The Education Forum

IARRB Epilogue

If he is real how hard would it be to find "JFK deep throat"

Ian

Not hard at all. 1967 Naval Academy grad, followed by law degree from DePauw.

Likely only one person in public records fits that description.

Jack

When I first read this a few months ago, Doug told me the name of the 'cut-out' JFK researcher, and he was unknown to me. I did a basic background check on him, and don't think he's a threat to anyone else at the moment.

I also think the Deep Throat character should be positively identified and checked out.

Doug Horne thinks that the whole episode was sparked by Dick Russell's interview with him in his book.

Since I posted that interview on my blog, I have received three invitations to review deep background information by the relatives of two dead mobsters and a former CIA officer, which I now also consider suspect. The game goes on.

Please note the similarity between what occured to Horne and the Sting.

In the Big Con confidence game, what Doug calls the 'cut out' is refered to as the "roper," the Outside guy who identifies the Mark, gives him the hook and passes him on to the more sophisticated Inside Man - who gives him the convincer before pulling the Sting.

BK

Shortly after posting my first videos on youtube, and becoming somewhat known in JFK research circles, I was contacted by a woman via email who said that through her work she had come int contact with a former CIA assassin, who'd be more than willing to talk to me. I gave her my phone number.

A few days later, I received a call from this "assassin." He told me all about his days as an assassin--how he worked in insurance or dentistry or something really boring--while moonlighting as a killer. He described to me in detail how he'd once killed a man with chopsticks in the middle of a Chinese restaurant, and then just walked out. Over the course of the conversation, I became increasingly skeptical. Not only did he acknowledge a friendship with Chauncey Holt, who, to my mind, was a conman, he mentioned he'd been wanting to break into screenwriting. I concluded he was a wanna-be writer who'd written himself into his story.

But why was he doing this? M-O-N-E-Y.

A year or two later, someone trying to get money out of Wim Dankbaar created an attack website devoted to "exposing" him as a child-molester. Eventually, Wim was able to get the word out on the culprit behind these lies. It was the "assassin" to whom I'd talked on the phone!

Yes, Virginia, there are Charlatans.

Doug Horne's IARRB Epilogue Part II -

Together they are about half the Epilogue, but you get the jist of it and you see it's almost worth buying the whole book just for this story.

Deep Throat Claimed to Have Interviewed Numerous Key Persons Involved With the Assassination and Subsequent Coverup [/b]

Deep Throat's list of persons he interviewed over four years was truly impressive, and included: Allen Dulles, Richard Helms, Alexander Haig, Curtis LeMay, Jacqueline Kennedy, William Greer, Roy Kellerman, Clint Hill, Vice Admiral Kenney, Rear Admiral Galloway, Vice Admiral Burkley (who had been retained as Military Physician to the President and promoted by LBJ), CAPT John Stover, James J. Humes, "J" Thorton Boswell, Pierre A. Finck, Dave Powers, and Nellie Connally. He also said he interviewed about 90 Dealey Plaza eyewitnesses during two trips to Dallas, in which he posed as a journalist. Deep Throat told me: "The only two people who told me to xxxx off were J. Edgar Hoover and Lyndon Johnson."

The 40-Page ONI Report

The witness told me he read (and immediately destroyed after reading) a 40-page ONI report which detailed the Navy's role in the autopsy coverup which explained exactly how a part of the coverup was executed. He said it was written by a Navy LCDR whose name started with an "L," and whose name might have been "Logart," or something similar.

The key aspects of the report, he said, were that:

* The Bronze Dallas casket really was empty when Air Force One arrived at Andrews AFB on 11/22/63, just as David Lifton had claimed in his book in 1981, which meant that the public witnessed a charade on national television.

• JFK's body was removed from the Dallas casket at Love Field prior to takeoff and placed aboard Air Force Two.
  • JFK's body was transported back to Andrews onboard Air Force Two, which made a brief stop at an Air Force Base near Kansas City enroute Andrews AFB.
  • During the brief stop at the Air Force Base, JFK's body was taken off the airplane: the chest was x-rayed; and then a bullet was removed from a "space" high in the right chest, through the expanded tracheostomy incision. The bullet removed had been a frontal shot (as indicated by the Parkland physicians), which entered just to the right of the midline of the anterior nick, impacting and damaging the trachea, and lodging in the chest above the right lung. 1.
    [Note 1. At the time I heard this part of the tale, I was electrified because this was consistent with the 7 cm bruise found atop the right lung, and on top of the pleural dome, at the autopsy. It was also consistent with the opinion expressed by Dr. Clark of Parkland hospital to the New York Times on Saturday, 11/23/63, that a bullet had ranged downward in the President's chest and did not exit the body. ]
  • [/size]
  • The bullet removed was an intact rifle bullet, and was subsequently taken to Bethesda with the body.
  • Nothing was done to the head of President Kennedy (i.e., there was no post mortem cranial surgery) at the "Kansas City" location, because time was very limited.
  • The body was transferred by helicopter from AF2 to the grounds of Bethesda and delivered to the morgue in a grey shipping casket.
  • When asked by me during the interview, he confirmed that it was indeed a black ambulance, a hearse, that delivered the shipping casket to the Bethesda morgue. When he asked me to guess who was driving the hearse, I told him "Joe Hagan and Tom Robinson." He confirmed this without providing any details, except to say that he did at one point – he did not say when – interview Tom Robinson.
    Deep Throat Claimed to Have Interviewed the Autopsy Pathologists
    The mystery witness told me that in confidence, Humes and Boswell had given themselves a grade of "D minus" on their autopsy. At one point he called Pierre Finck a "mouse." He attempted to defend the pathologists by telling me they were instructed not to perform a medico-legal autopsy. He also said they were instructed to hide information related to President Kennedy's incurable NSU (venereal disease) and his Addison's disease. He further stated that Rear Admiral Burkley was present throughout the entire autopsy, and that he spent much of his time that evening upstairs in the VIP suite on the 17 floor of the Bethesda complex. When I challenged him on this, saying that there were many witnesses in the morgue to Burkley's interference with the autopsy and his attempts to limit its scope, Deep Throat's response was that Burkley had "kicked-off the coverup," but had then handed it off to Rear Admiral Galloway when he went upstairs. At one point he called CAPT Stover, the Commanding Officer of the Medical School at Bethesda (who was so feared b the enlisted men present at the autopsy), "an asshole."
    Deep Throat's Explosive Claims About the Dave Powers Film
    While I was working with the ARRB, former Presidential aide David Powers donated his home movie taken the day of the motorcade to the National Archives; I vividly recall tht he reportedly ran out of film just as the motorcade neared the end of Main Street, and prior to the right turn onto Houston. I even recall watching the film (either on the national news, or perhaps at the ARRB offices) and that when projected you could literally see it "running out" – with light fogged film near the end of the role quite visible – while the motorcade was still on Main Street.
    Deep Throat contradicted this version of by telling me in no uncertain terms that during his four-year investigation he interviewed Dave Powers and that together they watched Dave Powers' home movie three or four times, and that Powers had NOT run out of film on Main Street as later reported, and said that the big public story in the mid-1990s about running out of film while still on Main Street was a lie, a cover-story – a way to suppress what the film had really shown originally. He said Powers' film showed the back of President Kennedy's head blown off, and exit debris traveling toward the rear afterwards. (Dave Powers, along with Kenny O'Donnell, was traveling in the rear seat of the Queen Mary, right behind the Presidential limousine.) The mystery witness also told me that, "as of three or four years ago," the Powers family still had the real home movie, but had been forbidden by Powers prior to this death from every showing it to anyone. I asked the witness if the movie had been taken shooting through the windshield or from above the windshield of the Queen Mary, and Deep Throat told me, "It was shot from above the windshield, not through it."
    Deep Throat's Claims About Dealey Plaza Witnesses
    The witness said he interviewed a total of about 90 Dealey Plaza eyewitnesses during two trips to Dallas, telling them that he was a journalist who wanted to get the truth out, in order to get them to talk…..
    Deep Throat Claimed to Have Interviewed Jackie Kennedy
    The mystery witness spent much of the day talking about this interview, which he said made a big impression on him….
    Deep Throat Confirmed That Bethesda Audio-Visual Supervisor William Bruce Pitzer Was Murdered
    The witness confirmed that William Bruce Pitzer was murdered inside Bethesda Naval hospital, and that it was done in a manner that made it appear to be suicide, as claimed by many JFK researchers….
    More About the 40-Page ONI Report
    Deep Throat said the ONI report confirmed that LBJ wanted his friend and protégé, Governor Connally, out of the Presidential limousine the day of the assassination, and instead wanted his enemy, Senator Ralph Yarborough, to be in the limousine with JFK durin the Dallas motorcade….
  • [/size]
    Deep Throat's Comments About Curtis LeMay
    The witness did not tell me exactly when he interviewed Curtis LeMay, but we know it would have been following his 1965 retirement from the Air Force, and after his abortive run for the Vice Presidency with independent Presidential candidate George Wallace of Alabama in 1968….
    Deep Throat's Opinions About the Structure of the Plot
    Late in the day Deep Throat expressed the following opinions about the structure of the assassination plot, without indicating whether he had deduced this years later, or whether these were findings published in his 1973 typewritten report:
  • Allen Dulles was the "project manager,"
  • William Harvey was the "project corrdinator,"
  • Ed Lansdale was the "mastermind,"
  • H.L Hunt was the "financier," and
  • David Atlee Phillips was what he termed the "assimilator" (meaning unclear)

• Deep Throat Makes A Revealing Comment About ONI
    At one point during our long discussion on March 21, 2009, the witness indicated intimate knowledge about an ONI official which either indicated he was exactly who he said he was, and had not simply maintained his contacts with his former agency throughout the years – or that he was an intelligence operative engaged in a monstrous deception, who had made a fatal slip.
    When the discussion inevitably turned to the ONI work culture, I mentioned the name of an ONI official whom I had dealt with when serving on the ARRB staff. As soon as I mentioned the person's name and rank, Deep Throat indicated intimate knowledge of this person by blurting out his nickname – something that I had learned from officials at the Defense Intelligence Agency while working for the ARRB.....
    My Immediate Assessments the Day of the Interview
    Considering that the witness did not bring any documents with him confirming his former Navy employment - …. - I found him largely credible, on a subjective level…..His story about the diversion of the body of the slain President to an Air Force Base near Kansas City on Air Force Two was almost "too good to be true." As subsequent events would reveal, it was too good to be true.
    DEEP THROAT IS EXPOSED AS A FRAUD
    Immediately upon my return home I placed a full court press on the cut-out who had introduced me to the mystery witness, and who had paid for my trip, insisting that as cut-out, he provide me with photocopies of Deep Throat's ONI credentials….
    The Time-Distance Equation makes A Diversion of Air Force Two to a Base Near Kansas City Virtually Impossible
    I was the Navigator onboard two Navy warships between 1979-1981….For this reason I wasn't afraid to roll up my sleeves and take a serious look at the part of Deep Throat's story about the diversion of Air Force Two (tail number 86970)….
    The Air Base Near Kansas City Is Identified
    A search of the Air Force website on the internet quickly revealed Whiteman Air Force Base, about 65 miles southeast of downtown Kansas City, Missouri, to be the likely (indeed the only) candidate for the diversion mentioned by Deep Throat…..a Strategic Air Command base, which would put it under the command of Gen. LeMay….
    The Air Force Two Passenger List
    I then went to the National Archives (Archives II in College Park) to study the passenger list for Air Force Two; I was trying to ascertain who might have been on the purported flight from Dallas, to Whiteman, to Andrews on November 22, 1963 who could be contacted to ask whether the airplane had diverted or not after leaving Love Field….I was convinced the real answers to whether or not the Whiteman Air Force Base diversion really took place lay in the time-distance calculations.
    Flight Times: The Numbers Don't Lie
    Air Force Two (Special Air Mission 86970) Departure and Arrival Times:
    Air Force One (Special Air Mission 26000) Departure and Arrival Times:
    Comparing the Total Flight Times of the Two Craft:
    See Chart
    The Speeds of the Two Aircraft
    …Once again, I was confronted with the stark realization that the numbers don't lie. Apparently Deep Throat did, though. But wait; it gets worse!
    Deep Throat Does Not Appear in the Naval Academy Yearbooks for 1964-1967
    Concurrent with this other research, I subscribed to a website called "e-Yearbook.com," in order to attempt to verify that Deep Throat really did graduate from the Naval Academy…I confronted the cut-out with this information; his lack of concern, and his denial that he ever heard the witness say he attended the Naval Academy in the first place, did not exactly fill me with confidence…
    A Private Detective Verifies That Deep Throat Is An Imposter
    Alarmed at this point, I discussed the situation with a JFK researcher whom I trusted, and as a favor to me, he hired a private detective (whose services he had previously employed), in order to check out Deep Throat. The private detective was himself a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy who had served in the Marine Corps, so he had a vested interest in ascertaining the truth in this matter…no one ….who went by the name that Deep Throat had given me.
    THE REAL 'NUTCUTTER'
    I now viewed with alarm the fact that Deep Throat had known the derogatory nickname for the ONI official with whom I had been forced to deal with during my time as an ARRB staff member. Rather than verify for me his bonafides, as it originally had, this fact now pointed to Deep Throat as a likely disinformation agent of the U.S. intelligence community…..
    The next question became: Why had someone in the government engineered this very elaborate, very patient, subterfuge?
    Why It Was Done
    The U.S. government's most effective technique in discrediting news stories and books that it finds unfavorable, or undesirable, has always been the use of ridicule, usually employed by members of the media, or academics, who are acting as government assets on specific occasions….I believe that the intent here was to discredit facts by reintroducing them through a tainted source….

Once I got over the discomfiture caused by the realization that I had been the subject of a sting, I was actually motivated even more strongly to complete my manuscript, and to do so as soon as possible. So I wish to show my appreciation to the misguided individuals who thought up this gambit, here and now, for providing me with additional incentives to finish my magnum opus. Thanks, I needed that. At a time when mental and physical exhaustion was setting in, you gave me the swift kick-in-the-pants that I needed t really get going on my chapter about the Zapruder film….The lessons here for the JFK assassination researchers are twofold. Something that appears 'too good to be true' – such as a bombshell witness who is produced by a total stranger just before your book is due to be published – usually is too good to be true. Oh, and there's one more bit of advice I have to impart: Beware of geeks bearing gifts.

Edited by William Kelly

• 4 weeks later...
Doug Horne's IARRB Epilogue Part II -

Together they are about half the Epilogue, but you get the jist of it and you see it's almost worth buying the whole book just for this story.

Deep Throat Claimed to Have Interviewed Numerous Key Persons Involved With the Assassination and Subsequent Coverup [/b]

Deep Throat's list of persons he interviewed over four years was truly impressive, and included: Allen Dulles, Richard Helms, Alexander Haig, Curtis LeMay, Jacqueline Kennedy, William Greer, Roy Kellerman, Clint Hill, Vice Admiral Kenney, Rear Admiral Galloway, Vice Admiral Burkley (who had been retained as Military Physician to the President and promoted by LBJ), CAPT John Stover, James J. Humes, "J" Thorton Boswell, Pierre A. Finck, Dave Powers, and Nellie Connally. He also said he interviewed about 90 Dealey Plaza eyewitnesses during two trips to Dallas, in which he posed as a journalist. Deep Throat told me: "The only two people who told me to xxxx off were J. Edgar Hoover and Lyndon Johnson."

The 40-Page ONI Report

The witness told me he read (and immediately destroyed after reading) a 40-page ONI report which detailed the Navy's role in the autopsy coverup which explained exactly how a part of the coverup was executed. He said it was written by a Navy LCDR whose name started with an "L," and whose name might have been "Logart," or something similar.

The key aspects of the report, he said, were that:

* The Bronze Dallas casket really was empty when Air Force One arrived at Andrews AFB on 11/22/63, just as David Lifton had claimed in his book in 1981, which meant that the public witnessed a charade on national television.

• JFK's body was removed from the Dallas casket at Love Field prior to takeoff and placed aboard Air Force Two.
  • JFK's body was transported back to Andrews onboard Air Force Two, which made a brief stop at an Air Force Base near Kansas City enroute Andrews AFB.
  • During the brief stop at the Air Force Base, JFK's body was taken off the airplane: the chest was x-rayed; and then a bullet was removed from a "space" high in the right chest, through the expanded tracheostomy incision. The bullet removed had been a frontal shot (as indicated by the Parkland physicians), which entered just to the right of the midline of the anterior nick, impacting and damaging the trachea, and lodging in the chest above the right lung. 1.
    [Note 1. At the time I heard this part of the tale, I was electrified because this was consistent with the 7 cm bruise found atop the right lung, and on top of the pleural dome, at the autopsy. It was also consistent with the opinion expressed by Dr. Clark of Parkland hospital to the New York Times on Saturday, 11/23/63, that a bullet had ranged downward in the President's chest and did not exit the body. ]
  • [/size]
  • The bullet removed was an intact rifle bullet, and was subsequently taken to Bethesda with the body.
  • Nothing was done to the head of President Kennedy (i.e., there was no post mortem cranial surgery) at the "Kansas City" location, because time was very limited.
  • The body was transferred by helicopter from AF2 to the grounds of Bethesda and delivered to the morgue in a grey shipping casket.
  • When asked by me during the interview, he confirmed that it was indeed a black ambulance, a hearse, that delivered the shipping casket to the Bethesda morgue. When he asked me to guess who was driving the hearse, I told him "Joe Hagan and Tom Robinson." He confirmed this without providing any details, except to say that he did at one point – he did not say when – interview Tom Robinson.
    Deep Throat Claimed to Have Interviewed the Autopsy Pathologists
    The mystery witness told me that in confidence, Humes and Boswell had given themselves a grade of "D minus" on their autopsy. At one point he called Pierre Finck a "mouse." He attempted to defend the pathologists by telling me they were instructed not to perform a medico-legal autopsy. He also said they were instructed to hide information related to President Kennedy's incurable NSU (venereal disease) and his Addison's disease. He further stated that Rear Admiral Burkley was present throughout the entire autopsy, and that he spent much of his time that evening upstairs in the VIP suite on the 17 floor of the Bethesda complex. When I challenged him on this, saying that there were many witnesses in the morgue to Burkley's interference with the autopsy and his attempts to limit its scope, Deep Throat's response was that Burkley had "kicked-off the coverup," but had then handed it off to Rear Admiral Galloway when he went upstairs. At one point he called CAPT Stover, the Commanding Officer of the Medical School at Bethesda (who was so feared b the enlisted men present at the autopsy), "an asshole."
    Deep Throat's Explosive Claims About the Dave Powers Film
    While I was working with the ARRB, former Presidential aide David Powers donated his home movie taken the day of the motorcade to the National Archives; I vividly recall tht he reportedly ran out of film just as the motorcade neared the end of Main Street, and prior to the right turn onto Houston. I even recall watching the film (either on the national news, or perhaps at the ARRB offices) and that when projected you could literally see it "running out" – with light fogged film near the end of the role quite visible – while the motorcade was still on Main Street.
    Deep Throat contradicted this version of by telling me in no uncertain terms that during his four-year investigation he interviewed Dave Powers and that together they watched Dave Powers' home movie three or four times, and that Powers had NOT run out of film on Main Street as later reported, and said that the big public story in the mid-1990s about running out of film while still on Main Street was a lie, a cover-story – a way to suppress what the film had really shown originally. He said Powers' film showed the back of President Kennedy's head blown off, and exit debris traveling toward the rear afterwards. (Dave Powers, along with Kenny O'Donnell, was traveling in the rear seat of the Queen Mary, right behind the Presidential limousine.) The mystery witness also told me that, "as of three or four years ago," the Powers family still had the real home movie, but had been forbidden by Powers prior to this death from every showing it to anyone. I asked the witness if the movie had been taken shooting through the windshield or from above the windshield of the Queen Mary, and Deep Throat told me, "It was shot from above the windshield, not through it."
    Deep Throat's Claims About Dealey Plaza Witnesses
    The witness said he interviewed a total of about 90 Dealey Plaza eyewitnesses during two trips to Dallas, telling them that he was a journalist who wanted to get the truth out, in order to get them to talk…..
    Deep Throat Claimed to Have Interviewed Jackie Kennedy
    The mystery witness spent much of the day talking about this interview, which he said made a big impression on him….
    Deep Throat Confirmed That Bethesda Audio-Visual Supervisor William Bruce Pitzer Was Murdered
    The witness confirmed that William Bruce Pitzer was murdered inside Bethesda Naval hospital, and that it was done in a manner that made it appear to be suicide, as claimed by many JFK researchers….
    More About the 40-Page ONI Report
    Deep Throat said the ONI report confirmed that LBJ wanted his friend and protégé, Governor Connally, out of the Presidential limousine the day of the assassination, and instead wanted his enemy, Senator Ralph Yarborough, to be in the limousine with JFK durin the Dallas motorcade….
  • [/size]
    Deep Throat's Comments About Curtis LeMay
    The witness did not tell me exactly when he interviewed Curtis LeMay, but we know it would have been following his 1965 retirement from the Air Force, and after his abortive run for the Vice Presidency with independent Presidential candidate George Wallace of Alabama in 1968….
    Deep Throat's Opinions About the Structure of the Plot
    Late in the day Deep Throat expressed the following opinions about the structure of the assassination plot, without indicating whether he had deduced this years later, or whether these were findings published in his 1973 typewritten report:
  • Allen Dulles was the "project manager,"
  • William Harvey was the "project corrdinator,"
  • Ed Lansdale was the "mastermind,"
  • H.L Hunt was the "financier," and
  • David Atlee Phillips was what he termed the "assimilator" (meaning unclear)

• Deep Throat Makes A Revealing Comment About ONI
    At one point during our long discussion on March 21, 2009, the witness indicated intimate knowledge about an ONI official which either indicated he was exactly who he said he was, and had not simply maintained his contacts with his former agency throughout the years – or that he was an intelligence operative engaged in a monstrous deception, who had made a fatal slip.
    When the discussion inevitably turned to the ONI work culture, I mentioned the name of an ONI official whom I had dealt with when serving on the ARRB staff. As soon as I mentioned the person's name and rank, Deep Throat indicated intimate knowledge of this person by blurting out his nickname – something that I had learned from officials at the Defense Intelligence Agency while working for the ARRB.....
    My Immediate Assessments the Day of the Interview
    Considering that the witness did not bring any documents with him confirming his former Navy employment - …. - I found him largely credible, on a subjective level…..His story about the diversion of the body of the slain President to an Air Force Base near Kansas City on Air Force Two was almost "too good to be true." As subsequent events would reveal, it was too good to be true.
    DEEP THROAT IS EXPOSED AS A FRAUD
    Immediately upon my return home I placed a full court press on the cut-out who had introduced me to the mystery witness, and who had paid for my trip, insisting that as cut-out, he provide me with photocopies of Deep Throat's ONI credentials….
    The Time-Distance Equation makes A Diversion of Air Force Two to a Base Near Kansas City Virtually Impossible
    I was the Navigator onboard two Navy warships between 1979-1981….For this reason I wasn't afraid to roll up my sleeves and take a serious look at the part of Deep Throat's story about the diversion of Air Force Two (tail number 86970)….
    The Air Base Near Kansas City Is Identified
    A search of the Air Force website on the internet quickly revealed Whiteman Air Force Base, about 65 miles southeast of downtown Kansas City, Missouri, to be the likely (indeed the only) candidate for the diversion mentioned by Deep Throat…..a Strategic Air Command base, which would put it under the command of Gen. LeMay….
    The Air Force Two Passenger List
    I then went to the National Archives (Archives II in College Park) to study the passenger list for Air Force Two; I was trying to ascertain who might have been on the purported flight from Dallas, to Whiteman, to Andrews on November 22, 1963 who could be contacted to ask whether the airplane had diverted or not after leaving Love Field….I was convinced the real answers to whether or not the Whiteman Air Force Base diversion really took place lay in the time-distance calculations.
    Flight Times: The Numbers Don't Lie
    Air Force Two (Special Air Mission 86970) Departure and Arrival Times:
    Air Force One (Special Air Mission 26000) Departure and Arrival Times:
    Comparing the Total Flight Times of the Two Craft:
    See Chart
    The Speeds of the Two Aircraft
    …Once again, I was confronted with the stark realization that the numbers don't lie. Apparently Deep Throat did, though. But wait; it gets worse!
    Deep Throat Does Not Appear in the Naval Academy Yearbooks for 1964-1967
    Concurrent with this other research, I subscribed to a website called "e-Yearbook.com," in order to attempt to verify that Deep Throat really did graduate from the Naval Academy…I confronted the cut-out with this information; his lack of concern, and his denial that he ever heard the witness say he attended the Naval Academy in the first place, did not exactly fill me with confidence…
    A Private Detective Verifies That Deep Throat Is An Imposter
    Alarmed at this point, I discussed the situation with a JFK researcher whom I trusted, and as a favor to me, he hired a private detective (whose services he had previously employed), in order to check out Deep Throat. The private detective was himself a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy who had served in the Marine Corps, so he had a vested interest in ascertaining the truth in this matter…no one ….who went by the name that Deep Throat had given me.
    THE REAL 'NUTCUTTER'
    I now viewed with alarm the fact that Deep Throat had known the derogatory nickname for the ONI official with whom I had been forced to deal with during my time as an ARRB staff member. Rather than verify for me his bonafides, as it originally had, this fact now pointed to Deep Throat as a likely disinformation agent of the U.S. intelligence community…..
    The next question became: Why had someone in the government engineered this very elaborate, very patient, subterfuge?
    Why It Was Done
    The U.S. government's most effective technique in discrediting news stories and books that it finds unfavorable, or undesirable, has always been the use of ridicule, usually employed by members of the media, or academics, who are acting as government assets on specific occasions….I believe that the intent here was to discredit facts by reintroducing them through a tainted source….

Once I got over the discomfiture caused by the realization that I had been the subject of a sting, I was actually motivated even more strongly to complete my manuscript, and to do so as soon as possible. So I wish to show my appreciation to the misguided individuals who thought up this gambit, here and now, for providing me with additional incentives to finish my magnum opus. Thanks, I needed that. At a time when mental and physical exhaustion was setting in, you gave me the swift kick-in-the-pants that I needed t really get going on my chapter about the Zapruder film….The lessons here for the JFK assassination researchers are twofold. Something that appears 'too good to be true' – such as a bombshell witness who is produced by a total stranger just before your book is due to be published – usually is too good to be true. Oh, and there's one more bit of advice I have to impart: Beware of geeks bearing gifts.

Okay, now we know the "Cut Out" in the Doug Horne Epilogue is Phil Singer, a long time JFK assassination researcher who worked with Mark Lane and vouched for the bonifides of "Deep Throat," who claimed to be an ex-Navy Annapolis grad and Navy officer affiliated with ONI.

There is a politically savy Phil Singer in Chicago who served as a spokesman for the Kerry/Edwards campaign and then the Clinton campaign, and ironically, Singer was quoted officially in response to the Clinto campaign snafu regarding the possiblity of Obama being assassinated.

If these guys are running a Sting, then Phil Singer, who Horne calls the "Cut-Out," is actually a "Roper," who identifies and targets the Marks (Horne & DD), and introduces them to the "Inside Man," who gives the Mark the Convincer - the Family Jewels.

Horne's PI says no one by the full name thought to be "Deep Throat," aka "Dave," graduated from Annapolis or served as an officer (1969-73).

While Horne elected not to reveal their names, we now can at least put real names to the nicknames, though we still don't have faces or background of these people.

If anyone wants to try to help identify "Deep Throat Dave" and determine who he is and what he is up to, I will give you his full, correct name and local if you email me and share what you learn (bkjfk3@yahoo.com).

"Dave" has been associated with Chris Anderson, of Sundown Entertainment, a film producer who has done time in federal prison for wire fraud, where he met another convicted embezeller who is now his partner in Sundown Entertainment, a company the Illinois officials have investigated and officially designated an illegal Ponzi Scheme.

Anderson however, did make a documentary film that allegedly includes a number of subjects, including Bob Groden, Prof. Fetzer, James Files and Dankbar, though we haven't heard a peep from any of them.

The film has been released as a CD and copies have been distributed, and an article has been written and published and posted on this forum (by the administrator JS).

It seems like they made promises of a high rate and quick return for the money to people (75?) who gave them funds to make this film or another one, and bilked people out of some $4 million, which is a lot of money and plenty enough to make a really good movie.

At first I thought that this guy "Deep Throat Dave" - could be a psychwar operator who could be connected (with the suspects) - and still might be - since there are various spellings of "Dave's" full name and some have Navy connections. And Horne said "Deep Throat Dave" knew the nickname of the military officer who servedd as liason for the Navy to the ARRB. You would have to be connected to know that. So there's more to this story than meets the eye, thus far.

But with the info we have so far, I now think these guys are just a bunch of Bozos and Con artists out to scam a quick buck, and not out to intentionally give all conspiracy theorists a bad name, though that might the result.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Okay, now we know the "Cut Out" in the Doug Horne Epilogue is Phil Singer, a long time JFK assassination researcher who worked with Mark Lane and vouched for the bonifides of "Deep Throat," who claimed to be an ex-Navy Annapolis grad and Navy officer affiliated with ONI.

There is a politically savy Phil Singer in Chicago who served as a spokesman for the Kerry/Edwards campaign and then the Clinton campaign, and ironically, Singer was quoted officially in response to the Clinto campaign snafu regarding the possiblity of Obama being assassinated.

If these guys are running a Sting, then Phil Singer, who Horne calls the "Cut-Out," is actually a "Roper," who identifies and targets the Marks (Horne & DD), and introduces them to the "Inside Man," who gives the Mark the Convincer - the Family Jewels.

Horne's PI says no one by the name thought to be "Deep Throat," aka "Dave," [full name possibly David Theiss, Jr.], graduated from Annapolis or served as an officer (1969-73).

While Horne elected not to reveal their names, we now can at least put real names to the nicknames, though we still don't have faces or background of these people.

"Dave" has been associated with Chris Anderson, of Sundown Entertainment, a film producer who has done time in federal prison for wire fraud, where he met another convicted embezeller who is now his partner in Sundown Entertainment, a company the Illinois officials have investigated and officially designated an illegal Ponzi Scheme.

Anderson however, did make a documentary film that allegedly includes a number of subjects, including Bob Groden, Prof. Fetzer, James Files and Dankbar, though we haven't heard a peep from any of them.

The film has been released as a CD and copies have been distributed, and an article has been written and published and posted on this forum (by the administrator JS).

It seems like they made promises of a high rate and quick return for the money to people (75?) who gave them funds to make this film or another one, and bilked people out of some $4 million, which is a lot of money and plenty enough to make a really good movie.

At first I thought that this guy "Deep Throat Dave" - could be a psychwar operator who could be connected (with the suspects) - and still might be - since there are various spellings of "Dave's" full name and some have Navy connections. And Horne said "Deep Throat Dave" knew the nickname of the military officer who servedd as liason for the Navy to the ARRB. You would have to be connected to know that. So there's more to this story than meets the eye, thus far.

But with the info we have so far, I now think these guys are just a bunch of Bozos and Con artists out to scam a quick buck, and not out to intentionally give all conspiracy theorists a bad name, though that might the result.

BK

Is this Phil Singer, the JFK assassination researcher, or are there two political savy guys from Chicago named Phil Singer?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/08/clinton-surrogate-makes-c_n_80449.html

Today, in Dover, Francine Torge, a former John Edwards supporter, said this while introducing Mrs. Clinton: "Some people compare one of the other candidates to John F. Kennedy. But he was assassinated. And Lyndon Baines Johnson was the one who actually" passed the civil rights legislation.

The comment, an apparent reference to Senator Barack Obama, is particularly striking given documented fears among blacks that Mr. Obama will be assassinated if elected.

Phil Singer, a Clinton spokesman said: "We were not aware that this person was going to make those comments and disapprove of them completely. They were totally inappropriate."

Edited by William Kelly

Except that LBJ did not preside over the passing of JFK's 1963 Civil Rights Bill at all. What was passed was a significantly altered version after two intensive years of lobbying and then he disarmed its implementation by combining its application into an ineffectual understaffed limited deoartment.

• 1 year later...

Except that LBJ did not preside over the passing of JFK's 1963 Civil Rights Bill at all. What was passed was a significantly altered version after two intensive years of lobbying and then he disarmed its implementation by combining its application into an ineffectual understaffed limited deoartment.

I have been reviewing William Manchester's Death of A President & noticed something that continually surfaces in descriptions of the military personnel

carrying JFK's casket the day of the funeral and before after JFK's body was brought back to Washington, D.C. and after the Bethesda autopsy,

and that is the fact that all of the men carrying the casket could barely carry it.

Manchester makes note of this several times and also mentions how it shouldn't have been a problem, and yet.....

I don't know what to make of it......but anything unusual that hasn't been delved into to, should be made note of......

Also, I wanted to bump this thread since Deep Throat Dave seems to have a possible interconnection to Terri Pike.

Horne's PI says no one by the name thought to be "Deep Throat," aka "Dave," [full name possibly David Theiss, Jr.], graduated from Annapolis or served as an officer (1969-73).

BK

Robert, thanks for reviving this thread, and I too wondered about the heavy coffin with the broken handle. Why was it so heavy if JFK's body wasn't in it?

As for the connection to the Pike thread, it appears that "Deep Throat Dave" was pals, and knew one of the two nicknames of LCDR R. D. Bastien, the ONI FOIA JAG officer who assisted in the railroading of Pike and signed the final ONI compliance report for ARRB.

If these two guys were friends and possibly working together, they "sting" they tried to run against Doug Horne originated with Bastien and ONI and not Singer, the JFK assassination researcher, who I've communicated with and believe he is innocent of being part of the shennagans, though he was utilized as the roper in hooking Horne and possibly others - ie. Groden.

If anyone wants to research this aspect of the case I will provide them with the real name of "Deep Throat Dave," as I don't believe he deserves any more protection or privacy.

Bkjfk3@yahoo.com