The Education Forum

Dorman Film

frames 215 216, (Z) intersprocket area.gif

Edited by John Dolva

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, my system is seriously underpowered due to crash of main so I can't whip up gifs like I used to. and I haven't the resources to do the necessary ripping.

no, costellas are no good.

the mpi intersprocket area. mentioned it yesterday. theres a sequence of perhaps 4-5 frames there that may be helpful. i'll have to recheck the numbering but also have to go out for a few hours. ill check it then.

Mrs Willis and Mystery Woman.

No Phil Willis or Croft ?

Robin

Im going to read the section on Croft in "Pictures of the Pain" as I forgot his movements through Dealey Plaza

I will report back

Dean

Phil and Rosemary Willis must still be across from the corner of Main and houston as seen in Skaggs

And Croft was probably taking his photo as the limo rounds the corner

Croft

Skaggs#4 crop

Edited by Robin Unger

no, costellas are no good.

the mpi intersprocket area. mentioned it yesterday. theres a sequence of perhaps 4-5 frames there that may be helpful. i'll have to recheck the numbering but also have to go out for a few hours. ill check it then.

John,

213-224

http://98.155.2.255:8400/2A7C9/213-224.flv

OR

Gif included.

213-224.gif

The flash video is better quality if you can get it.

chris

Edited by Chris Davidson

The suited gentleman we see in the ghost sprocket area could be our mystery man if he has made it across the street under/near the Stemmons Sign, if the properties of ghost images are to be upheld.

Which would put that part of the film farther ahead than what we actually see. Time it takes to walk from where we see him in Dorman to ghost image spot in Z.

And/Or,

The film was enlarged at some point to allow the cropping out of objects. Once again this is occuring when the Stemmons sign is coming into view and the main object (limo) starts varying from center frame.

Take a look at how big the girl behind the tree becomes too.

OR,

Optical problems, ie... pincushioning

chris

Edited by Chris Davidson

John,

If the ghost images are supposed to be part of adjacent frames which would include camera movement, why does the stationary object (criminal courts building) in the bottom ghost image area not move, while the man in the top ghost image area move with the frame advancing?

chris

217-218.gif