're referring to, but I'm not sure. Could you expand on that?

Bestubbled dirty-fighter Nixon - unloved in 1960 compared to golden JFK. Unloved afterward by the GOP that Nelson Rockefeller was seeking admittance to. But once super-rich, divorced Rocky couldn't beat extremist Barry Goldwater in the "popularity vote" for the GOP nomination 1964, in 1968 all that Rockefeller money got behind RMN, a potential Vietnam hardliner who - unlike Goldwater, it seemed - could be controlled by the money powers.

If LBJ could not win the war, who was the logical successor? Not CIA-friendly Gene McCarthy, certainly not vengeful Bobby; never the corrupt colossus Goldwater, not the unelectable (and never-elected) Rocky - Nixon's the One! Really, in the chaos of the post-Kennedy Vietnam era, who did the electorate and the money think was going to inherit the White House? None other than the once and future pretender - Richard, Black Prince of our tragedy, anti-communist hard-noser. the anti-Goldwater, the Rockefellers' own anti-Nelson, a comfort to the Silent Majority of ordinary American conservatives.

My point: Nixon was the Vietnam War candidate for the GOP, the one that they had needed in 1964, but whose 1960 defeat was still too fresh to countenance then. Rocky, Goldwater, Stassen - none of them were ultimately electable, Goldwater was not deemed controllable. Nixon was destined to be the GOP prosecutor of the war, "controlled" and finessed by Rockefeller protege Kissinger in his first term, and in his second by the Rockefeller clique of Haig, Butterfield, et al - who ultimately brought RMN down, and paved the way for Nelson as unelected VP.

Edited by David Andrews