The Education Forum

In appreciation of John Geraghty’s efforts

I had not planned on attending the COPA Conference but once I read its agenda that John Geraghty posted on the Forum I knew that I could not afford to miss it.

Even so I was only able to attend the Saturday afternoon portion of the conference on November 21. The excellent speakers provided keen insights and valuable information.

John Geraghty’s efforts made possible the Internet broadcasting of portions of the conference and videotaping of the speakers.

I had especially regretted not being able to attend Jim Douglass’ talk Friday night about his book, JFK and The Unspeakable.

However, while sitting in my home in Houston this Monday evening I was able to watch on my computer a video of Mr. Douglass’ presentation, which ranks among the most impressive and worthwhile that I have ever heard. So while I was not physically present Friday evening at the lecture, I watched and listened to it three days later – thanks to able recording work done by John Geraghty. Now anyone in the world can hear this important presentation as well as those made by other speakers.

Thank you, John.

I had not planned on attending the COPA Conference but once I read its agenda that John Geraghty posted on the Forum I knew that I could not afford to miss it.

Even so I was only able to attend the Saturday afternoon portion of the conference on November 21. The excellent speakers provided keen insights and valuable information.

John Geraghty’s efforts made possible the Internet broadcasting of portions of the conference and videotaping of the speakers.

I had especially regretted not being able to attend Jim Douglass’ talk Friday night about his book, JFK and The Unspeakable.

However, while sitting in my home in Houston this Monday evening I was able to watch on my computer a video of Mr. Douglass’ presentation, which ranks among the most impressive and worthwhile that I have ever heard. So while I was not physically present Friday evening at the lecture, I watched and listened to it three days later – thanks to able recording work done by John Geraghty. Now anyone in the world can hear this important presentation as well as those made by other speakers.

Thank you, John.

HEAR HEAR FOR JOHN GERAGHTY I SECOND THE MOTION DOUGLAS .HIS GREAT EFFORTS ENABLED THOSE WHO COULD NOT ATTEND TO FEEL IN SOME WAY THEY HAD PARTICIPATED..GREAT JOB JOHN AND ALSO TO THE THE REST OF THE COPA STAFF.T.CARTER JOHN JUDGE..BILL KELLY AND ALL......MANY MANY THANKS..B GREATLY APPRECIATED.. :D

Edited by Bernice Moore

Thank you, John.

HEAR HEAR FOR JOHN GERAGHTY I SECOND THE MOTION DOUGLAS .HIS GREAT EFFORTS ENABLED THOSE WHO COULD NOT ATTEND TO FEEL IN SOME WAY THEY HAD PARTICIPATED..GREAT JOB JOHN AND ALSO TO THE THE REST OF THE COPA STAFF.T.CARTER JOHN JUDGE..BILL KELLY AND ALL......MANY MANY THANKS..B GREATLY APPRECIATED.. :D

Hey,

That was a John Judge and John Geraghty Show.

I wasn't there, but did hear Dr. Wecht and others live, thorugh the magic of the internet and Geraghty's intrepid ingenuity.

And not only did we see and hear it live, others can check it out down the line.

Is Walt still talking?

I will try to get out a transcript of Jim Douglas' incredible keynote as soon as possible.

That will be my contribution.

I Also have a link to an audiotape of John Judge at Dealey Plaza from Tom Blackwell that I will post once I figure out how to do it.

And John Geraghty, sorry I missed your cell phone call from Dallas.

Call me from the next pub and I'll phone in a round.

Kudos, brownie points and a eagle feather for your cap,

BK

Thank you, John.

I guess we missed each other, Doug. I was wandering in and out Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure if my presentation, which was right before Wecht, was broadcast or not, but if it was, you might want to check it out.

I think it was on Saturday afternoon that someone asked me about Henry Marshall, and Billie Sol Estes, etc in the hallway..., and I mentioned your involvement with Estes and that you'd previously been a lawyer for the Watergate burglars. Little did I imagine that you had either just been or were just about to be in our presence.

Thank you, John.

Hey,

That was a John Judge and John Geraghty Show.

I wasn't there, but did hear Dr. Wecht and others live, thorugh the magic of the internet and Geraghty's intrepid ingenuity.

And not only did we see and hear it live, others can check it out down the line.

Is Walt still talking?

I will try to get out a transcript of Jim Douglas' incredible keynote as soon as possible.

That will be my contribution.

I Also have a link to an audiotape of John Judge at Dealey Plaza from Tom Blackwell that I will post once I figure out how to do it.

And John Geraghty, sorry I missed your cell phone call from Dallas.

Call me from the next pub and I'll phone in a round.

Kudos, brownie points and a eagle feather for your cap,

BK

the transcripts would be great bill.thanks very much appreciate all your efforts//best b.. :D

I've been back home in a very jet lagged state for only a few hours now, but the trip was well worth the exertion.

I'm glad the broadcasts in and out of the conference went off without a hitch (with the exception of T Carter on Sunday morning). We had 16 speakers in total, something that hasn't happened for quite a while.

Myself and John Judge had discussed the possibility of doing a monthly podcast as well as having a live internet discussion with an author or researcher using the same technology.

I must agree with Doug that Jim Douglass' talk was the best I've seen on any topic in quite a long time. It really drove home the importance and accessibility of his book to all.

Hopefully we'll have similar success next year and I hope to be there again. I'll probably stay a few extra days so that I'm not on my laptop all the time.

Over 100 people attended the conference over the weekend, 170 watched it online and the two youtube videos of Armstrong and Baker have 237 and 195 views in 2 days respectively.

All in all, it was very successful for COPA.

I'll also be uploading John Judge's speech from the knoll which, while only mentioning the assassination at the start, gives a good explanation of the assassination in the context of the national security state and 'what America is'.

It was my pleasure to help out on the conference, I hope to do it again and to assist in getting the best research out to a wider audience.

Edited by John Geraghty

I should add that it was a great pleasure to meet so many members of the forum. Members and past members present included, Kathy Beckett, Dawn Meredith, Pat Speer, Doug Caddy, Alan (from Australia. Sorry Alan, your surname escapes me at the moment!). There were a few others, but my mind isn't functioning properly at the moment due to all the travelling.